Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, this is exactly why I’m on the fence too. Multiple nights in a row now I keep messing around with the online config - angel on one shoulder telling me to save money and go for more range, and the devil on the other shoulder telling me I need to be able to smoke literally every single other car in existence at a stop light even if I never actually do.
In my entire life, I’ve had 1 stop light race when I was 23-25. The devil on your shoulder is a rational devil and says if a plaid smackdown is needed, it will probably happen from 60-100 on a parkway, interstate, or expressway. Or on a track 👍

Last edited:
I think FSD is key on the LR orders. I have seen some very early pre-refresh orders get LR cars without FSD, but it seems like February and later LR orders are only getting VIN’s with FSD with limited exceptions.

How many here have February or later LR orders without FSD with VINS?

1/1/21 LR order here with FSD and blank for over a month now with no delivery date in site 🤷🏻‍♂️

This forum needs another icon for negative feelings. For instance, this post makes me sad, but clicking disagree sounds like I think you are wrong. I want a sad face or "disappointing" or "heartbreaking"....something.

We also need a "WTF?" icon here as well. I could have used that a few times in teh past.

I ordered it and updated my signature accordingly. Thanks!
I think you need a certain level of seniority to be able to link in signatures like @omarsultan. That’s why I had to put his website domain in my signature because the link was getting stripped even though I had it in my account signature.

This forum is full of like minded people, love it! I need help - can’t decide between saving $50K for LR, maybe even $60K if I wait until Jan and they bring back the $10K fed tax credit or going all out with Plaid. I have a M3 Performance now and can’t launch it as much as I like so how much use would I get out of Plaid realistically? But, when I do launch it, I always LMAO. Also, I have a 230 mile round trip commute so range, ride quality, and efficiency are important. Such first world problems… anyone have sound advice?

The range is so close on the two that it was not a consideration for me. While I can appreciate the shear performance of the Plaid, I would only appreciate it a few times before it would become "normal". Also, I have no friends and no one that I really care to impress with it. Since the performance is the only difference, I opted to save the money and just go LR. It is plenty fast for me and I get to enjoy all the other aspects of the Plaid - including the non-red brake calipers.

You will not go wrong either way and only you know if you will regret not getting the Plaid.