Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 4CD9BD8A-9C0B-4E21-BF0D-70966A27F820.jpeg
    4CD9BD8A-9C0B-4E21-BF0D-70966A27F820.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
I have purchased 5 new Tesla’s in California, and all of them came with the front license plate bracket in the frunk. This was the case even though a front plate is required by CA law. The individual SC is supposed to put them on, but thankfully that has never happened before. With the refreshed Model S, they appear to be installed at the factory. If you look at the drone footage, you can clearly see that these cars have the front plate bracket before they are shipped from Fremont. If you want it removed, you will need to remove it after delivery. Fortunately, the screws are underneath and will leave no visible holes.
View attachment 676031
Are those cars white or just the white shipping wrapper?
I have a Lamborghini that I thought was fast until I took delivery of
The plaid is looking handsome đź‘Ś

I wonder if the local SC where you take delivery (in a state like FL that doesn't have front license plates) will take it off for you if you ask? I know pretty much every other auto dealer will do this for you if you ask, but Tesla does whatever they want no matter what's accepted as standard practice in the auto industry, so... ?
Spoke with the SA. It comes with it on. They will not remove it. They gave me a body shop that will remove it for a cost. Youtube has many videos on how to remove it yourself. the final plate is held on with adhesive. You heat it with a hairdryer and pull hard until it comes off. No marks after it comes off.

Okay - I am potentially tapping out of this thread. SA called and said there's a car en-route that the current tagged person has backed out of, so he's going to try and get it matched to my account. It's an MSM Plaid with Black interior while I wanted a Blue with either white or black interior. I am checking the box for 'compromised win' here since the wife is a die-hard fan of MSM and likes the black over white interior. I will keep this thread posted if/when I take delivery. At the end of the day, I just want the damn car and move on with my life haha.

SA also said he's not seen any LRs come through so far, and only one silver 19". He said he estimates about ~20-25 have been delivered in the greater Seattle metro area so far.

Anyone in LOS ANGELES / BURBANK / SANTA MONICA with a confirmed VIN and Delivery date?
I have two pending orders to Burbank. Both MS Plaid MSM 21' Black Interior. One has Wood and one CF trim. CF still Blank and Wood says June.
I recieved a VIN
Is it normal for delivery to come to your house? As of now it says it is coming to my house Wed morning, but I thought they deliver to the local branch?
same here. I actually wouldn’t mind a trip to the delivery center. Just texted my SA…

I'm thinking of changing my car config to add the arachnids. I have been blank for over a month, so I don't see how it can affect a delivery date that doesn't exist. I really don't like the hub caps. They were okay as silver, but the grey just looks too much like those base model 3 rims. I'll reach out to my SA for the very first time tomorrow and see how that goes.

Just scheduled my delivery for Thursday morning! Step number one will be to remove the plate frame. Picked up one of these because MA requires front plates. They say it looks like it’ll fit the refreshed MS, and they’ll take it back if not.

Just scheduled my delivery for Thursday morning! Step number one will be to remove the plate frame. Picked up one of these because MA requires front plates. They say it looks like it’ll fit the refreshed MS, and they’ll take it back if not.

When I moved here from Arizona, I had a car that had never been drilled for a front plate, and I refused to destroy a classic by putting holes in the front bumper. I drove it in Rhode Island and Mass for 5 years without ever being stopped. I plan to remove my front plate holder and drive without it till I get a ticket. When that happens, I'll put the front plate back on to show compliance, and then remove it again.

Reactions: tibook and jleonk
HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY @Dcher you're back! How'd the twisty road drive go?
I was able to push the car much harder than I expected. It explodes out of corners and is a total thrill. Naturally I had the suspension dialed up to max stiffness. This car is not just a straight line speedster that’s for sure. Windows were tinted today. I will be getting the car wrapped next week the a radar detector and laser jammer mounted in the front bumper which consider essential given how deceptive the speed is on this car.