Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They did not give it to them. They offered it. The customer had the ability to decline it. Decided to accept it. Which means they feel happy enough with a LR over a Plaid.
I thought it went without saying, but of course when I say "gave you" I mean "gave you the opportunity to buy". At this point that's all this is about. Of course Tesla isn't giving away cars.

After less than a full day of having my MSLR I am very satisfied.
The only real issue I'm facing is the learning curve on the screen. Some things feel less than intuitive, but I'm sure that more my fault than the cars.

Congrats on your LR!

I had to laugh at your comment. That word intuitive, I do not think it means what you think it means

I like the way you think. I told my SA I'm open to several variations to what I ordered in case there's a cancellation. I'm not locked into a particular color. If nothing else, making ten orders online will mess with Elon's projected sales numbers for a while....a little poetic justice i guess
My local SC Mgr asked me yesterday if I wanted to change ext color or interior trim to wood and/or seats to black. I declined since we're already basically in July and all along for the past several weeks, they've been telling me Aug for my white on white/cf configuration, so I'm really not saving much time...perhaps a few weeks maybe? So what's the point? To get a $146k vehicle in a color combination I don't like? Although I do like the red ext w/ white/cf interior, I'm not sure if that configuration will arrive any sooner. So, no thank you! I'll stick with my initial and preferred color combo. FWIW -- I did mention to him that Tesla should've kept the silver ext color (not talking about the darker MSM ext color but a true light silver ext paint color)...I would've chosen silver had it been available but still with the white/cf interior though.

I was able to improve the rear hatch alignment a bit with the adjustable bumpers, they screw in and out.View attachment 679774View attachment 679775View attachment 679776View attachment 679777
That's a bummer this is still around. My 2013 P85 (one of the first in my home state) had this issue. I did the same fix years ago, however in my case when I opened the back it started making a hard popping noise (the latch releasing apparently had a ton of tension on it after i made the adjustments to the "bumpers"). I'm guessing the actual latch probably needed to be raised or there was a bigger issues with the hatch itself, though I couldn't see it with my eyes.
After you get yours leveled to your satisfaction I suggest opening and closing to see if you can hear a difference in how it sounds opening. If you do not hear a difference then you may be alright.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wonder, and yes im being serious, if i literally call them every single day and just ask what cars they have to see if i like any and say "ok ill take that one"
I called my Tesla Store earlier today and asked if they have any new Teslas. The answer was “no.” I just miss having a Tesla at home. :D I’d like any MS, but prefer not to have MSM.

But how much of what you use every day is covered by basic Autopilot?
For me, FSD isn't an option but a necessity.

1) I want to support its development and encourage Tesla to continue offering it as a beta platform with features no one else will provide.
2) If I just wanted basic AP, then I don't know if there's enough distinction between it and Mobileye or other assistive driving tech to stick with Tesla over other manufacturers.

Now Extended Auto Pilot vs. FSD is a different story. I'd still go with FSD, because of #1, but almost all of the fully baked features are in EAP and a $10K premium (over EAP) is likely hard for most people to justify just for city street driving.

I thought it went without saying, but of course when I say "gave you" I mean "gave you the opportunity to buy". At this point that's all this is about. Of course Tesla isn't giving away cars.
While that is the part that I quoted, your entire message is easily disputed. They are not just throwing cars out there like Oprah. They had an inventory model that was refused or finance fell through or whatever reason and an SA had a customer with an order. He extended an offer and the customer took it. It is not "crappy of Tesla" to do that - they WANT you to have a car, in whatever configuration they have. Does it help Tesla with EoQ? Yes. Does it get the customer a car if they accept? Yes. Do they have to accept? No.

They also did not "dick" over anyone. What if there is no LR orders for that SA or that SC / DC? They are not going to truck it halfway around the USA to get it delivered - makes zero financial sense. They are seeking the fastest path to get the car delivered and in into a customers hands.

FWIW -- I did mention to him that Tesla should've kept the silver ext color (not talking about the darker MSM ext color but a true light silver ext paint color)...I would've chosen silver had it been available but still with the white/cf interior though.
Yup! Silver is a must have color for cars. I'd have to flip a coin between silver and red 😂

Reached out to the Ownership Loyalty Advisor in Fremont who helped me convert from Plaid+ to Plaid today, saying I know updates aren’t really available, but any chance he sees something on the backend about my order?

His response made me feel very special and that my VIN will come any day now! That’s what it means, right? 🥲

We have you on a high priority delivery list and we are just waiting on a vin match!

No disrespect to you, because if I were you I'd have done exactly the same thing, but it's particularly crappy of Tesla to give a LR car to someone who ordered a Plaid, unless you were a pre-refresh order. I can certainly understand the company prioritizing Plaid orders over LR given that it's their halo car and has a huge margin, but unless you ordered pre-refresh (and possibly even then given how many of them aren't getting deliveries), giving you this option just dicked over many folks who had LR orders since the very beginning.

Tesla makes great cars, but the whole fire sale mentality of EoQ delivery is 100% bullshit.

Edit: Congrats on the car. Enjoy it in good health. 😎
@Neon001 they better not pull this in our state. There'll be at least 10 pissed off guys in the Rockville facility with bats!!!!!!! 🤣