Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is some subtle lighting from the bottom of the door pockets

From the render, it looks almost like there's an LED strip built into the silver trim. I assume this was just a shadow in the render and nothing there in real-life? You can see where it looks like the light strips start in the red boxes

1623437638232.png

1623437807541.png

From the render, it looks almost like there's an LED strip built into the silver trim. I assume this was just a shadow in the render and nothing there in real-life? You can see where it looks like the light strips start in the red boxes

View attachment 672245

View attachment 672246
I strongly believe this got nixed in the final builds. Or who knows…it will suddenly show up in cars built from August or whatever. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: travwill
OK, two things:
  • I got brave and turned on the AutoShift. I have a typical setup where I back out of my garage in reverse, then once in the street, shift into drive, turn the wheel to the left and be on my way. It half worked. The car knew to put itself into reverse and I backed out of my driveway (BTW the visuals in the instrument cluster are very clear as to which direction the car will go). But, it did not know when to shift into drive. It tried turning my wheel in the direction I wanted to go to see if I could trigger something, but no dice. I will try this again later. Today is trash day, so everyone had their cans out, plus my neighbor is having some work done, so there are service vehicles parked everywhere. I'll try it again when the street is emptier.
    • As an aside, shifting on the screen is getting pretty intuitive
  • Since I had the car out, I did a quick loop around the block and through a parking lot to get a feel for the yoke. Basically a 90 degree turn (i.e. right turn at a cross street) is accomplished by a 180 degree turn of the yoke and a 180 degree u-turn requires a full 360-degree turn of the yoke. This is not as awkward as it sounds as the bottom of the yoke allows you to do hand-over-hand to turn the yoke over. The muscle memory issue for me is, typically, once I make a turn, I let the wheel run through a loosened grip straighten on its own, and can't really do that anymore. I'll try and get some driving video done today.
    • The ergonomics of the yoke are spot on--they did a nice job.