Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few have been asking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 77
I just finished speaking with Tesla and I am hot as hell. Tesla is insisting on charging me the $10,000 price increase for converting a plaid+ order I placed on Battery Day. As my signature indicates, I have been a faithful Tesla customer and a shareholder as well. I will be canceling my plaid+ reservation and looking elsewhere for a new car. Good luck to all of you!

Can’t help you there but would be nice to get battery pack capacity by using a combination of displayed range and EPA efficiency. I believe @AlanSubie4Life has a more exact method though I forget what it is.

The method of the energy screen provides a lower limit for pack capacity - for a pack exceeding the degradation threshold, it just results in the degradation threshold (often the case for a new car). It also just provides the currently chosen available capacity from Tesla - they could unlock more capacity later - if it exists (often does not).

Anyway, @omarsultan just go to the energy consumption screen, use distance mode and also energy mode and capture in a couple pictures:

1) Wh/mi recent AVG efficiency. And projected range. And the SoC % (in a separate picture, capture the rated miles (distance display mode)). All three numbers together in each of these two pictures.

2) As a bonus, for accuracy, NAVIGATE to a NEARBY location. Then switch to Energy -> Trip tab/screen. Click on the magnifying glass to zoom in. Take a picture, capturing the y-axis (y-intercept). This allows interpolation of the SoC %, for better accuracy.

All of this should be done in Park with the climate control off (to reduce any drain while taking pictures).

Result will be three pictures:
1) Three numbers from Energy Screen, % Display (Energy) (Battery icon in %)
2) Three numbers from Energy Screen, Distance Display (battery icon in mi/km - km slightly better)
3) Picture of Trip projection showing starting SoC, zoomed in (allows fractional % to be determined).

Obviously assumes all this works the same way on the newer software, as it did before.

It will be ABOUT:

0.885* 348mi/(101MPGe/33705Wh/Ge)

= 102kWh. (Within a % or two - assuming they have not made huge changes to charging efficiency of 88.5%.)

Last edited:
I just finished speaking with Tesla and I am hot as hell. Tesla is insisting on charging me the $10,000 price increase for converting a plaid+ order I placed on Battery Day. As my signature indicates, I have been a faithful Tesla customer and a shareholder as well. I will be canceling my plaid+ reservation and looking elsewhere for a new car. Good luck to all of you!
That is not good. Could you escalate it up chain to someone? It would seem to be fair to capture the prior price given you had the P+ reservation prior to the increase. Good luck with it,
Mark

Called over to dealer in Devon, PA. Spoke to someone there for a little while. They sounded confident being that my profile is 100% complete (with insurance policy form my old car uploaded and all) and not changing my order that a vin should be assigned shortly. But, he said it could be over the next week or two, which then puts delivery out until July/August. They mentioned a June delivery date is possible, but given they only delivered 25 at event and only producing about 100 cars a week for now, not sure about deliveries here on east coast for those that did not place order in beginning of year, more than likely looking at August then. He said do not change the order. Price at time of deposit will hold, unless you change the configuration. Old floor mats should fit in the new MS, or they would of changed the mats on the website by now. Had nothing to say about CF trim or anything holding up order since i placed mine before that was published on the website. I asked about all of the cars sitting in Freemont on the temp lot, he didn't have anything to say. He also said that typically the delivery schedule on east coast is the last month of the quarter, which would be September. But since they want to roll out the MS and catch up with any backlogs they will continue to roll them out as fast as they can for delivery. So if you are not in June, then July/August most likely.

I would suggest that if anyone has questions or wants an update to just call the local dealership you are picking up from. I had to wait on hold for about 10 minutes, but then got someone that was happy to try and answer some questions........best they can i guess. The person i spoke to said they still don't have "that many answers" just yet since the event was just last night. As we get into the latter end of June and deliveries pick up they should know more. He said as soon as i get a VIN then they can pretty much tell me exactly when the car will be delivered.