Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, were you able to upload your current insurance and Tesla was okay with it? I haven't uploaded any since it said 'Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy' and I obviously don't have my VIN yet.
I did this too. It won't hold up long term but the system shows you "completed the task". In some states (I live in MD), you cannot even get a price quote without your VIN and Tesla knows this. Just showing you have active insurance at this point seems to be ok.

Reactions: BarbJohn and Crb003
Has anyone gotten any new or useful information from their local SA's since last night? I am curious if there has been any internal company communication on deliveries? So far, no response from my SA's.
After last night's embarrassing performance and unrehearsed and unprepared so-called Model S Delivery Event Presentation, so far my SA, his manager, and the RM all seem to be laying low and haven't returned my emails thus far.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: T-Racer and GregE
The truck cover (I think that is what its called) now lays flat, my 2017 didnt, also the hidden space seems bigger (where a spare tire would go) and there is a side cover for the space on the charging port side, prior to that it was just open.
Someone probably asked this, but based on the earlier photo showing range of 420 without full charge, is range @ 100% SOC 390?

Reactions: Atomadam
Why bother with those folks? Omar and Adam can answer all the important questions, except for delivery

BTW, tried an order for plaid/red/cream/19"/no FSD. Still says June with no particular year.

I figure we won’t have accurate deliver dates for a good month or two from now, when production is more predictable. Even then there seems to be supply chain surprises. Even new orders still say Sep-Oct which seem optimistic for those.

Heck to compare, we also ordered a incoming build for a Ford F-150 about 2 months ago. We still have probably a Jul-Aug wait on that mass produced truck even we were just told (total lying 4-5 months). All trims Lariat and above are pre-reserved before arriving at a dealer these days.

All weather mats fit.

Attachments

• 49068F60-1623-4104-86F3-54BBE9249F25.jpeg
    49068F60-1623-4104-86F3-54BBE9249F25.jpeg
    547.9 KB · Views: 99
The truck cover (I think that is what its called) now lays flat, my 2017 didnt, also the hidden space seems bigger (where a spare tire would go) and there is a side cover for the space on the charging port side, prior to that it was just open.
Is there still that 2-3" difference between the folded over back seats and the trunk space that basically creates a ledge in older MS's? It looks like it lies much flatter now, basically flush now... (my dogs will very much appreciate a more even surface to lie on ;-) Thank you so much for answering all our questions!

After last night's embarrassing performance and unrehearsed and unprepared so-called Model S Delivery Event Presnetation, so far my SA, his manager, and the RM all seem to be laying low and haven't returned my emails thus far.
Dude... Honestly.... Your negativity is toxic. Christ your are so unhappy and likely impossible to please. It's ok to complain.. Whine... Whatever... But holy hell you just want to insult at every turn. I can't imagine how you're still buying a car from a company you trash and dare i say, passionately hate?

XM is an add on unit, it won't show up as an option until the XM receiver is installed, that's how it was on my 2020.

Wasn’t this only for MCU upgrades? Since when was SXM an independent upgrade on new cars?? My brother’s 2018 S had it included and it was a spec on every S before and since. What do you mean when you say you had to add it to your 2020?? That makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: reddy