Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After spending that much on a car, maybe cardboard is all a person can afford.
that would be me after dropping only a 100k.
i am nickel and dimeing the detailing guys for a good deal.
Can anyone with a Plaid say what the 0-60 time is for the car in Chill or Sport mode? My wife is not interested in Plaid speed, so I want to reassure her that she can tame the car a bit when she's driving.
Since this is my first tesla, i thought the chill mode would maximize the AC setting

Unfortunately, there aren't any test results yet, but Chill will likely be some like 3-4 second 0-60, and Sport like 2.7. The main differentiator on Chill mode is the power delivery, which is slowed way down, thus making car feel more sluggish, (or tame.)🙂
I doubt that chill will be 3-4 seconds, it was 7ish seconds on the S historically.

It took a bit over 1000 days between reservation and getting my Model3. It sucks. Tesla is doing a piss poor job with that. I personally quite enjoy the ride this time. I ordered today and I have an august expected delivery that will probably extend to sept/oct, I’m fine with that. In fact I want the car in December and that’s why I’m ordering now. :)
To be fair, this isn't even remotely the same thing. The Model 3 was a completely new platform, and Tesla really didn't make any crazy promises about it being available right away (though there were delays). Compare that to the MS refresh, which was offered for sale on 1/27, reported to be "in production now with deliveries starting in March". Tesla knows better than to make statements like that, and if they honestly don't, they should.

I mean, I've had a Cybertruck order for going on 380(ish) days now, and I fully expect to wait until 2023 to get my car. Despite this, I have zero angst about the way that rollout is being handled, even with Tesla already behind their timelines. Because, again, the narrative is different. It's very obvious to everyone that Tesla clearly has no intention of actually delivering these things for a long, long time.

And as a general statement to the many folks who have said this, it helps no one to hear platitudes about the car being worth the wait. That message isn't going to soothe any impatient souls, or help fix the messed up situation that Tesla has sown from their deceit and false timelines. People come on here to vent and commiserate. I say let 'em.

Last edited:
An owner from the same area as me posted that SA called him asking him to switch his wheels to 21s if he wants it in the next few weeks otherwise 19s are delayed to August/September. What a load of *sugar*. Why the **** I never got a call? Are they calling people who have black interior so they can get those orders out of the way or what? This is ****ing ridiculous. I'm getting tired of this *sugar*. My SA wouldn't let me upgrade without a change in price and here someone else is getting a call to get their car earlier. Why this difference of treatment. Please don't tell me once you get your car it'll be worth it. It doesn't ****ing matter. People have a timeline and are putting a lot of things on a hold only for this bitch ass company to *sugar* on them. **** this *sugar*
I’m feeling the same way, you’re not alone. I’ve already started to tell everyone about the sugary experience I’m having trying to buy a Tesla, and if I ever get the car and Tesla sends me a survey about their customer service and purchasing process, I’m going to destroy them on it.
Many people waiting for a lot longer than 6 weeks dude…try 6+ months! Not saying the delivery process makes any sense nor is Tesla right for doing it the way they do, but you did just order at the end of May. I know you’ve heard this before, but I think you forgot about that little detail.

BTW - everyone here who had to wait for many weeks and months are just as angry as you, but our posts are not “F-k this $h!t” x 10, lol. 😜 As others have said before, you can just cancel your order so the next customer can move up the line (or sideways or whichever way Tesla does it in their haphazard manufacture & delivery process).
Just because someone else has been struggling with the wait wagon for much longer, doesn’t make the situation anymore acceptable. We’re all our own individuals and our patience should not be based off anyone else’s patience.
You ordered about five weeks ago. No sympathy.
What type of logic is that? “Oh you only lost your wife in a car accident, there are people who lost their whole families in car accidents. No sympathy.” A magnified example of your piss poor logic and attitude.

I feel for Umair, I really do, and I feel like the best we can do here is support him through the anger stages because Tesla’s customer service is straight up dog sugar and we all know it, even the fanboiz, who have forgiven the Tesla’s atrocious customer service because they’re finally trapping 9 second quarter miles.

Last edited:
I doubt that chill will be 3-4 seconds, it was 7ish seconds on the S historically.
Agree. Not that I've driven anything as fast as a Plaid, but even with a M3P the torque is so crazy in sport mode that large bumps in the road can result in (minor) unintended acceleration. It drives my wife nuts, because she has a very, uh...insensitive foot. I got tired of the car jerking around all the time and suggested chill mode. She liked that much better. A chill mode with 3-4s 0-60 would still be super responsive and abrupt, so I suspect it's slower.

Apologies for any repeats. I've been just catching up and grabbing comments that I wanted to reply to.....

I think these are great for the original 6/10 deliveries, but I'm a de-badging guy, and nope, no way going on my baby's rear end. I might order one to add to all my other Tesla paraphilia (every scale model, Tequila, umbrellas, hats, shirts, jackets, etc )

I'm going ceramic. Should cut down on the heat transmission.

Nope. I asked Franz this directly on 6/10.

I think there are currently 3 different 'discount' scenarios based on orders.
  1. 2k for those who ordered FSD when it was 8k. Not sure if this is only for Plaid + orders that converted to Plaid or LR.
  2. 10k discount (hold to original Plaid pricing). This is only for Plaid + orders that converted to Plaid.
  3. 2k discount for those that ordered pre=Palladium announcement as price went up 10k. This is the one quoted above.
First 2 applied to me.
There’s a 4th as well. Free 21’s upgrade. But I think that’s over now that the quarter is over.

Guys it's getting kind of tense in here and people are going after each other. Just remember who our real enemy is: the monkey assigning delivery dates, not each other.
I feel like supporting a member who’s dealing with anger is more productive than more talk about 19 vs 21 or “post draggy results” as if anyone is modding their cars to get any better results lol. We’re comparing the same damn cars over and over and over, same exterior pics, same interior pics, same draggy results. They’re all just duplicates of each other due to limited customizations offered by Tesla.

Can anyone with a Plaid say what the 0-60 time is for the car in Chill or Sport mode? My wife is not interested in Plaid speed, so I want to reassure her that she can tame the car a bit when she's driving.
I can tomorrow if no one else does--I've also been curious on the difference.

Agree. Not that I've driven anything as fast as a Plaid, but even with a M3P the torque is so crazy in sport mode that large bumps in the road can result in (minor) unintended acceleration. It drives my wife nuts, because she has a very, uh...insensitive foot. I got tired of the car jerking around all the time and suggested chill mode. She liked that much better. A chill mode with 3-4s 0-60 would still be super responsive and abrupt, so I suspect it's slower.
Yeah after what you guys stated, I went and changed my post to reflect my updated thoughts. I had mixed up Sport with Chill mode for the older MS. Thanks for the insight!😁

I feel like supporting a member who’s dealing with anger is more productive than more talk about 19 vs 21 or “post draggy results” as if anyone is modding their cars to get any better results lol. We’re comparing the same damn cars over and over and over, same exterior pics, same interior pics, same draggy results. They’re all just duplicates of each other due to limited customizations offered by Tesla.
I would take the discourse here any day over some other places like FB. At least we’re all relatively positive about the cars we own or want to own some day and mostly help each other out even if we have the occasional run of rough few pages. My local FB is just filled with meme content and holier than thou comment making. Recently someone posted a photo of an awesome looking Plaid and literally 90% of the comments were some form of “hurr durr why is it not on fire yet I saw on news plaids explode you should not stand so close” SMH…

The newcomers need some sympathy for those who ordered last year or early this year. I want my LR as much as anyone but the folks who ordered before me deserve their cars before I get mine. I ain’t gonna die if I don’t get my car tomorrow. Neither are you. Chill out.
Agreed, I’m not gonna die if I don’t get my car tomorrow. However, another couple of weeks of blank and my health could start deteriorating real quick. 🥱..
The 19” wheel nonsense is what’s bothering me. Tesla didn’t know prior to the 10th that they weren’t going to be shipping 19s until later ? I’m saying BS on that one.
I doubt people dropping 90-150K on a car want to to go to Walgreens to stick cardboard over their heads. I definitely don't expect to deal with any do-it-yourself solutions for a new car.
Maybe a baseball cap will work 🤣😄

Personally, I find that it’s all about expectation-setting at the time of ordering. If someone placed an order in, say, early June, and Tesla shows delivery of June, I could understand the frustration when July rolls around and the person doesn’t yet have delivery of their order.

Of course, for people who ordered in late January when Elon stated “in production, deliveries next month”, and who saw their deliveries get pushed back many months, the frustration might understandably be much larger, in relative terms.

But it’s difficult to tell a person that “my frustration is justifiably larger than yours because I’ve waited longer, so you shouldn’t be frustrated”, because every person is different and reacts to a different degree to a situation.

Long story short, I find that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if they feel like they’ve been treated unfairly, then no one can deny that feeling for them.

Ultimately, it’s really Tesla’s poor expectation management (and Elon’s excessively optimistic timelines) that create frustration among their customer base. This is relatively easy to fix, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I drove my car to the beach today and forgot to put sunscreen on. Mind you I didn't get out of the car, and I have a decent little sunburn on my head. Keep in mind I don't have any hair...that is part of the problem. This car gets hot on the inside. I will definitely be doing ceramic on the ceiling.

A hat sounds like an easy fix lol 👨‍🌾🕵️‍♂️

Okay, I need to chill and quit letting this *sugar* get to me. Deleted my silly comment. This isn't worth lashing out at each other when it's Tesla that's responsible for poor communication. No need for me to get into it with other users because what can they do. Everyone deals with stuff differently. I am not a very patient person but I guess this experience will turn me into one 😉
Need to quit checking my account for my own sanity's sake.