Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it may be gross to use glue, it sure is a hell of a lot better than bolting it on... :)
Yes, this is true and you can definitely see @Dcher was successful in removing the front plate bracket without causing any damage. Unfortunately, not everyone will know to use a heat gun to soften the glue and might end up doing some damage to the paint.

Yes, this is true and you can definitely see @Dcher was successful in removing the front plate bracket without causing any damage. Unfortunately, not everyone will know to use a heat gun to soften the glue and might end up do some damage to the paint.
Well, as bad as that may be, it still is better than having a holey front end.... People might end up having to buy a heat gun just to be safe...

Reactions: DLCT
I would love someone who knows to explain the strategy of applying the protective film on the cars then the go onto the carriers, coz it seems kinda random.
I agree have someone at Tesla confirming that it is a problem. Specially with EOQ push it looks like they are skipping some steps. Usually all Model S are wrapped properly received my car last year front and rear was properly wrapped see attached.

Attachments

• D6468DCA-0358-4618-B5EA-49F685CE9C53.jpeg
    D6468DCA-0358-4618-B5EA-49F685CE9C53.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 90
Yes, this is true and you can definitely see @Dcher was successful in removing the front plate bracket without causing any damage. Unfortunately, not everyone will know to use a heat gun to soften the glue and might end up doing some damage to the paint.
True.. the good news is a decent heat gun is like $20-$25. Or you can simply use a blow dryer.

I wonder if the local SC where you take delivery (in a state like FL that doesn't have front license plates) will take it off for you if you ask? I know pretty much every other auto dealer will do this for you if you ask, but Tesla does whatever they want no matter what's accepted as standard practice in the auto industry, so... ?
Both of my FL delivered Tesla had no front plate holder.

Yep. Just don't try to brute force it, or your clear coat will end up being the weak point.

Plenty of You Tube videos showing how to remove it on the prefresh S but should be same. Looks easy if you are patient. My SC will definitely not remove it prior to delivery. Not required in my state so it will be the first thing I do - even before filling the tank for the first time.