Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I liked to go fast until I came across ‘Situation Plaid’ a couple weeks ago. This dude likes going fast 🤩. His videos are fun to watch but these guys really need to take it to a track or private runway.
After weeks of non-stop Plaid annihilation, a 1500WHP twin turbo Lamborghini is the first car I’ve seen able to pull away from a plaid. These guys are all nuts 🤣🤷‍♂️

I looked at the cost of that twin turbo package. $150k!! You could almost get a Roadster for that price.

Would love to see what the UP (Unplugged Performance) Tesla could run in the 1/4 mile, even though it is a track focused car.

I have a Plaid order from 20 days ago (Creme, Wood, 19'' wheels). It was estimating June delivery and now delivery estimate disappeared. I want to change the interior to Black & White, but I am concerned it will delay the order. Strangely, I asked my SA, and also went to the Fremont factory and asked a SA there, and they both said that there is no reason to believe changing the interior color or Wood to CF will affect the delivery date. But for new orders, clearly choosing Black & White or Carbon pushes the delivery estimate back. How come it delays new orders and not existing ones?
I wouldn't say that. My order from 2/5/21, like so many others went from Est Delivery: March --> July --> June 1-30th --> August --> Blank (No Est Delivery Date where it's been for the past 6 weeks now)...and I've been told by Tesla to anticipate August delivery. 😒

Last edited:
It takes over the whole sound system if you play something on the back screen (Netflix, etc.)

Which, until they allow multiple Bluetooth audio out connections, is the way I'd want it. The front and rear aren't that separate - two different soundtracks playing at the same time would be horrible for both front and rear passengers.

But can also confirm, haven't gotten two audio out Bluetooth connections set up.
Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If my kids are listening to some obnoxious you tuber, talking in positive tones and stringing their words together to avoid any breaks of silence, and I am having a conversation with my wife, sound in the back ONLY would clearly be better than that same sound in the front as well.

Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If my kids are listening to some obnoxious you tuber, talking in positive tones and stringing their words together to avoid any breaks of silence, and I am having a conversation with my wife, sound in the back ONLY would clearly be better than that same sound in the front as well.
You had me at obnoxious YouTuber.

Well it is ~ 400lbs lighter than the std oem Plaid.

Motormatchup says:

2021 Tesla Model S Plaid 4DR AWD Hatchback TMPlaid
1' Rollout0.2 sec
60'1.42
330'3.78
⅛ mile5.72s @126.1mph
¼ mile8.84s @158.1mph
0-60 mph*1.8 sec
0-100 mph3.9 sec
60-130 mph4.1 sec
100-150 mph4.12 sec
0-124 mph (200 kph)5.6 sec
0-186 mph (300 kph)---

5M+ 👏.. I started getting active on TMC right after the late January plaid announcement. At the time, I remember being impressed that since July 2012, this thread had 3m+ views.
I just noticed today it’s 5m+ views. In just over 5 months, there have been almost as many views as the prior 8 1/2 years. What does it do for us? Probably nothing to help us 19” folks get EDD/VINS any faster, but it’s still an impressive number 👍

Attachments

• 76ACEE7E-A97C-4768-BB8F-31B23F305D64.png
    76ACEE7E-A97C-4768-BB8F-31B23F305D64.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 60
5M+ 👏.. I started getting active on TMC right after the late January plaid announcement. At the time, I remember being impressed that since July 2012, this thread had 3m+ views.
I just noticed today it’s 5m+ views. In just over 5 months, there have been almost as many views as the prior 8 1/2 years. What does it do for us? Probably nothing to help us 19” folks get EDD/VINS any faster, but it’s still an impressive number 👍
I can vouch for about 100,000 of those

Excited for you! My Plaid order from 9/22/2020 with 19s is still blank.. and I’m 40 miles from the factory. Weird.

Last time I spoke to Tesla on June 25th, I was told my order was in “build planning” so I should expect to have an estimated delivery timeframe within about a week. Well, it’s been over a week now but still blank.

@sam3194 did you get the build date from your insider contact, or is this someone less connected than you could ask Tesla to provide?

As a rule of thumb with me, if I ever hear any information from anyone other than my inside contact, it goes in one ear and out the other. SAs don’t know anything concrete and even if they did, they have 0 credibility. Not to say anything bad about them, it’s just something needs to change corporate side in terms of communication.

My dates were quoted to be as being internal dates and nothing any SA would be able to see on their end.

Isn’t it nuts we can’t get a clear answer…even from folks with the new s! It’s not the former from what I gather. Folks can’t connect Bluetooth and games aren’t loaded yet on many deliveries (rear screen). I’d bet right now that it’s a duplicate of the front screen (music, Netflix) and that sound takes over whole car audio if rear overrides a front screen song or something. Not sure if this will all be worked out with updates but it’s the best I can gather from folks so far. We’ll learn more these new weeks with all the S deliveries happening.
Right now the rear screen and controls are a mirror of the front screen and audio is shared. I think folks are hoping for the rear screen to be able to pick media sources independent of the front screen and for the folks in the rear to be able to use BT headsets to listen to their rear screen audio. That is not a thing yet.

It takes over the whole sound system if you play something on the back screen (Netflix, etc.)

Which, until they allow multiple Bluetooth audio out connections, is the way I'd want it. The front and rear aren't that separate - two different soundtracks playing at the same time would be horrible for both front and rear passengers.

But can also confirm, haven't gotten two audio out Bluetooth connections set up.
Oh I absolutely agree about front vs back speakers. hopefully Bluetooth will be the solution! Thanks