Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jim, are you Bethesda SC, or Owings Mills? I'm a bit tilted that I haven't been able to do better than "August" given my order date and the rash of VINs and EDD windows coming in lately. Sadly, I'm at Owings Mills, so I'm guessing this is partly a question of how much volume they're doing, and I'm betting it's a lot less than Bethesda.
I haven’t seen that anyone is picking up at Owings Mills. Most of the MD TMC members I’ve seen are all picking up in Rockville at the SC.

For what it’s worth I like the team at Owings Mills. I think your holdup is probably just the white interior.

I’m astounded at the number of folks who have been waiting 6-9 months for delivery. And I’m astounded by the number of posters who have waited 1-2 months who are complaining. Those who have waited longest seem the most patient.

I want my car as much as anyone but I truly hope that those who have waited longer than me get theirs‘ first.
They are in different stages of “grief.” The 6-9 month folks are closer to acceptance.

Hope you all don't mind me posting this video I just think these videos are funny.

Honestly, I don’t really understand these 0-60 reaction videos. The previous Performance Model S Raven could achieve similar 0-60 times. There are lots of examples of the Raven doing 2.2 or 2.3 0-60 runs. This is nothing new! The Plaid is traction limited to 60. The real shock should come from the 60 to 150+ MPH portion of the run.

Honestly, I don’t really understand these 0-60 reaction videos. The previous Performance Model S Raven could achieve similar 0-60 times. There are lots of examples of the Raven doing 2.2 or 2.3 0-60 runs. This is nothing new! The Plaid is traction limited to 60. The real shock should come from the 60 to 150+ MPH portion of the run.

I think this is all for show. Clearly this one was anyways.

Simple: 99% of people have never experienced driving any vehicle that can launch with such g-force and do 0-60mph < 3.0 sec, let alone 2.0-2.2 sec! :cool: But I do agree with you on the 60-150mph pull & time.

Guys so after having June EDD all June I have been blank since then on my Plaid red/white/21/wood.
I called my SA to see if I could switch to CF as at this point idgaf when I get the car. I don’t expect to get my car till August/sept even without changing anything. I like the look of CF personally.
I was told if I made any change I would have to pay the 10K price difference. Did any of you experience this? Has anyone made any changes like wheels or interior without having to pay the price increase?
I feel it’s wrong for them to ask extra 10K when we actually ordered our cars months ago before price change and this is not changing trim or a new order… it’s just changing wood to CF which is 0 cost and car isn’t even in production right now… is there anyone who was able to make change without having to pay 10K?

Guys so after having June EDD all June I have been blank since then on my Plaid red/white/21/wood.
I called my SA to see if I could switch to CF as at this point idgaf when I get the car. I don’t expect to get my car till August/sept even without changing anything. I like the look of CF personally.
I was told if I made any change I would have to pay the 10K price difference. Did any of you experience this? Has anyone made any changes like wheels or interior without having to pay the price increase?
I feel it’s wrong for them to ask extra 10K when we actually ordered our cars months ago before price change and this is not changing trim or a new order… it’s just changing wood to CF which is 0 cost and car isn’t even in production right now… is there anyone who was able to make change without having to pay 10K?
Before EOQ, all changes had to be made via them “opening a case” to get an option changed. Tesla’s policy is that any change results in current pricing, but I think they were granting exceptions in order to squeeze cars out before EOQ. Now, I’m not saying to trust your SA (as they rarely know better than us, who obsess in sharing information lol), but it makes sense they wouldn’t grant more exceptions to policy as they’re no longer going to benefit from it.

Of course, this is just my take on it, but feel free to attempt to escalate and see if you get anything different.

DUKEofURL said: "Before EOQ, all changes had to be made via them “opening a case” to get an option changed. Tesla’s policy is that any change results in current pricing, but I think they were granting exceptions in order to squeeze cars out before EOQ. Now, I’m not saying to trust your SA (as they rarely know better than us, who obsess in sharing information lol), but it makes sense they wouldn’t grant more exceptions to policy as they’re no longer going to benefit from it"

But Tesla could call me and offer an upgrade to 21" wheels. I might get my January 15th LR order sooner than waiting for 19's. I'll pay the $4500 extra. SA's no help cause of 2K discount, recent 5k increase, and position in Q

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
He has another recent video that’s shows the process of dipping the wheels and emblems. Fonzie makes it look easy.
I used to follow him and tried to plastidip my emblems and chrome delete on my M3P and it turned into a huge mess. Overspray in all the nooks and crannies even though I thought I had everything taped up... switch back to doing Vinyl. Plastidip is super hard to remove if it's not a huge mass

There's no inventory to test drive.

When I picked up my Plaid, I was chatting with the SA and he said that they don't expect a refresh test drive car until probably early 2022 or so due to inventory, and even the used MS are immediately snapped up so it's not worth keeping around.

No test drives’til early 2022?! 😳

Seems excessive (and unlikely).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid