Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local SC Mgr asked me yesterday if I wanted to change ext color or interior trim to wood and/or seats to black. I declined since we're already basically in July and all along for the past several weeks, they've been telling me Aug for my white on white/cf configuration, so I'm really not saving much time...perhaps a few weeks maybe? So what's the point? To get a $146k vehicle in a color combination I don't like? Although I do like the red ext w/ white/cf interior, I'm not sure if that configuration will arrive any sooner. So, no thank you! I'll stick with my initial and preferred color combo. FWIW -- I did mention to him that Tesla should've kept the silver ext color (not talking about the darker MSM ext color but a true light silver ext paint color)...I would've chosen silver had it been available but still with the white/cf interior though.
Don’t you dare switch to red / white / cf! I don’t need more competition for the unicorn config. :p

Am I the only that gets excited when I have to re-login to my Tesla account (instead of refreshing) thinking that someone assigned me a VIN and kicked me out of my session? 😂 I refresh the page as much as I refresh this thread (sigh).
Same! One of these days (weeks, months, or years) we are going to be jumping for joy.

I was able to improve the rear hatch alignment a

Looks Great and Great Job! Most owners on here have an aptitude for adjusting the panels, etc with more precision than the Tesla techs do and WILL definitely be more particular. Like to see the good results!
@bmt00 just remember that you want to make sure the rubber pieces actually touch the pads below... I did some extreme tuning on them once and realized the hatch had a tendency to leak water because I'd gone a bit extreme. If the rubber on the hatch touches the pad at the bottom, thats safe. if it doesnt on the side you're trying to lower, theres a potential leak

A follow up to the 19" speculation. The TA at Mt. Kisco just confirmed they have not delivered any refresh with 19s.
Blue Ash Cincinnati SC claimed to have delivered 1 Plaid with 19" which I find laughable. So basically no SC has actually delivered a vehicle especially a Plaid with 19' wheels on. I won't be surprised if Musk comes out and says that the 19" wheels aren't good enough for Plaid and that 21" display the real power of the car therefore, tempest wheels are canceled 🙄

Sad truth is if that was to happen, a bunch of people on this forum will gobble it up without a problem. I mean people don't care about the range anymore for some reason? But to each his own I guess.

@bmt00 just remember that you want to make sure the rubber pieces actually touch the pads below... I did some extreme tuning on them once and realized the hatch had a tendency to leak water because I'd gone a bit extreme. If the rubber on the hatch touches the pad at the bottom, thats safe. if it doesnt on the side you're trying to lower, theres a potential leak
Any thoughts on how to check? Some kind of marking compound on the pads maybe?

Am I the only that gets excited when I have to re-login to my Tesla account (instead of refreshing) thinking that someone assigned me a VIN and kicked me out of my session? 😂 I refresh the page as much as I refresh this thread (sigh).
You crazy son of a... I do the same thing. And then reality hits - bam. And reality hits you hard bro.

Agreed it may need adjusted from top down if large gaps exist, his looked like minor alignment. Not like your tearing into battery pack, simply all mechanical adjustments.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
not only that i atleast double check my contact info once a day too make sure its straight

So...Finally got my delivery date yesterday. This morning I wake up to a txt that states that my car hasn't arrived yet (was supposed to be today at 4pm). I already took some time off of work to grab the car but now its not available until 7pm. I have to work until 8pm now because I am off in the middle of the day. How late do they accept deliveries? What a pain in my butt....hopefully it will be really late and they will have an after 8pm appointment available. Any insight?

Greg

No disrespect to you, because if I were you I'd have done exactly the same thing, but it's particularly crappy of Tesla to give a LR car to someone who ordered a Plaid, unless you were a pre-refresh order. I can certainly understand the company prioritizing Plaid orders over LR given that it's their halo car and has a huge margin, but unless you ordered pre-refresh (and possibly even then given how many of them aren't getting deliveries), giving you this option just dicked over many folks who had LR orders since the very beginning.

Tesla makes great cars, but the whole fire sale mentality of EoQ delivery is 100% bullshit.

Edit: Congrats on the car. Enjoy it in good health.
It’s a vicious cycle chasing EOQ deliveries which doesn’t actually result in more shipments for the year. In fact, optimizing manufacturing and delivery without regard to arbitrary dates/deadlines will result in greater output, better quality and lower cost.

Since Elon is supposed to be so smart and dances to his own tune, I’m surprised he hasn’t realized this and done something about it. It only “costs” one quarter of less shipments to bring this approach in balance.

It’s a vicious cycle chasing EOQ deliveries which doesn’t actually result in more shipments for the year. In fact, optimizing manufacturing and delivery without regard to arbitrary dates/deadlines will result in greater output, better quality and lower cost.

Since Elon is supposed to be so smart and dances to his own tune, I’m surprised he hasn’t realized this and done something about it. It only “costs” one quarter of less shipments to bring this approach in balance.
That's gonna be the quarter TSLA tanks and TSLAQ screams bankruptcy coming

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So...Finally got my delivery date yesterday. This morning I wake up to a txt that states that my car hasn't arrived yet (was supposed to be today at 4pm). I already took some time off of work to grab the car but now its not available until 7pm. I have to work until 8pm now because I am off in the middle of the day. How late do they accept deliveries? What a pain in my butt....hopefully it will be really late and they will have an after 8pm appointment available. Any insight?

Greg
I was told that they are delivering vehicles until past 9:00 pm tonight, and later if requested/necessary. Doesn’t hurt to ask!

I was told that they are delivering vehicles until past 9:00 pm tonight, and later if requested/necessary. Doesn’t hurt to ask!
So I called. The person on the other end said that they don't anticipate my car today and that it hasn't even been transported from Fremont yet. This is unreal. I took a half day off work to handle this and now I have to most likely do it again later this week or the next. She couldn't give me a timeframe of delivery and stated they would contact me in 24-48 hours with further instructions. This car is a real inconvenience. As a first time buyer this is a souring experience. Sick of checking my phone and the website. One more mess up and I am officially done with this car. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a dang expensive toy.

Greg

Hopefully this isn't too frowned upon to post here, but I created a thread to track known issues with the 2021 MS Plaid/LR refresh.

Hopefully this isn't too frowned upon to post here, but I created a thread to track known issues with the 2021 MS Plaid/LR refresh.

I have the first issue to report, and is affecting a lot of people here. Car is missing.