Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I generally agree with this when possible. What do you do when they forget to clear coat the door?

Anyways, I have a fisheye defect on the rear lid next to the license plate. The body shop said they would need to blend color coat into adjacent panels, and I told them I would rather just live with the fisheye defect. No point in extending non-factory paint onto multiple panels.

View attachment 683126

I generally agree with this when possible. What do you do when they forget to clear coat the door?

Anyways, I have a fisheye defect on the rear lid next to the license plate. The body shop said they would need to blend color coat into adjacent panels, and I told them I would rather just live with the fisheye defect. No point in extending non-factory paint onto multiple panels.

View attachment 683126
I have a similar dimple in my car. It’s not a fisheye or paint defect, it’s a panel issue. Like something pushed it from the interior side.

BTW, there’s no way possible a car would be made that the door clearcoat was forgotten. And I too would live with the current blemishes…it can be a Pandora’s box having those parts painted. And there’s no guarantee there will not be brand new blemishes.

We have the same config, not sure if yours is plaid, but same otherwise except I will buy FSD. I was a Plaid+>Plaid convert
Im out of burbank too!
I would be getting $2k for Plaid + FSD price as well.
I still have no VIN. 😭
I converted to 21" on the June 30th.
I really hope I get my car before August, I sold my daily driver 85D and it leaves my hands monday.

Edit....wait, are you CF or wood?

oh my bad for not being clear, it is a LR.

Chrome delete handles?
He didn't like his black Tesla door handles so used "Bumper Plugs" to color match (for the MSM) an overlay on his door handles. Makes sense, but at least on the white MS Plaid/LR, I think the black handles look great with the black trim everywhere. So, I'm keeping mine black. Got to wonder though...will the overlay start to peel after a while of constantly grabbing the handles?

I have a question that I’m sure already been asked before but I can’t find it. If I remove the FSD option from my plaid built would that be like making a new order and update me to the new pricing ?
Also if it is a option for me to remove and opt for the monthly subscription would it be better to keep FSD or just go with the month plan because I only plan on keeping for 2-3 months also does any one know pricing on the subscription? Thanks in advance

Your car looks amazing. Congrats!

I have no issues with the front sensors, but my shop specializes in Tesla’s and knows how to wrap it without interference. I believe they cut around the sensors, but you can’t tell where the PPF stops. Should be an easy fix.
The shop where I went specializes in Tesla as well and I was told that they leave it on for a cleaner look. Never had issues is what I was told.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
He didn't like his black Tesla door handles so used "Bumper Plugs" to color match (for the MSM) an overlay on his door handles. Makes sense, but at least on the white MS Plaid/LR, I think the black handles look great with the black trim everywhere. So, I'm keeping mine black. Got to wonder though...will the overlay start to peel after a while of constantly grabbing the handles?
Gator ~~ knowing me, I will make my door handles CHROME ;)

I have a question that I’m sure already been asked before but I can’t find it. If I remove the FSD option from my plaid built would that be like making a new order and update me to the new pricing ?
Also if it is a option for me to remove and opt for the monthly subscription would it be better to keep FSD or just go with the month plan because I only plan on keeping for 2-3 months also does any one know pricing on the subscription? Thanks in advance
Grasshopper. you so new and so much to learn.

Is that supposed to be before and after pics? The handles look black in both.

Thanks to parksdetailing and bumperplugs for the the chrome delete handles. She gone is beautiful.

First off, beautiful car and it's sooo shiny! Love the MSM color, so clean, striking, and yet subtle.

One thing I noticed though, there seems to be an uneven gap around the headlamp or is that just an angle thing?

1625885241962.png

BTW, there’s no way possible a car would be made that the door clearcoat was forgotten.
Okay, but I have a door that can prove you wrong. I don’t know if the door originally had a clear coat, suffered from a catastrophic error in the painting process or got damaged from shipping. It doesn’t really matter where the defect came from in the process. The point is I have a door that is missing clear coat on an 8” square section of the door. Having this repaired is not optional.

Edit: By the way - my service advisors response to this was surprising. I told him I guess this was a result of the EOQ push. He looks at me and says “I’ve seen a lot worse, to be honest with you.” Then he proceeded to laugh hysterically.
1625885382992.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, but I have a door that can prove you wrong. I don’t know if the door originally had a clear coat, suffered from a catastrophic error in the painting process or got damaged from shipping. It doesn’t really matter where the defect came from in the process. The point is I have a door that is missing clear coat on an 8” square section of the door. Having this repaired is not optional.

View attachment 683133
Wow, yeah there's no way I'd just live with that. They need to fix it.

Oh, I forgot to let you know guys. I went to temporary parking lot today again next to my DC which I have visited last saturday and there were 3 refreshed S's. One blue plaid and 2 LR.

Today there are 4 different cars. 3 Plaid's and one LR, not the same which I have seen a week ago. All with 21" but one Plaid was with CF and Cream interior.

That means they are deffinatley delivering cars.

Oh, I forgot to let you know guys. I went to temporary parking lot today again next to my DC which I have visited last saturday and there were 3 refreshed S's. One blue plaid and 2 LR.

Today there are 4 different cars. 3 Plaid's and one LR, not the same which I have seen a week ago. All with 21" but one Plaid was with CF and Cream interior.

That means they are deffinatley delivering cars.
They definitely are delivering cars and lots of them! I see quite a few LR's and Plaid's in the Dallas area.