Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are MS Plaids here now at local S FL SC’s but perhaps they’re for non-TMC members so we wouldn’t know if those customers have their VINs and/or if any have taken delivery yet. I do know that our RM has me on their “priority build” list but that doesn’t mean much since it appears white cars with white/cf interior are not being built in Fremont until July for earliest Aug deliveries.

I urged the RM to see if they can get some cars with my color combo/configuration built because it’s obvious that they do indeed have white seats and carbon fiber interior trim which have been seen in delivered vehicles with other exterior paint colors. I’m sorry but the way Tesla builds cars and delivers them is so F’d up!!! 🤬
Which SC have the cars? I want to go look at a few.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I tried vroom due the fact it was suggested here a few days ago. Surprisingly my Tesla trade-in is 5k higher. That is for a 2020 MYP with about 10k miles on it. Vroom offered 50k, Tesla 55k. Tesla started at 49k in March and it has been going up every month so far.
Carvana gave me $61k valuation, Vroom came in at $65k, and Tesla quoted $53k as the trade-in value for my 2019 MS. I decided to list it online on Auto Trader. Sold it for $72k within 1 day of listing. Now just waiting for my new one with expected dates changing between October and blank.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 9.53.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 9.53.23 AM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 50
Anyone that has a plaid/lr already in-hand. maybe this was asked, but if you have a coffee in one hand, and are steering with the other, let's say steering with Left Hand, and you realize you have to make a quick maneuver, like a sharp left or right turn, and you cannot put the coffee down, is it impossible to do? I just had to do that with my normal steering wheel and it was a breeze, but not sure how that would fair with the yoke steering.

sometimes you're on a road without lights so you're never going to have an opp to stop to take a sip...
I mostly drive one-handed and doing a 90-deg (or 180-deg rotation in a pinch) one-handed is not an issue. The thing that is always left out of these scenarios is how fast you are going. Someone asked me if you can make a u-turn at 30 mph--my response was that if you are trying to make a u-turn going 30 mph, you are gonna have bigger issues.

Being in the customer service business at least some of the time, I will tell you that it's much easier for me to put in the effort for a customer that's polite (even if insistent, and especially if it's a real problem on my end) than one that is rude.
This 100% -- everyone should work retail or in the service industry for a bit--good life lessons to be had.

Last edited:
Just heard from SA. All 8-9 model s’s at Devon pa SC are allocated to orders already. Must be people outside of TMC lol. He said no update on my order, it’s just a waiting game now…….I’m like when hasn’t it been, wtf man.

whatever……hate this back and forth and all around again BS. If my order said august when it was first placed and just stayed there, then fine, no sweat. But when it jumps all over the place, then they call to change interior for a faster delivery, then it’s like still a BS waiting game, that’s just frustrating. Especially when you have people that ordered cars late 2020 or early 2021 that still don’t have cars, but some people that just ordered yesterday are getting deliveries, just doesn’t make sense. Just sent email back to SA saying this….see what he says.

Okay, done venting. Back to refreshing my page and playing the “waiting game.”

Wow that’s awesome! I contacted my SA to upgrade to the Arachnids and he said I couldn’t avoid the $10,000 increase. Did you contact your SA or someone higher up?
This person is in Fremont and was the guy who originally reached out to me in early June to encourage me to go from Plaid+ to Plaid. I have never spoken to my actual SA.

This person is in Fremont and was the guy who originally reached out to me in early June to encourage me to go from Plaid+ to Plaid. I have never spoken to my actual SA.
My contact that tried to convert me to plaid from plaid+ (not realizing I already had a plaid) order is the one that was able to get me switched from CF to ebony wood without a price increase as well. Those folks seem to be the ones able to make these changes.

Just heard from SA. All 8-9 model s’s at Devon pa SC are allocated to orders already. Must be people outside of TMC lol. He said no update on my order, it’s just a waiting game now…….I’m like when hasn’t it been, wtf man.

whatever……hate this back and forth and all around again BS. If my order said august when it was first placed and just stayed there, then fine, no sweat. But when it jumps all over the place, then they call to change interior for a faster delivery, then it’s like still a BS waiting game, that’s just frustrating. Especially when you have people that ordered cars late 2020 or early 2021 that still don’t have cars, but some people that just ordered yesterday are getting deliveries, just doesn’t make sense. Just sent email back to SA saying this….see what he says.

Okay, done venting. Back to refreshing my page and playing the “waiting game.”
What if this whole mess of changing dates is because their system assumes they can produce 600 cars per day and just keeps updating everyone with terrible predictions based on their old production rate?

My contact that tried to convert me to plaid from plaid+ (not realizing I already had a plaid) order is the one that was able to get me switched from CF to ebony wood without a price increase as well. Those folks seem to be the ones able to make these changes.
Yeah. I looked my contact up on linkedin and they are part of some kind of owner retention team. They did their job, I was retained as a customer.

So, emerging patterns:
* As we know, colors are batched. Most Reds I have seen are showing July.
* CF deliveries are happening, so it may be a limited supply, but is not totally unavailabl.
* Almost all VINs/Deliveries are orders with 21"s, except the one which seemed to have the older silver style.

Looks like wheels might be the most limiting factor to delivery...