Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My membership in the Blank Club has come to an end. It’s been around 30-days since my Estimated Delivery changed from June to Blank. 30-Days of laughter, tears, anticipation, anxiety, and friendships formed with my fellow “blankies” in the cruel Groundhogs day that is having a blank date.

To all those who are still members, be proud of your blankness. It is part of who you are. Embrace the emptiness. Though I may now have a date range now, my heart will always be blank with you guys in solidarity.

With that, I say good bye to the Blank Clubs and hello to the July 24-August 07 club. Does anyone know where the coffee and donuts are?
Congrats!! Red/ CF/21 orders getting EDD omg
Still no love for 19s. Blank (day 14) 😢
Edit: called SC to check status. “You don’t have a VIN yet” lmao

Last edited:
Congrats!! Red/ CF/21 orders getting EDD omg
Still no love for 19s. Blank (day 14) 😢
Edit: called SC to check status. “You don’t have a VIN yet” lmao
Yep, confirms what my contact at Tesla said regarding CF trim no longer being an issue.
I noticed a LR reservation holder with 19” wheels got a VIN in the other thread, will see if I can link to it.

I am a Plaid+ convert to Plaid (ordered on Battery Day). I have been stuck on July for more than two weeks now. But, as I have seen others say here, it appears my config is rarest of unicorns (see signature below). I left a message for the contact I have with the Loyalty Program with no call back. I then texted that same contact two days ago with no response. Carvana is picking up the old 2012 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec today. At least there will be a spot for the car when it finally arrives.

I am a Plaid+ convert to Plaid (ordered on Battery Day). I have been stuck on July for more than two weeks now. But, as I have seen others say here, it appears my config is rarest of unicorns (see signature below). I left a message for the contact I have with the Loyalty Program with no call back. I then texted that same contact two days ago with no response. Carvana is picking up the old 2012 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec today. At least there will be a spot for the car when it finally arrives.
Welcome to the Plaid+ converted waiting lounge. Where the customers willing to pay the most get to wait the longest. 😤

seems we are all “July” which is a secret code for October

Welcome to the Plaid+ converted waiting lounge. Where the customers willing to pay the most get to wait the longest. 😤

At least you guys have something estimated, mine has been blank for a couple of weeks now.
But again, as my Tesla contact mentioned, these estimates don’t really mean anything until a VIN is assigned.

I took the car to a high end detail, PPF, and tint shop for paint correction and ceramic coating. These guys work on paint all day long. They were able to remove all of the deep sanding scratches that the car was delivered with, but informed me about the lack of clear coat. Said I needed to get the car to a body shop ASAP. The paint is dull and rough to the touch. Feels like a chalkboard even after a 3 stage paint correction. Unfortunately, there is no clear coat. I certainly wish there was after hearing your analysis of needing a full base coat and blending.

View attachment 683150
I'm so confused. If the paint is this bad on the car is Tesla paying for this correction? I can't believe on this priced car they can get away with this. Did they offer to fix or were you impatient and wanted to do yourself?

At least you guys have something estimated, mine has been blank for a couple of weeks now.
But again, as my Tesla contact mentioned, these estimates don’t really mean anything until a VIN is assigned.
Prob they sort by order date not RN. Which puts us Plaid+ converts in mid June. Other mid June orders are September, end of quarter. July EDD is probably a scripting error based on RN which is left over from the battery day order.

To be fair, Plaid+ was slated to be delivered no earlier than 2022. With recent changes there have been a number of Plaid+ orders that received theirs before Plaid orders placed before or around the same time.

You just need to ask your SA for your cars production date and they will give you an exact day.
The only problem with that is we don't know when Tesla considers it complete. They can say the car was "completed" once they get all the parts they need (ie 19's), and then that completed date becomes your "build date". My guess is Tesla is not going to let anyone know if their car has been sitting on a lot for months.

Just woke up to my very first specific date range, July 28-August 11. I don't even have a charger yet, because only one electrician was below $2500, and he hasn't given me a firm date yet. Looks like I need to get off my butt, call that electrician, and finally file for financing. Before I do any of that, I'll give this date range a few days to vanish.

It’s actually, typically, a good thing. Especially given your order date.
I like your positivity, I hope you’re right. It had shown July for about a month so with it finally changing at least I know Tesla’s system is still aware of my order and it hasn’t fallen into the void.

To be fair, Plaid+ was slated to be delivered no earlier than 2022. With recent changes there have been a number of Plaid+ orders that received theirs before Plaid orders placed before or around the same time.
Based on my crappy research, Plaid+ folks that got their Plaid- were end of quarter hail Mary’s willing to change their order to existing inventory. Or already had a match.

my friend down the street got a call to change his order to wood, black to expedite his order EOQ. He turned it down. So there was definitely some Farming going on.

Last edited:

seems we are all “July” which is a secret code for Oct

Prob they sort by order date not RN. Which puts us Plaid+ converts in mid June. Other mid June orders are September, end of quarter. July EDD is probably a scripting error based on RN which is left over from the battery day order.
they should have a new standard for Expected Delivery... "Two Weeks"

I'm so confused. If the paint is this bad on the car is Tesla paying for this correction? I can't believe on this priced car they can get away with this. Did they offer to fix or were you impatient and wanted to do yourself?

I was still out of town during this whole process and accepted delivery of the car sight unseen. I received some pictures of the problem the next morning after my 11:00 pm delivery on the 30th. I was impatient and wanted to see how serious the problem was and if it could be fixed without going to a body shop. The detail shop was already scheduled to do tint, PPF, and a paint correction as part of my ceramic coating process. When they discovered this paint defect they told me to take the car back to Tesla.

The detail shop hasn’t charged me anything yet for the paint correction or ceramic because they needed to stop the process. They instructed me to have the car repaired by Tesla and then return for completion of the ceramic coating.