Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out abetterrouteplanner.com. It's a great solution to plan trips with waypoints or roundtrip trips. It lets you customize a lot more and generally can get you to your destination faster.
strong agree on ABRP. I use it on every long road trip, and it does a fantastic job of planning a route that optimizes for keeping your car in the charge curve sweet spot, so you charge more frequently than the car's built in planner, but your overall journey can be hours shorter.

Edit: it is also the thing that made towing various trailers with my Model X possible. I changed the wh/mi baseline to 2x (640 wh/mi) and it was able to calculate a surprisingly accurate plan that got me from Illinois to California. The built in routing has no way to account for consumption when towing and makes this much harder to plan in advance.

Finally got a more specific estimated delivery of "July 15-23" yesterday on my late January Plaid white ext/black interior/CF/Arachnids order only to have it disappear and return to blank this morning. Sigh.

View attachment 680650
I went blank again this morning as well from a 7/13-7/20 DD

Attachments

• wjl6xc0hyfp61.jpg
    wjl6xc0hyfp61.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 72
I went blank again this morning as well from a 7/13-7/20 DD
Same config, same month order, same city - Go Mavs! I've been blank since June 17 after having a July 1-20 EDD. My Tesla loyalty advisor said "VIN can come in next week or next month". My prior M3 took 18 business days to complete the payment and shipping. I'm anticipating August at best.

Yeah I'm not happy about this either. I average 45 miles a day. Regen braking is not going to be necessary when not on a long trip. Losing this as an option just means I've lost the ability to change the feel of my drive as I see fit. It also means a steeper learning curve for my wife, who will drive this car maybe 5 times a year. It would be nice to turn off regen for her, so she isn't readjusting to the feel of it once every several months.

If this comes back as an option only for certain cars, then they've shown their true colors: Remove something we gave everybody, just so we can make some feel like they are getting something extra.
I have never really thought about not having max regen available. I probably only let it go to full regen less than half the time while slowing/stopping. I just don’t let the accelerator up all the way. Not a conscious thought at this point, much prefer it as opposed having to move my foot over to the brake. Do that many folks turn off regen???

I was just thinking the same thing. Is the Plaid really a sleeper? I mean from what I can tell by other car communities (talking real enthusiasts here) they are scared $hitless to even mess with this these cars in terms of straight line acceleration. Especially from a dig. Now that the top end has been fixed with Plaid......game over and they know it. It's like trying to beat Alabama in a college football game....why try.....hahahah
Yeah, but outside the Tesla bubble, there is still limited brand awareness for Tesla, and unlike, the X with its flappy doors, the S is more stealthy.

Don’t forget about me @omarsultan ;)

I’ve been chatting with @lolachampcar and it appears he is not planning on taking his Plaid to the track.

If/when I take delivery of mine, I will be scheduling a track event at either Laguna Seca or Sonoma Raceway to see what this puppy can do stock.

Then, I will definitely change wheels & tires to lightweight 20s with road-legal near-slicks (e.g. RE71R), and upgrade to beefier brakes, then take it back to the track and see what performance improvements can be had.

I did this exact process (plus suspension upgrades) to my M3P and shaved off over 4 seconds at Seca.

For now though, I’m still with no VIN and a blank EDD. Which is fine, as I’m happy to wait while gathering feedback from folks like Randy Pobst and Ben at @UnpluggedP (they just need to check their emails more often ;))
Regular folks can take their cars to Laguna Seca ? That sounds like a great day 🍻
I thought only pros

Yeah, but outside the Tesla bubble, there is still limited brand awareness for Tesla, and unlike, the X with its flappy doors, the S is more stealthy.
The yellow mustang (with a blower) that I ran across on Wednesday was definitely not aware of the Plaid, I can promise. (The driver actually gave a double thumbs up and mouthed "wow" after we finished playing around on an empty stretch of freeway.)

Still blank on both of my orders

1143 LR/Black/White/19”
1150 ordered late May Plaid/Black/White/CF/19”

The 1143 pre refresh order annoys me due to how long it’s been with zero communication

But the 1150 may piss me off more because it was ordered with an estimated delivery in June. It feels like a bad faith move by Tesla - do we really think in late May they had no idea about having supply issues with the 19” rims or white interior?

/rant. Just getting impatient
I’m in identical situation.
1144 LR/MSM/Black/19”
1150 Plaid/MSM/Cream/19”

Still blank on both after an initial June date for the Plaid ordered in May. Very deceptive in my opinion.

I personally love how much control the regen gives me over decel. The control is much finer than using the brakes, and the fact that it's all on one pedal makes it so easy to get back on the throttle. It's like a different level of control, IMO. Really great in bad weather, too.
Same here. Driving in the mountains with high regen is absolutely fantastic.

Why are the models combined? I always seem to see the 3 and Y and S and X together
Pre 3, they used to do it because the S and X are built on the same line and analysts mostly cared about totally production and deliveries. With the 3 and Y I think they now do it to obscure how individual product lines are doing, otherwise you end up with headlines like "Model 3 deliveries down 20%"

At least 5 years. Unless plaid plus comes out.

Depends on what Tesla comes up with next but I was perfectly happy with my 2020 Raven S, didn't have any desire to upgrade, it was a wonderful car. Sans any major updates that I feel like I can't live without, 3-5 years.
I tend to never keep things longer than a year but thinking about the plaid, I’m just not sure what I’d even replace it with that quickly lol

Curious to see how these hold up, price wise over 3 years. I’d maybe wager 80-90k pending no large price drops by Tesla.

Anyone with a plaid here have a strange noise coming from the car the moment you put it in reverse? Sounds gets louder as you speed up in reverse. Its not a bad sound, sounds like a spaceship or something. Its not the speaker, I checked.
It is the pedestrian warning system. It is a speaker on the outside of the car. Happens in drive and reverse while moving slowly.

However I have also noticed a sound that comes from what seems like the passenger side of the cabin when the a/c is running... kinda sounds like an electric motor running one direction then stopping and running the opposite direction.

Well I think that Ray Catena Edison offered the best service I have ever experienced. However I did notice that if you had a C class or a plain E class ( I had more expensive models such as Sl550 and cls550 and AMG-gts) they did not treat those owners the same way they treated me. Which dealership did you buy from? Are you middlesex, union, Monmouth? Just curious

The bagels were just ok, but the people there would go out of their way to help you with food and drink.

Also the bmw dealership (open road) sucked from the sales through the service. I bought 2 cars from them and service made me decide never again. Then I started buying Mercedes from Catena and never looked back.
Because the franchised dealers have exclusivity, you end up at the mercy of your local dealer. I loved my MB dealer in the East Bay--simply amazing folks. The folks up here are less stellar and the reason I would never buy another MB as long as I live in this area, because I dislike dealing with them.

At least 5 years. Unless plaid plus comes out.

I tend to never keep things longer than a year but thinking about the plaid, I’m just not sure what I’d even replace it with that quickly lol

Curious to see how these hold up, price wise over 3 years. I’d maybe wager 80-90k pending no large price drops by Tesla.

Who is going do drop a low 9 second car out on the public? GM? Ford? Nope!

I think we have a keeper. Never thought I see anything like this. Get this car while we still can before uncle sam steps in.....lol