Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are one of the very few to get your LR. Congratulations. The rest of us are just constantly refreshing this site and our Tesla reservation page. Optimistically wait for our LR. Happy fourth to everyone
i hear you , I was absolutely on the account/TMC refresh loop. Was shocked last weekend when I got a VIN and then got a call for delivery. I was resigned to Aug/Sep. I’ll say this, totally worth the wait. Apologies to all that I haven’t got a decent dragy run to give some quantitave numbers but qualititatively the car is awesome and well worth the wait. The car is fantastic but don’t underestimate the anticipation of getting it, most fun wait for a car I have ever had made better by the banter here. Your cars are coming and you’ll love them when you get them.

I’m in the same boat. I keep watching YouTube videos of Plaids completely annihilating literally every car on the road and drag strip. Not by a little, just completely dominating to the point of being comical. I know it’s over the top and I’ll never use it to its full potential but damn it I want it!! Just to tempt myself, I think I’m going to put a second order in for a plaid just to see how much sooner I can get it than the LR. Someone REALLY needs to get us quarter mile draggy numbers to hopefully save some of us 50K…
At least with plaid, you can choose what type of life you want to live...
If you’d rather live a quiet peaceful drama free life, then de-badge 😑
If you prefer to live a not so quiet ‘Fast & Furious’ life, then don’t de-badge 🤩
Or switch back and forth every few months

At least with plaid, you can choose what type of life you want to live...
If you’d rather live a quiet peaceful drama free life, then de-badge 😑
If you prefer to live a not so quiet ‘Fast & Furious’ life, then don’t de-badge 🤩
Or switch back and forth every few months
I’m definitely de-badging if I get the Plaid. I’d hate to have all the Bugatti owners in town chasing me stop light to stop light hoping to finally get a win. 🤣

@ks1972 How do I precondition? Had been driving for about 1 hour so. Do not know what to think of it - this Tesla stuff is new to me. Looking for feedback on whether I should be excited or not.

Actually did my math wrong and it was closer to 25 mins. Next time I will run it down in the teens and then see what it does.
I’ve been driving ice and miserable for 4 months. You are driving the refresh and you’re asking if you should be excited? Im going with a big F Yeah you should be excited.

For any of the TMC members who already have their MS Plaids & LRs…anybody ask their SAs or anyone else at Tesla about getting the new v11 UI s/w update? Thought this s/w update unlocking all the features was supposed to be coming soon?
What purpose that’s gonna serve? As everyone knows by now, SAs know nothing

They may take our delivery dates, but they’ll never take our pride! I say this after clicking the “Manage” button for my order while uttering the word, “please.” 🧞🤦‍♂️

I even tried to reassure myself by saying, Tesla must’ve done 60 cars per day in June based on the delivery numbers. My car can’t be too far away, right? Only to stare at the same order page and estimate since 6/7.

For those who have taken delivery, does your sanity come back right away, or does it take time?

Last edited:
I have a Plaid order from 20 days ago (Creme, Wood, 19'' wheels). It was estimating June delivery and now delivery estimate disappeared. I want to change the interior to Black & White, but I am concerned it will delay the order. Strangely, I asked my SA, and also went to the Fremont factory and asked a SA there, and they both said that there is no reason to believe changing the interior color or Wood to CF will affect the delivery date. But for new orders, clearly choosing Black & White or Carbon pushes the delivery estimate back. How come it delays new orders and not existing ones?

With battery pre-conditioned? That seems rather underwhelming. My 2020 did 40-90 in 34 minutes and that’s with over 13k miles and most of the charging at superchargers
It makes me think the battery charging isn't improved significantly because someone else on here posted Plaid charging at around 37 miles per hour with a Tesla home charger. That's not impressive at all. The 2020 model s chargers at that rate at 48Amps and a Model 3/Y charges at 45 miles per hour. Seems like improvements were made in acceleration and stuff but with battery being the same cells charging rate has not improved as significantly as it was advertised. 40-90 in 35 minutes isn't impressive

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Did you all have a look at this thread? Blown away by the performance of the Long Range…

Last edited: