Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you guys asked about charities, here are 3 suggestions:
  1. Wounded Warrior Project
  2. Operation Freedom Paws
  3. Just donate to your local shelter or German Shepherd Rescue
  4. Pick something that calls to you
That being said, please don't feel obligated to do anything--as I've said, I'm just happy to give back to our community.
you're pretty special here sir. Thanks for the support you've provided all of us.

Just got my VIN number! I’m in the Midwest. Details to follow.
Congrats!!! Plaid or LR?
When you get a chance (and if you don't mind) can you add/update it on the tracking sheet so we could get a better overall look for the rest of us?

We've always just done ACH transfers after inspecting the car. The section should show up on the website for the new vehicle around the time you are scheduled to take delivery. You just enter your routing number, account number and the amount. You can even pay from multiple accounts.
any idea if there is a max that you can ACH from the website?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is why I am kinda questioning myself picking the all white interior because the perforations don't look great on white seats in my opinion. But as we know any change in configuration will result in 10k price change lol
I personally think the perforations look fantastic on the white seats, however, I don't care too much for the contrast seat piping.

I am at the car wash, hopefully getting my ICE wash for the last time! Meanwhile, I have a third-party lender with a bank. For anyone who has gotten notification for final payment, do you have any idea how to arrange payment? I think I indicated cash when I filled out the order initially. Will get on a computer to see if I can figure it out, but off the top of my head, not sure how to arrange for payment.
Cashier's check, personal check (at least that option was offered to me), or wire transfer through Plaid. If you don't want to give your financial info to Plaid, click through the Plaid screens and then manually initiate a wire transfer from your bank (wire transfer instructions are on the last page of the MVPA as are instructions to to FedEx the check). I did the manual wire transfer.

I personally think the perforations look fantastic on the white seats, however, I don't care too much for the contrast seat piping.
Agreed somewhat. Perforations can be looked over but the black piping does not look seamless and actually looks tacky to me. Really debating to switch to black interior or not. Black also guarantees early delivery. Decisions decisions!

any idea if there is a max that you can ACH from the website?
Not that I can recall. I know we've used ACH for the minimum on some vehicles (~$7000) up to over $60k on another vehicle. We did pay cash for at least one vehicle and used ACH for the entire amount. These ACH transfers were from June 2016 through June of 2020. We'll probably use ACH again if it is still offered for our open Model S order.

@omarsultan you had a previous S right? If so, how have you been liking the phone key option?
It is not bad. The car does not respond as quite quickly as with the fob, but it does respond 100% of the time. I am also running the iOS 15 beta on my phone, so the might not be helping.

My plaid msm, cream, cf, 21 in, FSD, just changed delivery date from June 21-30 (after weeks) to June 22-30. Not sure if that’s a good sign or they’re just messing with my head. I have another order with wood interior with. June delivery. Both were ordered before the price increase. I’ll take the first that shows up and cancel the other.
Just after sending this message I received my VIN on the Plaid with the wood interior. I cancelled the CF version. My delivery date is tomorrow-21st. Needless to say I am beyond excited. Waiting for wire instructions.

Agreed somewhat. Perforations can be looked over but the black piping does not look seamless and actually looks tacky to me. Really debating to switch to black interior or not. Black also guarantees early delivery. Decisions decisions!
But the white interior looks amazing though haha, my LR order has black and kinda wish I had selected white based on all the awesome pictures from Omar

Is anyone else disappointed that @Atomadam has abandoned us? It’s understandable that he doesn’t want to get out of his Plaid, but is it really too much to ask for a few pictures of his black interior. I think I remember a single shot of a folded back seat. We want more!

This just shows us how dedicated to the cause @omarsultan really is and it is amazing the amount of time and energy he is putting in to answer all of our questions. Cheers to @omarsultan 🍾🍻

@Atomadam - when the excitement dies down, we would love to see you back here!

Is anyone else disappointed that @Atomadam has abandoned us? It’s understandable that he doesn’t want to get out of his Plaid, but is it really too much to ask for a few pictures of his black interior. I think I remember a single shot of a folded back seat. We want more!

This just shows us how dedicated to the cause @omarsultan really is and it is amazing the amount of time and energy he is putting in to answer all of our questions. Cheers to @omarsultan 🍾🍻

@Atomadam - when the excitement dies down, we would love to see you back here!
I get it. As this will be my first ev and Tesla, I would be driving and trying out all features until I was completely Comfortable with the car, then I would post for q&a.
I would probably do that in a different thread as this thread supposedly for delivery updates. Don’t want to discuss which way I like to park my car here

We've always just done ACH transfers after inspecting the car. The section should show up on the website for the new vehicle around the time you are scheduled to take delivery. You just enter your routing number, account number and the amount. You can even pay from multiple accounts.
So what happens in this process? It says on the website that you pay for the car, and then go pick it up. Confirming that is not 100% neccesary and you can go to the delivery center, inspect your vehicle fully, and then wire them the money on the spot. First Tesla here... thanks.