Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delviery of a blue plaid 21" cream wood today. Did not get a vin match on my order. But told my SA if they get any units that can't be matched to let me know. And this one came in.
I just did the same here in San Diego and an SA (not mine) told me he matched someone with a blue Plaid this morning! Must’ve been yours! Congrats!

Lol so if the MT driver was 250lb, then it’s possible a 150lb driver could have gotten a 1.99 vs. 2.07 🤣😂

And don’t forget about the Carwow guy who reminds us that the Remac is faster lol.
The Remac is impressive but it’s $2.5M, only 150 will be produced, and they’ve all been sold. Idk if 150 units is considered a true production car 🤷‍♂️. It is a sweet car though.

skeleton_vin.jpg

When I refused the offer to switch to the dark wood trim from carbon fiber for a quicker delivery, I think put myself at the back of the line forever. Plaid ordered on 1/28, very blank and carbon fiber is now the most endangered substance on Earth.

View attachment 676284
When I refused the offer to switch to the dark wood trim from carbon fiber for a quicker delivery, I think put myself at the back of the line forever. Plaid ordered on 1/28, very blank and carbon fiber is now the most endangered substance on Earth.
Don't worry. At least, I bet you'll get earlier than me.

Reactions: TNGuy99
View attachment 676284
When I refused the offer to switch to the dark wood trim from Carbon Fiber for a quicker delivery, I think put myself at the back of the line forever. Plaid ordered on 1/28, very blank and carbon fiber is now the most endangered substance on Earth.
I think the white seats are on the endangered species list.. . I saw a few Plaid black/carbon fiber interiors at local SC's.

Good news!

Cliff notes:

1. I was told Monday am that my car was ready via email. I picked it up in the evening.
  2. Some here are complaining about the wait and inconsistencies with messaging on when your call will be available. I get it. However, its worth the wait.
  3. This thing is a BEAST. They have made so many improvements with the interior and I love the yoke steering wheel. It does take a few minutes to get use to though.
Long version:

1. Last Sunday, I visited one of the showrooms to ask where my orders are at (spoke to a new SA). My first order was MS Plaid white, FSD, 21 inch rims, black interior and CF – order Jan 27th. My second order was similar. The only difference was that I ordered MSM and wood interior on May 29th. I was told that I would have a firm date on the white car by the end of this week. I was also told that the grey vehicle would not be ready until at least August and at that time I should receive a date of completion.
  2. Monday am, I receive an email that the MSM is available today.
  3. As you can tell, the SA’s do not have immediate access to build info. I loved working with my SA and its not their fault. Fremont is starting to pump these cars out and we should see a lot more in July.
  4. I am completely blown away by this car. It is absolutely worth the wait. The interior fit and feel – they have made a ton of progress. The sound system is unbelievable. The UI is much better. Tesla has made a huge improvement in the fit and finish of the vehicle.
  5. I’ve driven and owned some fast, powerful vehicles. The plaid blows them out of the water hands down not only in performance, but comfort, fit and feel.

Enjoy the pics. Best wishes to all of you on getting your cars soon. You will not be disappointed!
Great to read this very positive feedback especially regarding the quality of the fit and finish. I sure hope this is the new "normal' for all Tesla's and especially the Model S!

Can you take a picture of each of the doors from the interior showing the section where it meets the the b pillars (front doors) and C pillar (rear doors). Reason why I'm curious is because there is another thread here showing how misaligned the interior trim is to the pillars. See thread below with sample pictures

Last edited:
Not that you can trust the website, BUT it is still advertising "Touchless Delivery." Presumably that means if you complete all of the paperwork and handle financing, they can drop the car off for in your driveway and it will be waiting for you when you get back.
Here in San Diego, home delivery has never been available for me, so it defaults to Carlsbad delivery center. Were you able to pick home delivery as an option?

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
RN11515 Plaid - White Interior and Exterior with Walnut Wood, 21 in wheels - have consistently had estimated June delivery date - losing hope its real but we will see with others seeming to get deliveries. Hope is proximity to Freemont Factory is in my favor
Same here. White/White but 19" wheels. Have had June for two days now. Can't believe any of it lol Unless you had MSM, Black or Blue with Black interior and 21" wheels (which you do) I would not expect delivery this month at least. My SA told me to expect delivery in late July to early August. I am certain they have no clue of what the hell is going on either 😂