Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all that give me a thumbs-down on my comment here...whatever, it's fine...to each, his/her own but sorry, I personally think it's all just plain strange and kid-ish. Personally, I would rather just have the moniker like Model S Performance or Model S P Tri-Motor and instead of "Cheetah Mode," why not just leave at "Launch Mode?" Everyone knows what it does by warming the batteries to optimum temp & lowering the vehicle down for a lower center of gravity and better traction for the best launch from 0. Just saying. Okay, you all can keep giving me more thumbs-downs here...it's cool...don't care, lol! I know there are many, even millions of folks who love these immature things...fart noises coming from the car, "Cheetah mode," "Plaid" or "Ludicrous Mode" but again, all these things were dreamed up by Elon whom, as we all know, yes he's a true genius but he's also on the spectrum and a bit childish, no?

So funny to see the disagreements here...shows exactly who the Tesla fanbois are; I mean yes the Tesla MS Plaid will be my first Tesla (maybe my last, jury is still out on that based on this entire ordering/delivery experience but perhaps I'll love the Plaid so much, I'll replace it with another Tesla...who knows but damn straight I'll be looking at Lucid, MB AMG, Porsche/Audi and others in 2-4 years). But it's funny to see just how many people think Elon's childish monikers, childish features (e.g. "open butthole" and fart noises for the car horn) and names for specific features in these cars are "cool" rather than odd and kid-ish. IDK, maybe my 52-year old brain is acting like an old-fart now, but I really do think these things are simply childish and geeky. Not cool to me; just lame and oddball. 😜
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional. Isn’t it actually Drag Strip Mode and Cheetah Stance? 🤣

Im sitting here studying the tracker sheet. Looks like no one on there has taken a delivery from a plaid + conversion....

....so my question to all of you: Has any of you taken delivery after converting to Plaid from Plaid + after it was cancelled on June 6th?
Not I. But my configuration may be the issue.

MSM 21 White CF FSD

No rush on my part. I’m enjoying the videos and reading about all my happy fellow TMC members getting theirs!

All of us in NJ should meet up and have a drink.
It is a crazy process. 2/8 order and I just can’t wrap my head around how they can deliver cars out of order like that. What I the point in giving an order if you as an organization are not going to follow that order. I get regionally it is going to be a little different as product becomes available but this is freaking crazy. I don’t even care I would switch to the 21s if it meant I could get this car sooner but the people in Princeton told me not to switch.
Def need a drink over this process

To all that give me a thumbs-down on my comment here...whatever, it's fine...to each, his/her own but sorry, I personally think it's all just plain strange and kid-ish. Personally, I would rather just have the moniker like Model S Performance or Model S P Tri-Motor and instead of "Cheetah Mode," why not just leave at "Launch Mode?" Everyone knows what it does by warming the batteries to optimum temp & lowering the vehicle down for a lower center of gravity and better traction for the best launch from 0. Just saying. Okay, you all can keep giving me more thumbs-downs here...it's cool...don't care, lol! I know there are many, even millions of folks who love these immature things...fart noises coming from the car, "Cheetah mode," "Plaid" or "Ludicrous Mode" but again, all these things were dreamed up by Elon whom, as we all know, yes he's a true genius but he's also on the spectrum and a bit childish, no?

So funny to see the disagreements here...shows exactly who the Tesla fanbois are; I mean yes the Tesla MS Plaid will be my first Tesla (maybe my last, jury is still out on that based on this entire ordering/delivery experience but perhaps I'll love the Plaid so much, I'll replace it with another Tesla...who knows but damn straight I'll be looking at Lucid, MB AMG, Porsche/Audi and others in 2-4 years). But it's funny to see just how many people think Elon's childish monikers, childish features (e.g. "open butthole" and fart noises for the car horn) and names for specific features in these cars are "cool" rather than odd and kid-ish. IDK, maybe my 52-year old brain is acting like an old-fart now, but I really do think these things are simply childish and geeky. Not cool to me; just lame and oddball. 😜
I am new to this forum. I can understand your position.

As a another guy that is 52, I am trying to avoid becoming an anachronism. I will try to provide less critique the first time around because that is all we get. Similarly, I cannot imagine paying to see a movie just so I can critique it. Rather, I will revel in Elon's irreverence and enjoy the ride.

No "thumbs down" from me.

Cheers

Damn you. Now I’m checking out every ‘T’. :)

Sweet. So they exist! And we can demand perfection if so inclined. I remember the old under the mirror mic casing had a similar worm. Thank goodness the Intrusion Alarm replacement did not. Was driving me nuts.

It would drive me nuts if my yoke had that worm. I am ocd about those items and would stare at while driving.

While not a 29 year old car, I love my 08 M5, and to me it’s still cool. A naturally aspirated V10 engine, a clunky single clutch automated transmission!
I can take the engine apart and put it back together with my eyes closed.
I had an 08 M5, loved that car. Now that I think of it, probably the only car I regret getting rid of…

just checked my yoke.
no airbag line.
everything smooth on left backside.

re delivery:
my SA was on vaca, my text to him with a pic of the car was news to him
i got a text from Tesla saying your car is ready for pickup schedule an appt by calling this # or texting back
i texted back, no response, called 30m later and scheduled the appt for the next day
YMMV

just checked my yoke.
no airbag line.
everything smooth on left backside.

re delivery:
my SA was on vaca, my text to him with a pic of the car was news to him
i got a text from Tesla saying your car is ready for pickup schedule an appt by calling this # or texting back
i texted back, no response, called 30m later and scheduled the appt for the next day
YMMV
An airbag burst seam would be straight witness line. The defect is not straight. It’s some type of blush or sticking partially in the mold, not ejecting properly.