Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that kind of performance is the priority, then yes the Plaid would be a better choice. The LR will probably go faster - or even get a boost - than 3.1 and those two (LR and M3P) and are negligibly close. The 3 and S are avocadoes and cumquats comparison in all other areas.

Keep in mind Tesla states that the M3P is 3.1 (with rollout subtracted) and LR is 3.1 (without rollout subtracted).
^this. It’s kinda a big deal actually. Meaning the LR S probably will be under 3 second which if it carries its power like plaid does all the way to top speed it should run low 11s to high 10s. i saw in the tesla tutorial that it had a chill sport and insane mode and drag strip mode. I just want to see if that is on the LR (I doubt it) BUT It’s possible and with that I could run some good bracket racing lol. And still have close to 400 miles (like 360miles of drivable range)

I just got notified that my 2021 Model S Long Range will be ready for pick up on June 30. Two days ago delivery was estimated for August so I was in no hurry to prepare for it. Now I need to sell my 2019 Model S with 16,500 miles quickly. Do you have suggestions on where to advertise it?
I would check with vroom, carmax, carvana those can do it quickly for you. Or go with a trade in with tesla

I just got notified that my 2021 Model S Long Range will be ready for pick up on June 30. Two days ago delivery was estimated for August so I was in no hurry to prepare for it. Now I need to sell my 2019 Model S with 16,500 miles quickly. Do you have suggestions on where to advertise it?
21 or 19s?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Carvana gave me $61k valuation, Vroom came in at $65k, and Tesla quoted $53k as the trade-in value for my 2019 MS with 11k miles on it. I listed it online on Auto Trader. Sold it for $72k within 1 day of listing. Now just waiting for my new one with expected dates changing between October and blank. It actually looks like used car values have increased since I sold my car in early June. Good luck!

With all these VIN's bouncing around I'm starting to get worried I may get one soon. I ordered in April because of the delays, hoping to get a car in September. If it shows up before August, I may have to cancel and re-order.
They offer a way to put your order on hold I believe. You check into that. It use to be up to 6 months or so.

I ended up picking plaid, because my M3P does 0-60 in 3.02, and i figured i can’t get a new car with the same speed or possibly .08 seconds slower. That’s the problem with LR is that it’s the same speed as the Model 3P, so it makes it hard for me to justify from a performance perspective.
Btw that m3p time includes roll out the LR model s does not. So the LR model s is like .6s faster.

^this. It’s kinda a big deal actually. Meaning the LR S probably will be under 3 second which if it carries its power like plaid does all the way to top speed it should run low 11s to high 10s. i saw in the tesla tutorial that it had a chill sport and insane mode and drag strip mode. I just want to see if that is on the LR (I doubt it) BUT It’s possible and with that I could run some good bracket racing lol. And still have close to 400 miles (like 360miles of drivable range)
I’m not sure the LR will carry its power like plaid. The carbon sleeved rotors is what allows the plaid to keep winding at high rpms plus it has 3 of them. Without that I assume the LR falls off just like the previous MS’s. If it did carry its power like plaid there wouldn’t be almost a whole second in 0-60 times. Also the $50k in difference probably has a lot to do with the carbon sleeved rotors and the machine they had to make for it. CF is expensive and the power difference between LR and Plaid is substantial. LR is still very fast, plaid is just very very fast. Next level.

PXL_20210626_223043573.NIGHT.jpg
She's here.

4 LR 3 Plaid with one being delivered at the time at WPB today. All black interiors with arachnids.

Attachments

• FAE45341-5537-4523-9456-71B1471A8A22.jpeg
    FAE45341-5537-4523-9456-71B1471A8A22.jpeg
    977.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 10AA11D8-E81B-42C6-8710-D4BA51049B86.jpeg
    10AA11D8-E81B-42C6-8710-D4BA51049B86.jpeg
    938.8 KB · Views: 81
  • C5DF731B-D66A-4612-8047-300782AA6462.jpeg
    C5DF731B-D66A-4612-8047-300782AA6462.jpeg
    812.5 KB · Views: 76
  • D02B29FC-E9A8-4559-BED5-CC142B34C0A5.jpeg
    D02B29FC-E9A8-4559-BED5-CC142B34C0A5.jpeg
    980.2 KB · Views: 86
I’m not sure the LR will carry its power like plaid. The carbon sleeved rotors is what allows the plaid to keep winding at high rpms plus it has 3 of them. Without that I assume the LR falls off just like the previous MS’s. If it did carry its power like plaid there wouldn’t be almost a whole second in 0-60 times. Also the $50k in difference probably has a lot to do with the carbon sleeved rotors and the machine they had to make for it. CF is expensive and the power difference between LR and Plaid is substantial. LR is still very fast, plaid is just very very fast. Next level.
Totally agree, but the LR is making quite a bit less power which also means less heat to deal with and doesn’t spin as fast as the plaid setup. i do know the thermals should be very close to each other. I’m very curious about how this long range car is going to perform Tesla made a big deal about the cars being able to hold and deliver their power back to back consistently. And that’s for both plaid and LR.

Shoot me a text 801-979-0071

Reactions: EndlessPlaid