Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please talk to me like a third grader and explain the comparison. Being new to the EV world, what am I looking at and how will that effect my life on the road - I will do 30-40k miles per year in the S.

For highway trips you will be able to charge faster, maybe twice as fast as before. 100Kw average looks very doable from the graph.

When cruising at 70 mph, might get up into the 60 mph cross country speed range.

Here is the taper on an SC session 62% to 90%. I was planning to running it down further, but that didn't have time. Ignore the drop-off at the end, data collection bug.

View attachment 674520
Thanks, as discussed in the other thread (Model S Plaid Battery Details, sourced from EPA Docs, Vehicle Observations, & Supercharging/Charging data), it seems like this is well inside the potential charging envelope. I know it's hot, but I assume the battery was not pre-conditioned for 10-15 minutes? Or did you try and the car didn't bother doing it?

Was this on a V3 or a V2 supercharger (if it's 108 degress then V3 might behave a bit better, I suspect)? So many variables with Supercharging, sometimes a lot of sessions are required to get a good idea of what is possible.

I'd expect you could get 150kW at 62% or so, perhaps. Thanks for the datapoints, though.

(This session also has a slightly lower rate at 90% than the previously reported 54kW, but it's pretty close - it might be over 50kW a little.)

Last edited:
Not canceling my order (wife's!), just pointing out the the Plaid and Tesla in whole will have a year or two more before ALL the big guys get neck deep in the game. They NOW see where the games going and are changing course. I think Tesla is the Premiere EV car company today, but for me the game will be played at a MUCH lower MSRP than the Plaid, S, or X. M3, and MY are where the company will survive or fold. ET's on a drag strip are great for testing technology, but the EV game will be Range and Cost. Just my thoughts.

Youre giving lucid a little too much credit. We have no idea what build quality or attention to details they will have. None. They aren't producing the damn cars yet.

Plus if it is base Lucid vs LR Model S, I'll take the Model S any day. Again - the Lucid looks like my rich great grand daddys car.

Must...Not...Forget...No SuC Network!

Perhaps he's a closet gamer and is used to "driving" from his living room gaming chair? 🤪 But, driving an actual 4,800 lb. 1,020 HP/TQ vehicle on the streets is quite different than playing a video game.

If anyone here is truly disappointed with the Yoke, and are near the West coast, PM me. Could trade my MS round wheel plus cash...