Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Been lurking for here for a while; not much posting. First test drove an MS in 2015 and decided I would definitely get one when the kids were old enough to drive and I had less stuff to haul around. Finally ordered a MSLR on January 25 (RN1144xxx). Tried to be patient.

I think last night broke me. Moving forward with a BMW M5. Looking forward to trading it in on an EV in about two years when there is more competition and/or Tesla has figured out production and communication issues. My desire for an MS has not changed, but I need a car.

Hope this moves some of you up on the delivery list a step. Good luck and enjoy!

A member from a forum I go to regularly posted this question: "In the case the screen goes black and had to reboot, what happen to the gear shifter? Will the car keep the previous selection? Is there any other mechanism to change gear under this scenario?"
You have to climb in the back seat to activate it from the other touch screen. Just get back up front before you hit a tree.

A member from a forum I go to regularly posted this question: "In the case the screen goes black and had to reboot, what happen to the gear shifter? Will the car keep the previous selection? Is there any other mechanism to change gear under this scenario?"
Read the manual. The selectors under the charger appear if screen is unavailable.

You also make them appear by pressing both scroll wheels (but not holding)

I see no mention of Sirius XM in the manual. So, is this not a feature anymore. Still can’t believe Tesla can not figure a way to have AM radio either.

FYI Elon - when traveling, cell does not always have coverage, so that is why Sirius and AM radio is nice.
don't kill me for the question but does tesla not have sirius? I have only rode in one once and was in charge of the music selection. I found the teslas ui to be slow and clunky and nothing like I imagined but figured it was because the car was an older model s. I asked my friend if there was spotify support and he said yes. Not sure why anyone would use teslas own over that. Would figure on such a high tech focused car that It would be standard. Sirius can be great for sports events as well.

Mind you I still use CDs in my 2005 ICE so

Reactions: JimLL
don't kill me for the question but does tesla not have sirius? I have only rode in one once and was in charge of the music selection. I found the teslas ui to be slow and clunky and nothing like I imagined but figured it was because the car was an older model s. I asked my friend if there was spotify support and he said yes. Not sure why anyone would use teslas own over that. Would figure on such a high tech focused car that It would be standard. Sirius can be great for sports events as well.

Mind you I still use CDs in my 2005 ICE so
I thought I saw SiriusXM mentioned on a slide during the event, or might have been the window sticker

Reactions: DBV1 and Ovrt23