Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back to delivery....would we need a new Frunk Matt? It looks smaller...
Nice signature... Franz is the man! ;)

1624154014332.png

BTW - here's all of the other Teslas Motortrend has tested and, as you can see, all of them except the Plaid could hit their numbers (without special glue or rocket boosters or removing the passenger seats):

These are the same arguments the fanboys give when independent tests (all of them) show that in real world use, Teslas don't hit their range numbers either (and of course, theres always a special circumstance).

Last edited:
I think Brooks might disagree with you on the "zero Plaid customers will ever replicate". Knowing him, he is probably going to have his Plaid delivered at PBIR. It almost seems like he lives there.

Him and "Tesla plaid Chanel" im waiting on to get theirs and im sure they will probably hit those numbers. But im sure people will complain the track prep was too good and say it won't count.

The Dodge Demon got headlines for this stuff, but damn near nobody could hit the advertised numbers because it was extremely difficult to get enough traction, ever. So I guess "what counts" is very very subjective.

"The Demon is no car for amateurs; reaching the 2.3 second 0-60 mph and 9.65s ET requires ideal weather and track conditions but also a skilled set of hands and feet behind the wheel."

Even the people who did hit it often had to deal with a rear differential that was destroyed during some dragstrip runs.

Last edited:
I, for one, eagerly await the first time I'm kicked off of a drag strip for having too fast a car.
Just picked up my plaid. All I can is that it is an out of body experience. I am just figuring things out but it does everything well. Acceleration was a bit intense but fun as hell. The cornering and suspension better than expected. I actually am getting used to the yolk . I figured out what works best at slow speed turns. One pushes up one side of the yolk while pulling down with the other. Sounds complicated but it actually comes natural after a while. Overall I have no complaints other than it is scary fast. I speak from experience since my other cars are a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante along with an Bmw M5. The fit and finish is equivalent to any of my former Porsches or my Lamborghini. I’ll have more later.

Attachments

• E5CAFD49-3294-40FC-94FD-1CD0DACCBA40.jpeg
    E5CAFD49-3294-40FC-94FD-1CD0DACCBA40.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 790DFD2C-ECEE-4B22-BE7C-4F4867A2497E.jpeg
    790DFD2C-ECEE-4B22-BE7C-4F4867A2497E.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 90FFEF5F-D588-445E-AD1F-13649C8F80C0.jpeg
    90FFEF5F-D588-445E-AD1F-13649C8F80C0.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 74
  • 1E045A24-069C-4A29-ADE7-9F60F4B7797C.jpeg
    1E045A24-069C-4A29-ADE7-9F60F4B7797C.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 78
Just picked up my plaid. All I can is that it is an out of body experience. I am just figuring things out but it does everything well. Acceleration was a bit intense but fun as hell. The cornering and suspension better than expected. I actually am getting used to the yolk . I figured out what works best at slow speed turns. One pushes up one side of the yolk while pulling down with the other. Sounds complicated but it actually comes natural after a while. Overall I have no complaints other than it is scary fast. I speak from experience since my other cars are a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante along with an Bmw M5. The fit and finish is equivalent to any of my former Porsches or my Lamborghini. I’ll have more later.
CONGRATS!!

(I think this is the first confirmed new delivery?)

Great to see the cream interior!

We thought you were kidnapped at the delivery center....

BTW - here's all of the other Teslas Motortrend has tested and, as you can see, all of them except the Plaid could hit their numbers (without special glue or rocket boosters or removing the passenger seats):

Their slower numbers. Feel like you are trying to feed us that they are somehow faster than the Plaid

• Disagree
Reactions: Tigers
Your likely correct here but the one flaw I see is that MT claims Tesla insisted on the prep'd drag strip to achieve the number which seems to indicate that it is needed to achieve the number.
It doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t achieve that number without it. It just means the car won’t achieve the advertised performance figure consistently without a perfect surface. Or, they were simply unwilling to take the chance that it might not meet spec. They were obviously trying to control the variables so that it would exceed the advertised spec. If the spec you are advertising is that difficult to achieve in real world testing, maybe you should be a little more conservative in your advertised performance figures.

Congratulations! I’m super jealous. After having my appointment canceled for yesterday, they said maybe tomorrow and they called today and said it’s not going to happen.