Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O

not many i know only the Kawasaki H2R which is faster.

H2R has two problems, it takes a very talented rider to extract 100% of its potential. It’s still slower.

Attachments

• 9A5E7B06-0EC9-40C1-9D18-B0811B0A8D14.png
    9A5E7B06-0EC9-40C1-9D18-B0811B0A8D14.png
    621.1 KB · Views: 87
O

not many i know only the Kawasaki H2R which is faster.

Bikes like the H2R are very traction limited at launch trying to put well over 200hp thru the one tire. Hence the 9.76 1/4 mile time but trapping at 164 mph. 0-180mph is just under 12 seconds. You don’t have to be crazy to ride one of these, but it helps.

I know this has been addressed before - but I can't seem to find an easy answer in the 2440 pages here...
How do you remove the front license plate holder? (Gonna take my chances in Cali and try the dashboard trick like @omarsultan does when I'm in the city)

My local Tesla will not remove it (I asked today) and I spent way too much time searching through the TMC forums and YouTube for a good instructional video. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a simplified step-by-step for the refresh. I saw some doodad suggested by @rpan25, but Amazon is sold out of that. And I wouldn't even really know what to do with it anyway.

Can someone help a sister out? KISS -- "keep it simple, sillybear" -- with easy to follow step-by-step? Photos or video links would be absolutely marvelous. THANKS in advance!

I know this has been addressed before - but I can't seem to find an easy answer in the 2440 pages here...
How do you remove the front license plate holder? (Gonna take my chances in Cali and try the dashboard trick like @omarsultan does when I'm in the city)

My local Tesla will not remove it (I asked today) and I spent way too much time searching through the TMC forums and YouTube for a good instructional video. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a simplified step-by-step for the refresh. I saw some doodad suggested by @rpan25, but Amazon is sold out of that. And I wouldn't even really know what to do with it anyway.

Can someone help a sister out? KISS -- "keep it simple, sillybear" -- with easy to follow step-by-step? Photos or video links would be absolutely marvelous. THANKS in advance!
hairdryer/heat gun and pull its held on by double-sided tape. Someone from the previous post said they just pulled it off on a hot day making sure the bumper doesn't overbend.

hairdryer/heat gun and pull its held on by double-sided tape. Someone from the previous post said they just pulled it off on a hot day making sure the bumper doesn't overbend.
This ^

But take off face plate 1st. Sits on 3 bolts then just pull it off.

I saw a video on YouTube how someone taking it off. Don’t ask for a link, I watch everything that has word “plaid” now and won’t be able to find it 🤣

I did it in about 10 minutes. I didn't unscrew anything. I just parked it in the sun when I got home and slowly worked my way from one corner to the other and it came right off. I then finger rolled the adhesive off and used a microfiber cloth with some quick detailer to make it look perfect.

Greg

I understand it's fairly simple to remove and takes a few minutes for anyone to do, but seriously, I do not understand why all Tesla Service Ctr's refuse to do this after we spend > $100k (and some of us > $146k) on a vehicle that has that stupid front plate holder in a state that does not require it? I mean they can fix just about anything on any Tesla vehicle BUT won't remove the front license plate holder? Really...WTF??? Again, not one to complain much anymore about Tesla (as a company and its policies and business practices) but this is simply PISS POOR Customer Service! 🤬 Can anyone imagine a MB or Porsche dealership saying, "um sorry, no we don't do that; you'll just have to get on your hands and knees and rip it off yourself sir"...to the 74 year old who just spent $180k on his Porsche 911T or MB S63 AMG. Yeah, um, no, I don't think so!