Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been able to modify my order for a week or more. The Tesla site doesn't have a link for it. Is that a bad sign or a good sign? Maybe my car is in pre-production and no changes are allowed now. I still have a generic July date and no VIN. I also can't find a way to add a trade-in. There was a link a week or so ago, but now there isn't.
I tried to "back into" the design page by looking at my browser history and finding an old session, but that didn't work...

Just redirected to...

Boo.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
FWIW… I just spoke to someone in Fremont because I’m in a sticky situation where if I don’t apply for a loan today I won’t be able to apply again for 1 to 2 months and I wanted to make sure I was covered if there was a potential for my LR order to be delivered in the next 4 to 6 weeks. I was told nobody is getting an LR right now and they are not even in production and they are not aware when they will be in production and "it’s impossible for someone to have a VIN currently for a LR…". I let her know someone on this thread has one and she said it’s just not true. Take that’s for what it’s worth

Oh gosh. No offense, but if you can't at least put down $20k or whatever like that, I would think your accountant would advise you to buy a less expensive car dude. That IS a mortgage payment dude. Why bother at that monthly payment, even for just 3 years? Or maybe do a 5-year loan and pay an extra $200+ each month to pay it down quicker?
No, no, no! This is very bad advice.

Stop listening to Dave "Formerly Bankrupt" Ramsey; he's for ENTERTAINMENT VALUE ONLY.

When money is on "Sale!" one should BORROW the money to buy the car, and leave the rest going into TSLA shares. Doing this has made all nine (so far) of the Model S's we've owned effectively free, many times over, but then we've been buying both TSLA and the cars since 2013 so you'll have to wait a while to see similar returns, but they're coming . . . . TSLA is at about a 33% discount from all time high.

Think about these choices people, THINK!

Thanks for all that you do Omar. I see what was in the manual 50.7 but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo as the previous Model S was nearly 4 inches wider for the hiproom. I wanted to understand why the large difference.
Re: sound levels....Just for dB comparison. I've got a 2015 P90D with fairly new Michelin tires. On an asphalt highway at 70 MPH using an iPhone with the Decibel X app I show 82-86 dB. At 30 MPH I show 76-80 dB

I just noticed updates to the Tesla Gallery. (https://www.tesla.com/tesla-gallery)A couple of things stand out:
  • Plaid rotors no longer show as red.
  • The battery pack on the LR and Plaid look identical.
Did you grab a screen shot. I get the 404 page not found. Maybe they didn’t want that to load and you got lucky

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Me in the morning

Then, me for the rest of the day

final_60ca32fcb91cde00620c938a_92350.gif

No, no, no! This is very bad advice.

Stop listening to Dave "Formerly Bankrupt" Ramsey; he's for ENTERTAINMENT VALUE ONLY.

When money is on "Sale!" one should BORROW the money to buy the car, and leave the rest going into TSLA shares. Doing this has made all nine (so far) of the Model S's we've owned effectively free, many times over, but then we've been buying both TSLA and the cars since 2013 so you'll have to wait a while to see similar returns, but they're coming . . . . TSLA is at about a 33% discount from all time high.

Think about these choices people, THINK!
TSLA has been in the toilet lately (and their challenges are increasing as time goes on) so not sure how it will all play out over the next several QTRs. Again, I am paying cash with a cashier's check on the day of delivery but I had thought about putting down a bunch of cash and taking a $50-$100k loan but I would rather buy the car outright and have zero debt and zero owed when I trade the vehicle in about 2-3 years (as I drive approx 18k-20k per year)...getting the most I can on a trade-in for the next one. But that's me; everyone is different in a different position. Other than my home mortgage, I have zero debt AND I invest plenty in the market and my corporate Roth 401k so again, that's me...the way I do it isn't for everyone and choices are good! ;)

Reactions: emailforbrett
I get it. As this will be my first ev and Tesla, I would be driving and trying out all features until I was completely Comfortable with the car, then I would post for q&a.
I would probably do that in a different thread as this thread supposedly for delivery updates. Don’t want to discuss which way I like to park my car here
This just shows how special @omarsultan really is. A multitasker expert. Driving his new Plaid, answering our questions and squeezing in some actual work.

TSLA has been in the toilet lately (and their challenges are increasing as time goes on) so not sure how it will all play out over the next several QTRs. Again, I am paying cash with a cashier's check on the day of delivery but I had thought about putting down a bunch of cash and taking a $50-$100k loan but I would rather buy the car outright and have zero debt and zero owed when I trade the vehicle in about 2-3 years (as I drive approx 18k-20k per year)...getting the most I can on a trade-in for the next one. But that's me; everyone is different in a different position. Other than my home mortgage, I have zero debt AND I invest plenty in the market and my corporate Roth 401k so again, that's me...the way I do it isn't for everyone and choices are good! ;)

By financing, you keep the cash on hand and accessible. It doesn't change the zero owed equation, it just delays payment.

Also, don't dump it in TSLA. Just dump it in VOO.

FWIW… I just spoke to someone in Fremont because I’m in a sticky situation where if I don’t apply for a loan today I won’t be able to apply again for 1 to 2 months and I wanted to make sure I was covered if there was a potential for my LR order to be delivered in the next 4 to 6 weeks. I was told nobody is getting an LR right now and they are not even in production and they are not aware when they will be in production and "it’s impossible for someone to have a VIN currently for a LR…". I let her know someone on this thread has one and she said it’s just not true. Take that’s for what it’s worth
Someone from Tesla made a comment about production and when to expect cars? I’ll take it for what it’s worth. Nothing. I mean if even Elon Musk’s statements on the subject have been proven gibberish, there’s no point asking the question let alone believing the answer.