Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you aren’t a dedicated introvert with no friends except those at work, I would not recommend working for SpaceX or Tesla. Its what you are signing up for. On the other hand, it is pretty exciting work.
At the end of they day, their efforts are making the world a better place and I think that counts for a lot for the folks that work there. I love my job, but there are not many days I can easily make that statement.

That is not true as a blanket statement. There is no good faith with the 2016 FSD videos and Elon's statements. That is straight up deception.
I hope they release FSD Beta or some update on it because the sentiment on this is so negative on social media right now that I won't be surprised if a class action lawsuit come into play this time. I agree it's straight up deception.
Wonder why Tesla doesn't just add FSD to your Tesla account rather than to your car. That way people won't feel cheated as much. I mean I myself have paid 25k so far in FSD and will pay 10k more for my Plaid so Tesla needs to do right by people. It's too much to expect from Tesla though. We'll see what future holds for us.

Agree. I think they were expecting the car to ship with v11 and when that was not happening, this only took the time and effort to back-port what was necessary to 10.2. BTW, I am 100% OK with this. I am glad to get my car sooner than later.

to add to speculation, I think it could have been software related, but wasn’t the only factor. My guess is that because we see a bunch of model s’s actually produced and sitting in random places + temp lots at the factory, it has to be safety related for Tesla not to sell them. If it were only software, then those 400+ already produced Model S’s would just be washed and prepped for delivery but they are rather selling brand new ones.

the only indication we have is from Elon himself, stating they needed to test the batteries for “safety”

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
to add to speculation, I think it could have been software related, but wasn’t the only factor. My guess is that because we see a bunch of model s’s actually produced and sitting in random places + temp lots at the factory, it has to be safety related for Tesla not to sell them. If it were only software, then those 400+ already produced Model S’s would just be washed and prepped for delivery but they are rather selling brand new ones.

the only indication we have is from Elon himself, stating they needed to test the batteries for “safety”
Hi, I may be mistaken, but I thought the testing batteries for safety was related to the new format cells, and not the ones in the current Plaid?

Can guys with reservation numbers RN114[6-7]xxx update the sheet with current delivery ETA? For the first time, I got a data range July 17-24 but VIN not assigned yet. I don't want to get too excited without seeing VIN number in the profile.
I had a bunch of dates in June and ultimately ended up blank like 15 days before July. Still at blank, but it’s because of the CF shortage (I think). Hate to say this, but don’t hold your breath!

Wonder why Tesla doesn't just add FSD to your Tesla account rather than to your car. That way people won't feel cheated as much. I mean I myself have paid 25k so far in FSD and will pay 10k more for my Plaid so Tesla needs to do right by people. It's too much to expect from Tesla though. We'll see what future holds for us.
I can understand the decision to tie FSD license to the car vs the person--I don't think folks would be happy if FSD came with a perpetual, transferrable license. I do, however, think Tesla should allow a one-time transfer for folks that purchased FSD and have yet to see it come to fruition.

I can understand the decision to tie FSD license to the car vs the person--I don't think folks would be happy if FSD came with a perpetual, transferrable license. I do, however, think Tesla should allow a one-time transfer for folks that purchased FSD and have yet to see it come to fruition.
Has anyone noticed what FSD adds to the trade-in value of the car? It quite the pricey option, like carbon-ceramic brakes on a Porsche. You would hope that value transfers to some degree

Can guys with reservation numbers RN114[6-7]xxx update the sheet with current delivery ETA? For the first time, I got a data range July 17-24 but VIN not assigned yet. I don't want to get too excited without seeing VIN number in the profile.
I’m 11471 ordered 3/28. LR, 21” Blue/Black. EDD wavers between blank and August. Currently blank. Spreadsheet is updated.

"I never lied to you, until I lied to myself". Bryan Duncan

No one tells a lie better than someone who believes it to be the truth. That, is elon's problem. He truly believes. Again and again, he believes!

They knew they had squat and the videos did not represent anything they could even offer to a customer. That's not wishful thinking that's deception. No where did any Tesla anyone explain the FSD videos were just what they'd *like* FSD to eventually become (illustrative purposes only).

I'm sick of Tesla apologists trying to deceive everyone how badly Tesla lied about FSD and how they've continued those lies through 5 long years.

Essentially this is what the subscription service will be. It will just likely cost more depending on how long you tend to keep a car.

Reactions: HumanInput