Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I said, I am here for information about the car, deliveries, pictures, and reviews. A lot of this thread provides that information. The other half is just useless complaining. When I purchased my Porsche GT3 and GT4, I waited over a year for each of them. During that time, I found so much information on the Porsche forums, I was hoping I'd find the same here. But you guys do you and keep complaining, I'm sure if you complain more your car will come quicker. I'll scroll through the posts and find the useful information.
Just like to point out that this is the delivery thread for delivery related discussion....information can be found in other threads

I think 2021plaid secretly works for Tesla and is a Plaid spy because his name and he agrees with EVERY single comment posted. He has been telling Tesla to get their *sugar together hence the recent VIN's popping up 😂
My 'sources' are telling me that there is only two more weeks left until people get their vins. /s 🤣

We did it guys!!! We broke the page with too many refreshes! Congratulations!
1624554965947.png

You are fairly new to this forum so we welcome you. If you are talking about people who have recently ordered say April or May then you deserve a thumbs up. But there are many people on this forum that have been waiting 6 plus months, some approaching a year. They have every right to to be upset. No communication from Tesla. Elon saying cars will be delivered February - March. Your estimated delivery says March then April then March and then blank. Only to find out that they are not producing any cars.

If you look at other people's profile we put information in our signature e.g. when you ordered, options chosen, current estimated delivery date. That way we know if you have been patient for two weeks or 8 months. We are a support group for each other. We complain, make each other laugh so we can bide our time while we wait. We are all waiting some more patient than others. Some days are better than others. But until you have waited for 6+ months for you vehicle I wouldn't judge other people. And before you start in with me, look at my post. Most are positive but Tesla has a big customer service problem to go along with no communication with their customers. If you don't agree you will be in the minority on this forum.

Welcome again. Please get to know the people on this forum before lecturing us.

Yes I am fairly new to this forum and appreciate all the information. I appreciate all the useful information, delivery experiences and reviews. I'm commenting on my experience based on other forums I have been on and my previous car buying experiences. I have waited over a year for two vehicles before, my Porsche GT4 and Porsche GT3. I have also waited 6 months for a Range Rover. This is my first Tesla and I am going into it expecting a lack of communication, delays and fit and finish problems. The model Y I bought for my parents had delays and lack of communication. I expected it. When you are buying the newest tech in a growing company, there will be delays. I am buying the car for the tech and because it is the best car in the category that suits my needs. If you guys need moral support to get through your waiting, go ahead and continue complaining. Moving forward I will scroll through the complaints and skip to the useful information.

Last edited:
The problem is there is no alternative to this car. They have us over a barrel and they seem to know it.
I respectfully disagree. I want my LR. A lot. But, I can go with some nice ICE cars, a Y, a Mustang (which I don't like nearly as much), a Lucid Air (which may be great, terrible, or "vaporware" and never come out, etc.) - I think Tesla's lack of transparency stinks, but I think they have great products, and I think the LR in particular is a great value in comparison to many ICE cars out there, and the Plaid, which in general I don't ascribe to the same "value" is a relative bargain for its performance when compared to supercars.

I am guessing some folks have had enough and ARE going elsewhere. Me, I'm sticking around. I ordered in May, so after many on this site, and my biggest gripe is my inability to plan - I'd like to get rid of my existing car, but I'm now resolved, based on what I've seen, to hold my car until my LR is charging at my home - until then, I don't want to walk.

I'm viewing the time frame as a chance for software to get updated, bugs to be shaken out, and maybe airbags to be attached better.
I'm also on the fence - if, IF I learn of any real federal credits that would come in on cars delivered after January, 2022 would I cancel my order? I dunno. I want my blue rolling toy. But I don't "need" it.

If I read terrible reviews of the car, or god forbid, start reading about these things spontaneously combusting like the Galaxy phones (I have a new one) or other SERIOUS issues, I'd drop my order faster than you can say, "where did my VIN go?" - but for now, I'll wait it out, refreshing my Tesla account only once per day to see if there's any update.

But don't get me wrong - if they told me I could pick up my car tomorrow, I'd be all over that. I also have the expectation of a September-October delivery, so while I'm anxious, I'm not "I want this thing today" anxious. (Well, a little).

Like I said, I am here for information about the car, deliveries, pictures, and reviews. A lot of this thread provides that information. The other half is just useless complaining. When I purchased my Porsche GT3 and GT4, I waited over a year for each of them. During that time, I found so much information on the Porsche forums, I was hoping I'd find the same here. But you guys do you and keep complaining, I'm sure if you complain more your car will come quicker. I'll scroll through the posts and find the useful information.
Were you told you would get your new Porshe in a month? Then 6 months later no car and no information about when you’ll get it? Step out of your own shoes for a fraction of a second and try to view things from another person’s perspective.

Reactions: dewski
Lucid? Don’t alternatives have to actually produce cars? As for Porsche, half the range and slower at the same price point, at double the price point closer on acceleration but still a fraction of the range and no supercharger network. Not really reasonable alternatives.
Add to that a very tiny trunk space on the Porsche. Rear legroom space is also minimal and a deal breaker at least for me.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Were you told you would get your new Porshe in a month? Then 6 months later no car and no information about when you’ll get it? Step out of your own shoes for a fraction of a second and try to view things from another person’s perspective.

I was actually told numerous times I would be given an allocation. Then the allocations disappeared. Dealerships also tried to make me pay 10k-20k over msrp. Instead of complaining, I looked around for useful information how to get an allocation. I was able to find an allocation for both at msrp. After I gave my build I was told numerous times my car would start being built soon, but they kept getting delayed for months. I eventually got the cars, but I know many people that paid over msrp for their GT4's and GT3's because they didn't want to wait. At least Tesla sells their cars at msrp. I'll take the bad with the good and wait patiently for my Model S. To each their own.

If you tell a kid he can have ice cream in an hour and then don't give him ice cream for a few weeks, that kid is gonna be rightfully upset.
The thing is, people should wait for the email confirmation rather than refreshing the page. Obviously it would be best if Tesla didn’t show a VIN at all until confirmed. But since we all know that is an invalid signal, people are just torturing themselves by refreshing.

Probably would have much less stress if people just ignored the website until an email confirmation arrives.