Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you can infer a whole lot about range from this. My goal at the time was to run down the battery so I could do the V3 supercharger test. Amongst other things, the whole drive was at California freeway speeds, if was 100F+ out and there was a 2K ft climb in the middle.
One other thing: my car also still thinks it has 291 miles of range at 75%, which is too high, so I kinda don't trust any range-related info coming out of the car right now. Hopefully, next SW update, it'll get sorted out.

One other thing: my car also still thinks it has 291 miles of range at 75%, which is too high, so I kinda don't trust any range-related info coming out of the car right now. Hopefully, next SW update, it'll get sorted out.
it thinks it has the 19" wheels. is your wheel config right? i say that because .75*390 = 292.5. as my kids say, I'm Big Brain.

Last edited:
Honestly, the controls from the "old" steering wheel scroll wheels is something I am going to miss initially. Temperature, calls, etc. I have to imagine it is coming eventually. But then again, maybe not. The reformatted UI and screen should make it "easier".
I agree--I used to have my pano roof tied to the right scroll wheel, but no more roof, so less of a concern. :)
I truly don't think you can judge the car's UI until v11 is out--I think the version of 10.2 on the car was a "we need to ship or Elon will kill us" kind of thing--it feels unfinished.

Yeah it looks like all the Plaid delivered have their constants set to what it would be with 19" wheels (so 390 miles of range at 100%).

FWIW I was able to change paint color today without loosing the discounted $119K pricing. The sales associate said they are allowing a one time change of configuration and asked if there’s anything else I wanted to change before the order is locked. I had previously added FSD as well. Plaid, White, Black/CF interior, 21”. Showing July delivery before and after making paint color adjustment.

I posted earlier that I was the lucky recipient of a Vin this morning. I schedule a pickup of my Model S LR Black/Cream 21” FSD for Monday. At about 5:20pm today I got a call from an SA in Mt. Kisco telling me that he sees my reservation for Monday but its not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday and wanted to ensure that I can take delivery Tuesday or Wednesday for obvious reasons. He did say the truck was coming straight from Fremont to Mt. Kisco so its possible it arrives earlier than expected.

This SA seemed to know what he was talking about. I told him I was super excited to get my hands on the car and a little surprised I am getting it so soon. He said they received a Plaid today that they delivered to their customer and on the truck that my car is on, is a whole bunch of LR’s.

God those silver 19's truly are hideous. (And I have them on order so I'm not putting anyone down.) I can see why Elon declared them dead though. Here's to hoping the grey ones get produced quick.
OK, the silver Tempest’s like on my 2020 MSLR are just plastic wheel covers. I must be missing something, why would the silver ones be delaying deliveries? Just deliver the car with a note you can trade them for the dark grey ones when available. I think they are like $30 each. I’d rather have $80,000 now and eat $120(less at Tesla’s cost) than not have $80,000 and gain a lot of pissed customers. Besides, having $80,000 gets you $4.40 a day in interest , deliver a car a month sooner and your in the green even after eating the silver covers.

OK, the silver Tempest’s like on my 2020 MSLR are just plastic wheel covers. I must be missing something, why would the silver ones be delaying deliveries? Just deliver the car with a note you can trade them for the dark grey ones when available. I think they are like $30 each. I’d rather have $80,000 now and eat $120(less at Tesla’s cost) than not have $80,000 and gain a lot of pissed customers. Besides, having $80,000 gets you $4.40 a day in interest , deliver a car a month sooner and your in the green even after eating the silver covers.
I definitely see where you are coming from if it was as easy as just swapping covers. As has been discussed previously, the wheels underneath the covers also need to be color matched to the gray covers, or you will see the silver edge of the wheel.

Last edited: