Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem I have (apart from value) is weight. Tesla's wheels are way on the safe side at the penalty of about 10lbs a corner :0
I know this has been discussed before but not sure if there was a consensus on it…perhaps you know for sure…are the 21” arachnid wheels for the refresh MS lightweight forged wheels?

One of my previous vehicles (I refuse to say which one since I’ll get some TMC members telling me to ‘drink’ lol 😜) had lightweight black 20” forged Rays wheels that came as std oem from the factory for the Black Ed. They were quite the bomb! 😎

Well if my daughter gets knocked up you can call me pop-pop you young whipper-snapper. 😀

and in case you never heard that term:
nounINFORMAL
noun: whipper-snapper

1. a young and inexperienced person considered to be presumptuous or overconfident."I know her better than you do, you young whippersnapper!"
So there. Is there a place to put my cane in the refreshed S?
Sounds like you are a whipper-snapper if your daughter is that young. It’s my grand-daughter that I’m worried about. Actually she’s been educated with the “facts of life” by my son, so I’m not too worried. I’m more worried about her taking my Plaid for a joy ride. Whenever I finally get delivery.

I know this has been discussed before but not sure if there was a consensus on it…perhaps you know for sure…are the 21” arachnid wheels for the refresh MS lightweight forged wheels?

One of my previous vehicles (I refuse to say which one since I’ll get some TMC members telling me to ‘drink’ lol 😜) had lightweight black 20” forged Rays wheels that came as std oem from the factory for the Black Ed. They were quite the bomb! 😎
Unfortunately they are not according to some inside sources.

Sounds like you’re describing the left coast. MSM, Cream/CF, Plaid— still showing July.
Could be that the left coast has not suffered from global warming either, but my point is that there's less UNpleasantness here in New England now than when I first moved here (from L.A.) in '76. The left coast has always had better weather all-around, but the gap seems to be narrowing a tad. To me it's ideal here, I'd never even seen snow falling until I moved here; I love the change of seasons. And I actually love the winter, although it gets a lot more expensive to play tennis :D

Any ideas on All Season options for the 21” wheels? Just don’t see any good options out there which sucks because I’m not about to do the whole winter/summer swap. Will most likely need to move to 20” for the Plaid to get appropriate All Seasons.

I wonder what kind of market there will be, for reselling the new 21” Arachnids.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Any ideas on All Season options for the 21” wheels? Just don’t see any good options out there which sucks because I’m not about to do the whole winter/summer swap. Will most likely need to move to 20” for the Plaid to get appropriate All Seasons.

I wonder what kind of market there will be, for reselling the new 21” Arachnids.
Why don’t you get 20 inch winter setup?

Why did you order arachnids if you felt this way?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid