Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 677163

Half the people on this forum remind me of this kid. Relax. Be patient and get wait for your car. If you can't deal with the lack of communication or delays, buy something else.
I think you are right. I just put an order in for the refreshed X. All good now. Phew. Feel better now

I am not saying accept it or quit. I'm saying accept it or find a solution. Whining and complaining is not a solution, you will not get your car faster complaining on a forum. A solution would be to purchase a car from a brand with better communication and delivery time frames to appease you. I'm on this forum to get information about the car, deliveries and see photos.
UNSUBSCRIBE

I am not saying accept it or quit. I'm saying accept it or find a solution. Whining and complaining is not a solution, you will not get your car faster complaining on a forum. A solution would be to purchase a car from a brand with better communication and delivery time frames to appease you. I'm on this forum to get information about the car, deliveries and see photos.
The problem is there is no alternative to this car. They have us over a barrel and they seem to know it.

Right now the loudest complainer here is complaining about complaints, the rest of us are having fun...

Exactly. You just proved my point. If you tell a KID, he will be upset. As an adult we are able to reason and find solutions. Either wait and be patient or get another car. It's very simple.
If it bothers you so much then why are you here. Go find another forum. People here are excited about getting their new car and rightfully disappointed when we can’t get meaningful communication from Tesla.

Oh, one other thing the lady on the phone told me, "Unfortunately we don't know much until a VIN is assigned". How they leave their own people so in the dark is baffling to me.
The longer you wait, the more baffling it becomes. I know. I ordered in December. Going to need a lot of therapy

View attachment 677163

Half the people on this forum remind me of this kid. Relax. Be patient and get wait for your car. If you can't deal with the lack of communication or delays, buy something else.
You are fairly new to this forum so we welcome you. If you are talking about people who have recently ordered say April or May then you deserve a thumbs up. But there are many people on this forum that have been waiting 6 plus months, some approaching a year. They have every right to to be upset. No communication from Tesla. Elon saying cars will be delivered February - March. Your estimated delivery says March then April then March and then blank. Only to find out that they are not producing any cars.

If you look at other people's profile we put information in our signature e.g. when you ordered, options chosen, current estimated delivery date. That way we know if you have been patient for two weeks or 8 months. We are a support group for each other. We complain, make each other laugh so we can bide our time while we wait. We are all waiting some more patient than others. Some days are better than others. But until you have waited for 6+ months for you vehicle I wouldn't judge other people. And before you start in with me, look at my post. Most are positive but Tesla has a big customer service problem to go along with no communication with their customers. If you don't agree you will be in the minority on this forum.

Welcome again. Please get to know the people on this forum before lecturing us.

Ugh I think my license plate holder is bolted on. Anyone with a video on the new plaid plate removal? All the others are old and have bolts on the bottom. I tried the hair drier for 10 minutes and it seems fixed.

Attachments

• 0CAD07C0-79B9-405E-94AF-BA8C28480523.jpeg
    0CAD07C0-79B9-405E-94AF-BA8C28480523.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 87
The problem is there is no alternative to this car. They have us over a barrel and they seem to know it.

Right now the loudest complainer here is complaining about complaints, the rest of us are having fun...
No alternative? Really? Never heard of Lucid or Porsche? Just need to pony up a few more benjamins.

If it bothers you so much then why are you here. Go find another forum. People here are excited about getting their new car and rightfully disappointed when we can’t get meaningful communication from Tesla.

Like I said, I am here for information about the car, deliveries, pictures, and reviews. A lot of this thread provides that information. The other half is just useless complaining. When I purchased my Porsche GT3 and GT4, I waited over a year for each of them. During that time, I found so much information on the Porsche forums, I was hoping I'd find the same here. But you guys do you and keep complaining, I'm sure if you complain more your car will come quicker. I'll scroll through the posts and find the useful information.

Whining and complaining is not a solution, you will not get your car faster complaining on a forum. A solution would be to purchase a car from a brand with better communication and delivery time frames to appease you. I'm on this forum to get information about the car, deliveries and see photos.
Ironically, this thread is far, far more positive than most all of the others on TMC. It's a pretty negative place overall tbh, lol. That said, this thread (as others have mentioned) is not only the best place on the internet to gather information about deliveries of the Plaid and LR, at the same time it's a friendly support network for people who have been through a roller-coaster of first-world-problem emotions hahaha

No alternative? Really? Never heard of Lucid or Porsche? Just need to pony up a few more benjamins.
Lucid? Don’t alternatives have to actually produce cars? As for Porsche, half the range and slower at the same price point, at double the price point closer on acceleration but still a fraction of the range and no supercharger network. Not really reasonable alternatives.

Like I said, I am here for information about the car, deliveries, pictures, and reviews. A lot of this thread provides that information. The other half is just useless complaining. When I purchased my Porsche GT3 and GT4, I waited over a year for each of them. During that time, I found so much information on the Porsche forums, I was hoping I'd find the same here. But you guys do you and keep complaining, I'm sure if you complain more your car will come quicker. I'll scroll through the posts and find the useful information.
Welcome to the internet. We hope you'll enjoy your stay.