Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stopping a 5000 lb car at 165 MPH "may" cause some friction. I went to AMG racing school a few years ago at Laguna Seca and we drove brand new AMG-GTS cars delivered to the track. The brakes damn near melted to the rotors after 2 hours on the track. Smoking brakes after every lap.
Exactly what I think. I raced F2000 cars and was a BMWCCA instructor for a few years, stopping a 5000lbs car going 160+mph is no small task. The brakes get a beating. It's not clear from the video what happened. Maybe he just thought that breaking from 160 would be quicker or maybe something really nasty happened, we can't tell.

I was talking to another friend (who is ordering a LR) of the possibility that a few inexperienced guys could screw it for everyone. It takes only one dude wanting to show off and kill a family of four to bring light to the masses that a family car, that can accelerate as hard as a Formula1, are now easily available and mixing it up on the street with regular schmoes in minivans. Will the government eventually put a limit to car performances?

On the other hand, the braking system for a car that can do 0-120mph in ~6sec should be the best possible. Tesla it seems, could have put more aggressive/robust brakes on the Plaid.

Here's an interesting features comparison between LR and Plaid some are unconfirmed:

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.53.06 PM.png

I’ve never had a worse car buying experience. Not saying the car sucks or will suck but the customer service is outright horse sugar.

If you can’t deliver something, then don’t say you can. How incompetent do you have to be that your multimillion dollar company’s website still says estimated delivery in June when it’s already July? Are you going to get into your DeLorean and hit 88mph towing my car to bring it to me in June?

You’re 100% right, it’s never been this hard to give someone so much money for their product. As the time is going by I’m strongly reconsidering even bothering with EV, this is a disgusting taste left in my mouth by customer service that is making me question the quality of customer service I will get if god forbid something is wrong with the car 99% of the shops can’t work on.

It’s easier for fanboiz to deal with because they’ve already either experienced it and it’s not so bad or they just settled with it and now accept it as normal. Either way, as a first time buyer I have nothing but speculations and assumptions, and the company is doing nothing but dragging their feet to make me doubt them more and more. At this point I don’t even have an approximate month to plan my life accordingly with selling current car, finances, etc. This is outright unacceptable to just string people along and inconvenience their personal lives because you just don’t give a sugar about anything but your profit reports for EOQ fluffing the numbers so your investors don’t see that your customer service is outright trash.
I hear you but please know the following: I placed my order for the all new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV HSE (250mi max battery range) in March, 2018...fully loaded with upgraded 22" Jaguar CF wheels. I paid list price with zero discount; paid > $92k for it after I had to wait 9 months to take delivery in Dec, 2018. I bet you can walk into any Jaguar dealer right now and buy/drive off an I-Pace right off the lot for $10k-$20k off list price (or if you can find a slightly used one, I traded in my I-Pace w/ 36k mi. back in March, 2021 and only got a measly $40k for it...betting the local dealer sold it for $50k)!

Despite the very buggy electronics, UI screens and a absolutely terrible Navi & speech recognition system (oh and one complete electrical VEHICLE FAILURE which made the EV totally DIE in the middle of a very busy street one day which was super dangerous and I waited 2 hours for a tow truck to arrive!), I really enjoyed the 400HP / 512 ft/lb TQ I-Pace but it's no Tesla MS Plaid. It has all the build quality, luxury, & high tech of any other JLR vehicle and even Porsche (the interior is very similar to the Porsche Macan). But the Jaguar I-Pace EV simply just does not compare to the Tesla Model S Plaid or LR in terms of performance, technology, and overall driving experience. Please also understand this Mesla Model S Plaid will be 1st Tesla owned/driven and my 2nd EV ever owned/driven. So, keep things like this in mind. Wish you all the best with whatever decision you make! 😎

Here's an interesting features comparison between LR and Plaid some are unconfirmed:

View attachment 680277
I see an asterisk explanation twice, but I don't see the use of an asterisk anywhere. And you can't have every option. Maybe you could say "with most expensive options" but then they say paint cost is not included. Plus they missed the spoiler, cross stitching, plaid launch animations etc. I'm gonna go ahead and assume this list is not accurate. At the very least, this is a terribly thought out list.

I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
SOOO JEALOUS! Looking good!!

Omg adjustable Regen braking? Big plus for Plaid over LR actually. I can see it being useful in the track and generally based on road and conditions.
Adjustable regen isn't on the Plaid right now, but when it gains track mode, (something the LR will never have, because it isn't a Tesla Performance model), the adjustable regen should hopefully appear in the Track Mode customizations, like it is on the M3P currently.

So i just called my SA for my daily call to annoy them. He straight told me, white seats are your hgold up, they are producing far more cream than black. I said ok ill take black seats, no prob. See if anything actually happens.......
Also how are white seats a hold up lol when a bunch of people with LR black/msm exterior are getting white interior cars delivered to them? SAs know as much as a pigeon living under a bridge somewhere near Fremont.