Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, this is a real question, and done with respect for all who talk about racing other cars. Does it really happen fairly often that someone pulls up next to you at a stop or on the freeway indicating a 'let's go' vibe? My former S was a 100D, and current Y is a P, but it isn't super fast compared to the P100D or the Plaid obviously. I don't think I've ever been challenged on the streets around Nashville. It could be that I don't notice, or it is because I didn't have a P MS, or could be that there aren't a lot of fast cars or drivers here (there are of course Detroit hotrod types, but not as many exotics). What are other experiences here? Perhaps I should wait and get my Plaid and see what happens too, and will answer my own question :)
In my P100D, someone would try to race me a couple times per month but mostly on interstates, expressways, parkways etc. (maybe 60mph-110.)
At least 80% of the time; the Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, and the pesky Hellcats always lose. These people still have crazy loud exhausts and they still think it's cool lol.. Sorry bro, they were cool in the 90s.

Holy cow I got a VIN! Woohoo!! 😁👍

The wait has been tiresome at times, but reading this thread and everyone's contributions over the months has made the journey more tolerable, enjoyable and definitely made time go by faster, so a huge thank you to everyone in here for that! Still crossing my fingers that the VIN doesn't disappear or anything weird like a few others have unfortunately reported, but this finally feels real!

Holy cow I got a VIN! Woohoo!! 😁👍

The wait has been tiresome at times, but reading this thread and everyone's contributions over the months has made the journey more tolerable, enjoyable and definitely made time go by faster, so a huge thank you to everyone in here for that! Still crossing my fingers that the VIN doesn't disappear or anything weird like a few others have unfortunately reported, but this finally feels real!
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 And you also have CF!!!

Buy and install a glass or plastic matte screen protector on the main 17" UI screen; at least you'll have less glare on that screen anyway. That's my plan IF I'm having glare issues. Funny thing for me on all these new digital touch screens....I hate fingerprints so I got used to using a device stylus in the car and I'll likely keep doing so in my MS Plaid...whenever it arrives.
Matte screen protector works great for glare.

In my P100D, someone would try to race me a couple times per month but mostly on interstates, expressways, parkways etc. (maybe 60mph-110.)
At least 80% of the time; the Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, and the pesky Hellcats always lose. These people still have crazy loud exhausts and they still think it's cool lol.. Sorry bro, they were cool in the 90s.
Of course, with the age of a lot of the people on this forum, those Camaro owners can look at you and say 'Sorry bro, you were cool in the 90's"

Got a Vin! Blk blk ebony 21” plaid Too bad I’m away part of that window. Could be a cluster F&(k if I’m not around on delivery day. Always something.
7F201FE9-F03F-4D70-9A5C-B8055379BA31.jpeg

Got a Vin! Blk blk ebony 21” plaid Too bad I’m away part of that window. Could be a cluster F&(k if I’m not around on delivery day. Always something.
View attachment 680779
That should be easy to coordinate with your SA!
Just tell them the dates you are out of town and they will/should accommodate - at least they did for my deliveries.

Hi, this is a real question, and done with respect for all who talk about racing other cars. Does it really happen fairly often that someone pulls up next to you at a stop or on the freeway indicating a 'let's go' vibe? My former S was a 100D, and current Y is a P, but it isn't super fast compared to the P100D or the Plaid obviously. I don't think I've ever been challenged on the streets around Nashville. It could be that I don't notice, or it is because I didn't have a P MS, or could be that there aren't a lot of fast cars or drivers here (there are of course Detroit hotrod types, but not as many exotics). What are other experiences here? Perhaps I should wait and get my Plaid and see what happens too, and will answer my own question :)
I've had people pull alongside my P90D and match speed then gun it a little to indicate they want to race. I just laugh.

HI, I have 19 inch and Mine had july delivery not anything since July 1st. it is blank on my RN since yesterday.

Anyone here got any delivery yet with 19 inch Wheels?

Called Tesla they basically said , I should see something by July 9th or so. However I doubt it as they usually have no idea..
What are the specs of your car (exterior/interior/LR or Plaid?). I don't see it in your signature.

I also had a guy in a supra pass me (normal speed, 3-lane highway) and just lean out the window and give me a big grin and thumbs up several times 🤣