Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks who have taken delivery or scheduled to take delivery, how many days in advance of your delivery window did you get a VIN? My estimate has been June 22-28 since this morning but still no friggin VIN?
Sadly these dates don't mean Jack. I had 29-30 for a couple of days, went blank and am now on June for two days, yet no VIN.

Here's hoping I get worked in. I would really prefer not to have to redo financing and I've only got a few more weeks.
Hoping the same. Don't want my loan to expire too. Thinking about asking my advisor to match me with Plaid with 21 inch wheels and then replacing them with 19" which is my original choice later on 😭
Would rather avoid the headache but am getting more and more antsy as I see more people getting VINs assigned, I'm trying to stay hopeful.

Like so many others in this thread, all my countless account page refreshes delivered was a sweaty hand and a furrowed brow. ‘Twas a good effort, but not enough. In the morrow, with the return of the sun, we shall lay siege upon the account page once more. Though hope has dwindled at times, it has not died. #EoQFever

Welcome to the “priority queue”. It’s not any faster here.
My SA told me last week that besides Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi…. I am the most important Tesla customer in the state of New Jersey. I than said… well what about tony soprano? And he said yea he will probably get his before you too because he is a VIP. I didn’t have the heart to let him know he is dead on the show and in real life

Any ideas on All Season options for the 21” wheels? Just don’t see any good options out there which sucks because I’m not about to do the whole winter/summer swap. Will most likely need to move to 20” for the Plaid to get appropriate All Seasons.

I wonder what kind of market there will be, for reselling the new 21” Arachnids.
I assume 19” wheels should clear the calipers. The advantage of 19’s is that the taller sidewalI gives extra impact protection. Hard to tell how deep a pothole is when it’s full of snow/water. I have the new Michelin X-Ice Snows on 19’s, worked amazingly well last winter. I would say better than Blizzak’s or even Nokian’s I have had before.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Too close to Tesla's home too - Boryana Straubel - ex-Tesla employee and wife of JB Straubel was killed in Nevada on the weekend.
So sad to hear this news about JB's spouse... as a fellow cyclist, may she rest in peace.

We should take a moment to consider what is important in life... not the delivery queue.

On June 19, 2021, Straubel's wife Boryana Straubel was killed while riding a bicycle when a car hit her head-on in Washoe County, Nevada.

1624416965676.png

Last edited: