Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you're ahead of me. i bought my charger the day or so after i placed my order - the box is really nice! meanwhile, I read somewhere (maybe differing locations have differing codes) but I don't see a high voltage shut off by your charger (like my air conditioner compressors have) - not sure if I'll be getting one of those if/when they ever install the 60 amp service.
The box is super nice lol. Not sure on electrical specs. I found a good man, super communicative, customer focused and touts putting in a hundred Tesla chargers. I made sure he pulled a permit so I’ll have an inspection any day now too. I was spooked by all the folks saying the Tesla recommended electricians all over charge. After getting 3 quotes from local, recommended electricians (+ one that was actually Tesla recommended and was expensive) that were too smart to follow the Tesla install specs (I sent each the install manual), he was best priced and whacked it out in 2 hours using full copper, 6 gauge, 60 amp, and running it all about 40 feet. My new go to guy for anything electrical now!
I ordered the car in late May and bought the charger mid June. I’ve been admiring the box a while as well! 🤣

I’m not sure what email you are referring to. I received a VIN in my account and never received any notification from Tesla. I called my SA a couple of days later and scheduled delivery over the phone. I’m sure if I was waiting to get an email, I’d probably still be waiting.
Welp, I'm really glad you mentioned this. I decided to call again.

My car arrived today!!

The gentleman said it's going through quality inspection and if they finish tonight, I can pick it up tomorrow but delivery is officially scheduled for Wednesday at 2pm!

Not to prolong a dumb argument, but hey I'm dumb too, so: I like the fun touches on these cars. "Emissions testing" and spaceballs references and all. When I was younger I took life too seriously and now after more than a decade of parenting I'm ready to be more goofy. Don't worry, if you really need your car to be So Very Serious I'm sure Audi or Mercedes will get something good enough for you eventually.

One thing about being/making the best is you get to throw tradition to the wind. Very "new money" I guess. To each his or her own.

@Psbeattie Here is a pic - no tapeworm.

1626130509991.png

Wait, what's a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4? Oh wait, I think I remember, back when I just graduated UF in 1992, my brother had a Dodge Stealth twin turbo...it was a fun and neat looking car for 1992's standards anyhow. And the Mitsubishi was the Stealth's twin. Uh okay, but it's 2021...why are we talking about 29 year old cars again? Surely, any real "car enthusiast" who owned and drove a '92 vehicle must have also had many vehicles since then right? I mean it's 29 years...almost 3 decades right? What kind of cheapskate drives a 29 year old car (and still thinks it's still cool)? Wait, did that even have dual airbags or just the driver airbag? Did it have a CD player or just the am/fm radio?
While not a 29 year old car, I love my 08 M5, and to me it’s still cool. A naturally aspirated V10 engine, a clunky single clutch automated transmission!
I can take the engine apart and put it back together with my eyes closed.

Im sitting here studying the tracker sheet. Looks like no one on there has taken a delivery from a plaid + conversion....

....so my question to all of you: Has any of you taken delivery after converting to Plaid from Plaid + after it was cancelled on June 6th?
Not me.
My theory is we are in line with folks that placed new orders mid June. Our early RN from battery day means jack.

So a June order means you get a car August/September unless there are more delays.

currently my EDD is July which is likely a script error looking at my RN priority which is effectively reset as of June 19.

There are EOQ exceptions where folks had matching inventory and got a car, or got a call to switch to something they could move in time to recognize revenue.

Im sitting here studying the tracker sheet. Looks like no one on there has taken a delivery from a plaid + conversion....

....so my question to all of you: Has any of you taken delivery after converting to Plaid from Plaid + after it was cancelled on June 6th?
I canceled my plaid+ and took delivery of my plaid. But then I had put 19" wheels on the plaid+ so that would have been a confound.

Why crush the innovation that Tesla brings by not being a traditional company. At first I thought why make a car fart that is stupid but I saw that it did not detract from anything (other than @sflgator quality of life apparently). The company is unorthodox and the CEO is on the spectrum - who cares??

I bet if the car did not fart it would not do 2 seconds. Those two types of genius walk together.

Got the call that my model S arrived in Plano, exterior checked out however one trim defect on the interior which the replacement part needs to be shipped out (which could take 5 business days) potentially delaying delivery few days. They would not release it and let me bring it back in when the part arrives either. Uncomfortable position as I had to remove my car and add the tesla to insurance, make final payment, and send in my trade in paperwork since I live in Texas. The advisor called back and they will try and expedite the part. Should I make another run at getting the car before the replacement part arrives?

Why crush the innovation that Tesla brings by not being a traditional company. At first I thought why make a car fart that is stupid but I saw that it did not detract from anything (other than @sflgator quality of life apparently). The company is unorthodox and the CEO is on the spectrum - who cares??

I bet if the car did not fart it would not do 2 seconds. Those two types of genius walk together.
AMEN! The reason many of you guys are still with this company is the innovation, and the buying experience. So many of you guys have been wronged by dealerships, and are enamored with the idea of not having to sit at your salesman's beck and call, and be there for hours. No other large company has ever sold direct to consumers. McLaren did it briefly with the F1 back in the 90s, but no one else.
My point is, Tesla does things that no other manufacturer does. Startups like Lucid and Rivian are going to sell direct, and that's because Tesla’s method WORKED. This is just one of things that makes Tesla unique. They, and Elon, are willing to try things that no other manufacturer have accomplished. Yes the company is unorthodox, but that's the magic of Tesla.

Nope, still waiting…thinking in my case though it has more with ordering 19s instead of 21s as opposed to being a plaid+ convert

Reactions: EndlessPlaid