Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it absolutely is for 98% of buyers. I am one of those performance freaks that does see the value in the Plaid. I had two Plaid orders and a Plaid + order and fully expected to take delivery of a Plaid before my LR. It turned out that Tesla fulfilled my LR order first.

I am very impressed with the performance of the LR and it has exceeded my expectations on all fronts except the initial kick off the line. I think I have been pretty clear about this. It is pretty evident that Tesla is severely limiting the car off the line. I’m still quite happy with the car and the performance equals or betters my previous performance S in all aspects except the initial launch. If Tesla decides to offer an acceleration boost to unlock this added performance, I’m all in. If not, I think I can survive driving a car that takes a full 3 seconds to get to 60.
Yeah I think that the Plaid will need to be doing 1.8 second 0-60s, 8s in the quarter mile, and making 1100+ hp before Tesla will boost the LR.

Reactions: DukeofURL
I think it absolutely is for 98% of buyers. I am one of those performance freaks that does see the value in the Plaid. I had two Plaid orders and a Plaid + order and fully expected to take delivery of a Plaid before my LR. It turned out that Tesla fulfilled my LR order first.

I am very impressed with the performance of the LR and it has exceeded my expectations on all fronts except the initial kick off the line. I think I have been pretty clear about this. It is pretty evident that Tesla is severely limiting the car off the line. I’m still quite happy with the car and the performance equals or betters my previous performance S in all aspects except the initial launch. If Tesla decides to offer an acceleration boost to unlock this added performance, I’m all in. If not, I think I can survive driving a car that takes a full 3 seconds to get to 60.
Agree 100% it was meant to be a joke. LR is very impressive and it is the better buy i must admit. Will need to try out the LR once available for testdrive here in Canada probably 2023 or so. 😂

Yep. Standard household outlet. Expect 4-5 miles/hour. I have a home charger but am on a trip right now. I'll likely Supercharge on the way back home. (180 miles or so) I went to a Supercharger on the way up and spent 20 minutes talking to other Tesla owners, letting them check out the interior, take pics, etc. I will say that range definitely depends on driving style. Zooming up to 120mph on the highway regularly depletes range very noticeably.
Having the 120V outlet upgraded from a 5-15 to a 5-20 often costs very little but increases charging speed by almost 40% with the pigtail available on the Tesla accessories site.

I use the 5-20 adapter at camp sites and it makes life on 120V far more tolerable. The amperage goes from 12 to 16 but because of the charging overhead the actual charging MPH improvement is greater.

Just wanted to let people know: I had an 8 in sub with a 500 watt dedicated amp in the rear added and it makes a world of difference in the sound. Sounds more like my m3p now, but with more bass. Also got a radar detector installed because it’s physically impossible to go the speed limit unlike my Prius which is physically impossible to exceed the speed limit lol. (I put it in the rear lower trunk and it is easily removable.)
I wanna hear more about how you did this. Can you private message me? I’d PM you but for some reason, can’t figure out how to do that 😬

Hi. My delivery date went from June to August and now blank. What does that mean? LR ordered April 4.
Welcome to the fun world of " you live in CA so sit back and watch people with higher RNs get delivered before you because they're on the east coast." If you didn't get delivery of your car at the end of Q2, it's looking like we're going to be the end of Q3 in CA.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Welcome to the fun world of " you live in CA so sit back and watch people with higher RNs get delivered before you because they're on the east coast." If you didn't get delivery of your car at the end of Q2, it's looking like we're going to be the end of Q3 in CA.
I know that's been true in previous delivery cycles. Is there any reason to think that's true now since they are still filling initial orders in the US?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Since the 19" wheels are the standard wheels on the refresh, it wouldn't make sense for Tesla to load up the 50 car haulers with only 21" and just ignore all the 19" reservation holders. That would certainly be a ridiculous move.
The situation is definitely strange considering not one refresh (we think) has been delivered with 19" wheels. Even though none of us know the true reason, it seems to be something more than just the color change but idk.
Has anyone with 19" received a VIN? I know we have a spreadsheet but I don't think it has been used lately, I see only a dozen entries from 2021...

Thought I'd share this garbage with you guys. This isn't anything different than the junk you guys have seen. I'm not bothered by the context of the text... In fact, it seems par for the course. The part that bothers me are the dates. Notice the timestamps of the two texts i sent. Their response was today. Absolute garbage. View attachment 682624
Looks like a canned auto Bot response to me. Sad. 😒

Reactions: Ramphex
lol let it go. There are no facts to share about the test drive firmware *sugar*. I already said I might be speculating real hard here and it could just be an error on my part that a test drive P3D felt quicker than my car. You guys do know I am sour and will continue to talk smack until I get my car right?
Now not all of my qualms with Tesla are speculations because tesla does a lot of things to piss off customers and right now I am on the receiving end of that *sugar* like many others here. I am just not great at dealing with it all and am dealing with it the best way possible, by poking fun at people who take out their pitchforks every time someone says a word against Tesla 😂
So **** Tesla until I get my car ;)
I can just picture Elon & Franz standing up and saying to you in tandem..."NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT!!!!" 😜

That is an astounding difference between the P100D, and the Model S Plaid! Love it!😜
I'm pleasantly surprised to see how much quicker the plaid is compared to the P100D below 60mph. As a prior P100D owner, the car did 0-60 in 2.5 and was untouchable. The way the Plaid just walks the P100D like it's an average car is so impressive.