Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that any orders that has 19” wheels or carbon fiber, or white interior or red are not being produced. The lack of red might explain why the calipers are now painted black.

I am a two time loser with white interior and !9” wheels. I was thinking of changing my MSM to red but that would just delay my order even later. Too bad Tesla does not communicate with their customers. I am sure that many of us would change their options just to get their beloved car delivered sooner. It would be a win win for Tesla and their customers. Someday someone will get a brilliant idea that customer service is actually a good thing. We can only hope.

Looking really good IMHO. Especially as deliveries aren't quite in full swing yet, and once they are, here come the dragstrip videos! :)

Yes! We are going to start to see more and more videos coming out and I cannot wait. Did Brooks get his car yet? And once the guy from the Plaid channel gets his car that will produce some entertaining videos as well.

Yes! We are going to start to see more and more videos coming out and I cannot wait. Did Brooks get his car yet? And once the guy from the Plaid channel gets his car that will produce some entertaining videos as well.
Unfortunately, neither Brooks (or Tesla Plaid Channel) hasn't gotten his car yet... Hopefully by the end of July, he can take delivery, and his results can start coming in!🤞:)

I posted earlier I did not get a vin, I did not get a call from my SA. My vehicle is most likely not on a truck, nor does my SA know anything at all.

I just ordered a month ago so I’m kinda kidding but the lack of transparency never becomes funny nor acceptable.

Yes it’s just a car but it’s that good that I get bent out of shape about it.
Even if you ordered a month ago it's still way earlier than some people who have already received VINs. It's okay to be upset about it but knowing Tesla it wouldn't change anything. I'm livid to see people having delivery dates after ordering within hours. This is ****ed up on so many levels. **** Tesla for doing this *sugar*. There's no excuse for this crap anymore

So this same YouTuber also uploaded some additional videos. Things to take away are the highly respectable 60-130 time, and the quite good 0-60, considering 2 people in the car, and 66% SOC:

4.7 60-130 is moving.
Got my VIN after switching to 21s earlier today. Preferred the range on the 19s but the 21s look awesome, so whatever.
What color did you go with? What part of AZ are you in?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
OK, the silver Tempest’s like on my 2020 MSLR are just plastic wheel covers. I must be missing something, why would the silver ones be delaying deliveries? Just deliver the car with a note you can trade them for the dark grey ones when available. I think they are like $30 each. I’d rather have $80,000 now and eat $120(less at Tesla’s cost) than not have $80,000 and gain a lot of pissed customers. Besides, having $80,000 gets you $4.40 a day in interest , deliver a car a month sooner and your in the green even after eating the silver covers.

There are a few of possible reasons:
  • The base wheels are actually grey vs. silver as well, so the wheels need changed in addition to the wheel covers.
  • Some people think the, old, silver wheels are 8.5" wide while the new grey ones are 9.5" wide.
    • If this is true that would probably be a dead stop, as the crash tests are probably done with the 9.5" wheels, so they can't deliver them with the old wheels that haven't been crash tested.
  • The wheels and/or tires may be reject/damaged items that they are just using to be able to move the vehicles around while they wait for the proper wheels/tires to arrive.

I don’t know how other people think, but I would
Be happy to to take
Delivery tomorrow regardless if it got dirty before I picked it up. I am sure the SC
People know how to shine up a dirty car. Once you get your car, you will drive it and park it. It will get dirty again and I will take it over to my local shop and get it cleaned. I do that twice
A week with black cars whether it needs it or not. After owning many black cars I have found that if you have people( or do it yourself) that hand wash your car Regularly, it keeps it looking like new

I don’t know how other people think, but I would
Be happy to to take
Delivery tomorrow regardless if it got dirty before I picked it up. I am sure the SC
People know how to shine up a dirty car. Once you get your car, you will drive it and park it. It will get dirty again and I will take it over to my local shop and get it cleaned. I do that twice
A week with black cars whether it needs it or not. After owning many black cars I have found that if you have people that hand wash your car
Regularly, it looks good for a very long time.
Yeah, but it's unacceptable to be taking delivery of cars that cost this much and are delivered caked with dirt. Don't think this kind of sentiment will make Tesla be more accountable and will make things worst for customers.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
There are a few of possible reasons:
  • The base wheels are actually grey vs. silver as well, so the wheels need changed in addition to the wheel covers.
  • Some people think the, old, silver wheels are 8.5" wide while the new grey ones are 9.5" wide.
    • If this is true that would probably be a dead stop, as the crash tests are probably done with the 9.5" wheels, so they can't deliver them with the old wheels that haven't been crash tested.
  • The wheels and/or tires may be reject/damaged items that they are just using to be able to move the vehicles around while they wait for the proper wheels/tires to arrive.
Not just think - it is right in the manual for the new vehicle. Tempest is staggered on the new vehicles and wasn't on the previous gen. formerly 8.5" all around and now 9.5" front and 10.5" rear. No non-staggered option listed in the manual for any wheel configuration anymore. (which sucks if you like being able to rotate your tires.)

Yeah, but it's unacceptable to be taking delivery of cars that cost this much and are delivered caked with dirt. Don't think this kind of sentiment will make Tesla be more accountable and will make things worst for customers.
I don’t believe they will or would deliver cars that are dirty