Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my car off at the detail shop. I’m getting:
  • Spectra Photosync 35 tint (Rear and 4 doors).
  • Stek PPF on front bumper and headlights and replace unsightly factory PPF with exposed edges in front of rear wheels
  • Stek Dynoflex Windshield PPF provides 99% UV protection and absorbs impact from flying debris
  • Full paint correction and ceramic coating.
  • High Gloss Bentley black paint on chrome Tesla T logos
I might not get the car back until Monday. I will post new pictures and draggy figures as soon as I get it back.
View attachment 680603
Sweet. I am doing the same (except will PPF the hood as well, and perhaps leave the emblems as-is) on my white LR later this year, in addition to ceramic coating my custom one-off rims from Unplugged Performance.

You will be well protected with your setup!

Last edited:
Who is going do drop a low 9 second car out on the public? GM? Ford? Nope!

I think we have a keeper. Never thought I see anything like this. Get this car while we still can before uncle sam steps in.....lol
I just get bored easily and need change lol Sometimes its more about the change in driver experience than a “better “ experience.

But I agree. For a daily driver I’m not sure what else can do better.

Don’t forget about me @omarsultan ;)

I’ve been chatting with @lolachampcar and it appears he is not planning on taking his Plaid to the track.

If/when I take delivery of mine, I will be scheduling a track event at either Laguna Seca or Sonoma Raceway to see what this puppy can do stock.

Then, I will definitely change wheels & tires to lightweight 20s with road-legal near-slicks (e.g. RE71R), and upgrade to beefier brakes, then take it back to the track and see what performance improvements can be had.

I did this exact process (plus suspension upgrades) to my M3P and shaved off over 4 seconds at Seca.

For now though, I’m still with no VIN and a blank EDD. Which is fine, as I’m happy to wait while gathering feedback from folks like Randy Pobst and Ben at @UnpluggedP (they just need to check their emails more often ;))
Of course!

I just get bored easily and need change lol Sometimes its more about the change in driver experience than a “better “ experience.

But I agree. For a daily driver I’m not sure what else can do better.

One thing that I cannot seem to get out of my head is that the lead engineer at Tesla said that the Plaid was basically the Plaid+. Leads me to wonder if there will really be a Plaid+.

I also think that the car now is on the verge of being traction limited....so there is that aspect too....

Reactions: TorqueMonster
Does @HumanInput have a VIN yet? Cmon Tesla let’s make this happen!
So happy for all those who have received their VINs 🤐

CC9B645A-104F-4126-9F9B-927C53306ADF.jpeg

P.S. Really am happy for y’all! ❤️

LOL. Probably just a one trick pony, but...

seriously doubt they have a competitive technology compared to Tesla. That Hellcat was a POS. Like you said, lucky to even get traction in the street.

But, hey, competition is good! It will encourage Tesla to keep pushing the envelope even that much more!

I have never really thought about not having max regen available. I probably only let it go to full regen less than half the time while slowing/stopping. I just don’t let the accelerator up all the way. Not a conscious thought at this point, much prefer it as opposed having to move my foot over to the brake. Do that many folks turn off regen???
I never owned a Tesla, but when I test drove the M3, the regen took some adjusting. When the SA told me it was adjustable, I felt good about that. The removal of this option caught me by surprise.

The car I sold was 27 years old with only 100k miles on it. I tend to baby my garaged vehicle. That being said, my MSLR probably won't see a single snow day, and I won't leave for work with it if it is raining. That means I will constantly switch between this and my truck, so regen may, or may not, be an annoyance. I won't know till I own it. But I do know being able to tone it down would definitely be useful for the rare occasion I let my wife drive.

seriously doubt they have a competitive technology compared to Tesla. That Hellcat was a POS. Like you said, lucky to even get traction in the street.
Even if they do, it will probably just be able to do one run, and get about 200 miles of range, and weigh like 6000 lbs, plus having like 8 motors. Theoretically, they could run a 9.2, because if it's something that Dodge knows, it's drag racing.
I foresee a Plaid SW update......😈

8 years - till the warranty runs out, then we'll see.
God I wish I had your ability. I have serious car ADD
One thing that I cannot seem to get out of my head is that the lead engineer at Tesla said that the Plaid was basically the Plaid+. Leads me to wonder if there will really be a Plaid+.

I also think that the car now is on the verge of being traction limited....so there is that aspect too....
I think the + was all a ploy lol

I never owned a Tesla, but when I test drove the M3, the regen took some adjusting. When the SA told me it was adjustable, I felt good about that. The removal of this option caught me by surprise.

The car I sold was 27 years old with only 100k miles on it. I tend to baby my garaged vehicle. That being said, my MSLR probably won't see a single snow day, and I won't leave for work with it if it is raining. That means I will constantly switch between this and my truck, so regen may, or may not, be an annoyance. I won't know till I own it. But I do know being able to tone it down would definitely be useful for the rare occasion I let my wife drive.
For those who got their car, how much more aggressive is this regen than let’s say letting go of the accelerator in lower gears at higher RPMs on a manual car?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Check out abetterrouteplanner.com. It's a great solution to plan trips with waypoints or roundtrip trips. It lets you customize a lot more and generally can get you to your destination faster.
That’s right. I ordered last October. I did a lot of research back then but in Tesla time that is long time.