Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing is, people should wait for the email confirmation rather than refreshing the page. Obviously it would be best if Tesla didn’t show a VIN at all until confirmed. But since we all know that is an invalid signal, people are just torturing themselves by refreshing.

Probably would have much less stress if people just ignored the website until an email confirmation arrives.
I wish I could do that 😊

I was actually told numerous times I would be given an allocation. Then the allocations disappeared. Dealerships also tried to make me pay 10k-20k over msrp. Instead of complaining, I looked around for useful information how to get an allocation. I was able to find an allocation for both at msrp. After I gave my build I was told numerous times my car would start being built soon, but they kept getting delayed for months. I eventually got the cars, but I know many people that paid over msrp for their GT4's and GT3's because they didn't want to wait. At least Tesla sells their cars at msrp. I'll take the bad with the good and wait patiently for my Model S. To each their own.

Similar experience with dealerships and the RS6. Waited patiently, multiple delays, dealer ordering then got nerfed into two packages, more delays, a car arrives, and they're asking 50k over MSRP. Walked right out and didn't return any calls.

BTW @Maximus023, WTH is a 'Plaid spy'? Didn't your parents teach you to not judge a book by its cover? 🤣
You're the member Tesla deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll complain non-stop, because you can take it. You're a silent guardian, a watchful reader. A 2021plaid (and LR)!

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 10.46.56 AM.png

Congrats, that's awesome! I see you're in Lousiana, but would you mind if I stopped by to check the car out before you drive back home ? Would love to see one in person. Thanks!
Sure, why not? Tesla is being pretty hard ass about the delivery, so I have little choice but to drive over on Wednesday. That's the plan right now and unlikely to change.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The thing is, people should wait for the email confirmation rather than refreshing the page. Obviously it would be best if Tesla didn’t show a VIN at all until confirmed. But since we all know that is an invalid signal, people are just torturing themselves by refreshing.

Probably would have much less stress if people just ignored the website until an email confirmation arrives.
I have not been referring to the guesstimate times on the website. This is the exact text I received from Tesla on May 28th, with the names redacted, and is what led my frustration here:

Hi [me], This is [person] at Tesla. Reaching out to you about your Tesla Model S Plaid + order. I wanted to see if you were interested in taking delivery sooner of the Model S Plaid edition in the next couple of weeks instead. Let me know if you are interested and want to discuss this further. My direct line is [number]. Best, [person]

I have not been referring to the guesstimate times on the website. This is the exact text I received from Tesla on May 28th, with the names redacted, and is what led my frustration here:

Hi [me], This is [person] at Tesla. Reaching out to you about your Tesla Model S Plaid + order. I wanted to see if you were interested in taking delivery sooner of the Model S Plaid edition in the next couple of weeks instead. Let me know if you are interested and want to discuss this further. My direct line is [number]. Best, [person]
Bummer

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I was actually told numerous times I would be given an allocation. Then the allocations disappeared. Dealerships also tried to make me pay 10k-20k over msrp. Instead of complaining, I looked around for useful information how to get an allocation. I was able to find an allocation for both at msrp. After I gave my build I was told numerous times my car would start being built soon, but they kept getting delayed for months. I eventually got the cars, but I know many people that paid over msrp for their GT4's and GT3's because they didn't want to wait. At least Tesla sells their cars at msrp. I'll take the bad with the good and wait patiently for my Model S. To each their own.

Good man. Thumbs up to the great attitude

In other news, I used my nonexistent google sheets query skills to make separate tabs to break out the Plaid and Long Range vehicles from the "Model S" tab. It should update dynamically as things are added to the Model S tab. I'll lock the other tabs so people don't enter things there. Enjoy. :)

Yeah I get that. I lived in Arizona for 23 years. But where I am now, summer tires become mostly unusable after November, and stays that way until March. A quick search did not find a lot of all weather options for the arachnids. This may be extremely inconvenient.
My plan is to buy another set of wheels/tires for winter driving. One of the tire stores near me offers valet swapping, cleaning and storing of off season tires.