Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is cool:

NOTE: The horn also sounds when you cover all buttons on the right side of the steering yoke with your hand.

Attachments

• 5EFD9768-5D7A-4973-9886-70CF423CDCA5.jpeg
    5EFD9768-5D7A-4973-9886-70CF423CDCA5.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 80
Um, no; it's a PUBLIC company in which there are shareholders like many of us and a Board of Directors...all of whom should INSIST that the guy go back to working behind the scenes and allow a real CEO/COO take over so the company can become what it should be by now!
Just my voice but i disagree - IMHO Execution at Tesla is overall strong - they are delivering what seems to be an overall amazing vehicle at a price that is significantly less than the European competition and doing it with humans in a big business that seem committed and connected…thats not easy to do.

and a COO could ruin that …

big risks in changing what does seem to be working really well

I would actually bet you the opposite. Plus, the stock market has proven to be so incredibly unpredictable these statements are just that, speculation as we’ve seen the last 600 pages and now everyone is all mad lol.

As a shareholder, I would love the stock to go up 100 points in a single day. But I don’t think it’s in the best interest of the company for Elon to step down. There’s my vote as insignificant as it is.
Agreed here - again, IMHO - the execution in a company that size in the automotive business without decades of experience is pretty good

They just delivered what seems to be an amazing car - leading edge in tech, performance, design, and doing it at a price point that is lower than the competition.

Does anyone else think this could be a potential problem?
Hasn't been for Model 3/Y, but long-term servicing could be more complicated. On Model 3 there is the penthouse below the rear seats with relatively easy access, but the Model S doesn't look like it has that. If anything, it looks like the thing in the front of the battery is the new penthouse and potentially doesn't contain batteries anymore. If you look at the Model X page you can see some cabling going into that (it's further taken apart than on the S page).

Agreed here - again, IMHO - the execution in a company that size in the automotive business without decades of experience is pretty good

They just delivered what seems to be an amazing car - leading edge in tech, performance, design, and doing it at a price point that is lower than the competition.
Yes, Elon is a nut, but look at what he has done over the last 10 years. If I were a director, I would be pretty reluctant to displace him. Every one of us comes with a package of good and bad traits. The good outweighs the bad here pretty clearly to me.

Read through the 40 pages I missed. It's late, but here are a few quick thoughts:
  • Looking at the car holistically and qualitatively, it is really well put together. If you ignore the presence or absence of specific features and take in the car as a whole, its pretty awesome--I really enjoyed the 2 hour drive
  • I'd urge you to not cancel your order until you get your hands on one. If you live in NorCal, I'll happily meet you somewhere
  • A lot of the goodness of the car is fundamental to the car, so no way should you look at the LR as some lesser version--its faster, that is all
  • I'd also caution against comparing one company's (mostly) shipping product to someone else's futures. Everything looks good in PowerPoint

• Elon was really pumped when he got out of the car on-stage. No sure how well that came across on the live stream, but it seemed a very triumphant moment and it was moving
  • It seems like he saw the rest of the slides for the first time while he was on the stage--kinda par for the course--he's better speaking that presenting
  • Something cool and important. There were a lot of Tesla folks there that worked on various aspects of the car (aerodynamics, electrical, interior). Everyone was super thankful to the folks picking up cars (we had different color badges). I know folks here feel Tesla is sometimes apathetic and that is understandable, but the folks I chatted with this evening were thankful for our business
  • More than one person told me more deliveries are happening this month and next before the ramp Elon referenced in his talk. No one had specific info LRs (good or bad)

• The car is a blast to drive--good chassis dynamics and very poised--it has lots of power but did not surprise me in unexpected ways
  • Plaid is just ridiculous. I punched it just once and I think I tweaked something in my back :)
  • Interior is nicely done. Still the Tesla aesthetic, but quality materials, pleasing to the touch, nice clean lines, lots of little details like stitching and piping on the seats
  • I like the horizontal display--feels like it shows much more info. UI seems a bit kludgy--think we'll need to wait until v11 to see something optimized for the new set-up
  • Yoke steering was not bad. I only had one instance where I went to grab a non-existent wheel. I could see adapting to this pretty quickly.
  • Yoke had a oval cross-section--typical width, but deep--it is comfortable to hold
  • If there is a variable ratio, it is pretty subtle--did not notice a wide variance in wheel behavior, but then most of my driving was on a freeway
  • I'll take some video tomorrow of going for a drive on surface streets and in a parking lot, so folks can see what it was like--we got our cars after it got dark, so not much to really record
  • Kinda "meh" about the stalkless thing. Right now I am catagorizing it as different, but not better. The turn signals were OK--I was hating them when I first got int he car (40 years of muscle memory), but was getting use to them by the time I got home
  • Ambivalent about the manual shift controls--work fine, easy to understand and non-intrusive--I posted pics of the UI in SmugMug
  • Given it was dark, I was unfamiliar wiht the controls and did not know the roads, I was not brave enough to turn on auto-shift--a goal for tomrrow
  • Rear seat is a definite improvement over all prior Model Ses

• Ambient lighting is pretty basic--LEDs in the bottom of the door pocket uplight the bottoms of the doors--nothing fancy like the EQS
  • That is really the only negative-ish impression so far
  • Things I miss from my P85: pano roof, yacht floor, real door releases

I'll post more pics tomorrow when the sun comes up: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

• On-board charger is 48A
  • You get 2 key fobs, 2 key cars, plus the phone keys
Thank you!

Yes, Elon is a nut, but look at what he has done over the last 10 years. If I were a director, I would be pretty reluctant to displace him. Every one of us comes with a package of good and bad traits. The good outweighs the bad here pretty clearly to me.

Good points. I think Elon should have a main part of the presentation but the actual presentation should have been better organized, rehearsed, and presented by someone else. He is brilliant but not the main spokesperson in events such as this one.

Good points. I think Elon should have a main part of the presentation but the actual presentation should have been better organized, rehearsed, and presented by someone else. He is brilliant but not the main spokesperson in events such as this one.

Still better than Bill Ford tho, boy is that guy a stick