Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One last word of advice - don't watch the stupid estimated mileage meter. Over time, it gets less and less accurate actually. The better measure is how many kWh you are using and how that maps to the % of the battery (also keep in mind it does not factor in HVAC/sentry mode, BMS needs, vampire drain, etc.).

My Model 3 would constantly jump from 300 to 310 to 280 to 290, etc. miles of available range. It's the car's guestimate and if you don't charge to 100% each night, it actually sort of forgets there is more room to spare lol. There are a bazillion threads on it.

So, yeah, just enjoy the car, because unless you plan on owning it for 10 years, you can do whatever you want to it, really. And it's actually incredibly difficult to calculate degradation, which is why most people have no real clue until wayyy into ownership, (10 years and 100K+ miles) and they start to see some loss. But you're very unlikely to get there.
So the computer mileage “estimates” are like Tesla’s delivery date estimates…. Got it

You’re right. Not just sketchy - period I wouldn’t drive them on snowice. That’s just me tho. AWD + PS4 isn’t undrivable in snow/ice (rwd another story, I attempted the old model PSS’ in a C63 on ice/snow once and the car literally didn’t move). Dry and wet - unbeatable street tire. Ice/snow in the picture? I’d get the AS4’s. Frequent ice/snow like a whole season of it, I’d get a proper winter tire setup, personally.

Texas, gets some bad rain and snow. I'm hoping for all seasons.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
One last word of advice - don't watch the stupid estimated mileage meter. Over time, it gets less and less accurate actually. The better measure is how many kWh you are using and how that maps to the % of the battery (also keep in mind it does not factor in HVAC/sentry mode, BMS needs, vampire drain, etc.).

My Model 3 would constantly jump from 300 to 310 to 280 to 290, etc. miles of available range. It's the car's guestimate and if you don't charge to 100% each night, it actually sort of forgets there is more room to spare lol. There are a bazillion threads on it.

So, yeah, just enjoy the car, because unless you plan on owning it for 10 years, you can do whatever you want to it, really. And it's actually incredibly difficult to calculate degradation, which is why most people have no real clue until wayyy into ownership, (10 years and 100K+ miles) and they start to see some loss. But you're very unlikely to get there.
Except there is no Energy app to see how many kWh you are using.

oh man! you sold your current ride! thats even more positive points :)
Honestly, I did not plan to sell it that fast. Just put it on a market to “try water” and one guy bought it in 4h 😂 he even came from CA to get it. I did not stop this process just because deal was so sweet. I got a car back in February of 2020, put on it 53k miles and sold 11k cheaper than I got it…

Better that, than the alternative of you trying to get out of a burning car while rolling down the street :)... oh wait! too soon?
Yes, I would agree, this is a better alternative. With that said, for a car that costs over $100k, probably shouldn’t have this issue so quickly. I also advised that if its a refurbished battery, they can keep the car, I will only accept a brand new battery.

Congrats on your first first internet forum. You do realize that all of the "polite" forums are simply overly policed by moderators. It gives a false sense of pleasantry, but it is also the most dishonest experience you can ever find.
As an admin on a financial forum, I must take umbrage with your characterization of boards like ours--where there is minimal moderation and 3500+ members manage to be civil and supportive 99.99% of the time. It's not "over-policing" that makes for a healthy forum, it's proper policing.

For those who recently installed the HPWC or are considering it (even if just for the coolness factor), I wanted to remind folks that there is a 30% federal tax credit for the cost and installation, and many local utilities have rebate programs for installing home EV chargers (in SoCal, for Tesla, the rebate is $250 or 50% off!). Just a reminder though, that the 30% federal tax credit is on the balance AFTER the rebate, but sure makes a difference on the installation cost!!!

one can only wonder: For persons who ordered before the $5k price hike: Is the inability to now upgrade to 21" wheels without incurring a total of $9500 cost, intended to to restrict persons from upgrading?
Just trying to understand the business decision behind it.
I don't feel like that is the intention, but who knows. Im sure Tesla would rather sell the higher margin cars that they have available (21s) rather than the 19s that they don't have. I think the price increase was inevitable (and honestly expect 1-2 more on the LR). It's always been policy that changes to the order update it to the current pricing.

one can only wonder: For persons who ordered before the $5k price hike: Is the inability to now upgrade to 21" wheels without incurring a total of $9500 cost, intended to to restrict persons from upgrading?
My guess - if they allowed people to freely change order configurations it makes supply chain and production forecasting more difficult. So they want to discourage it so they can properly plan On the basis that existing orders are stable.

They're essentially saying you should place a new order and pay 10k more to get the car early which is a bitch ass business model to say the least. I have no hope in Tesla delivering our cars in a timely manner, I can cut them some slack in this respect because the entire industry is struggling to deliver new cars. However, their business model and lack of communication is garbage. They still have not delivered a single 19" wheel Plaid and are now not even letting customers change the wheel size without the 10k price increase. Mind you most of the people who want their cars early have already sold or are about to sell their current cars and their loan app is about to expire. I am one of them and it's bullshit how Tesla is basically quiet about shitty business practices.

Not to mention, now there is already a lemon in this thread with a battery fail after about 100 miles. What a cluster **** this really is. If you are making only 100 Refresh S a week then at least ensure they're top notch quality. If panel gaps, veiny steering wheel and battery fails is what Tesla has to offer after making the customers wait without any communication then ****ing shame on them. What a load of crap.

I don't feel like that is the intention, but who knows. Im sure Tesla would rather sell the higher margin cars that they have available (21s) rather than the 19s that they don't have. I think the price increase was inevitable (and honestly expect 1-2 more on the LR). It's always been policy that changes to the order update it to the current pricing.
That is exactly the intention. I do not see any other reason for them not to let customers switch wheels especially when these customers are paying $4500 for the new set of wheels. Difference is Tesla would rather have you pay $14,500 than $4500. Simple as that

For those who recently installed the HPWC or are considering it (even if just for the coolness factor), I wanted to remind folks that there is a 30% federal tax credit for the cost and installation, and many local utilities have rebate programs for installing home EV chargers (in SoCal, for Tesla, the rebate is $250 or 50% off!). Just a reminder though, that the 30% federal tax credit is on the balance AFTER the rebate, but sure makes a difference on the installation cost!!!
I have seen two 11444 RNs on this page (2508), yours and one that already delivered, both SoCal. I know everyone is saying that the RNs don't mean much, but man, 11444 here, to pick up at Cathedral City. Just so much hope there.

Do you have a contact there? I sent them an email last week. Did not receive a reply.

Cheers

Need advice from all you sage, seasoned folk:

I now have a VIN! And instructions to make final payment (I'm paying cash) BUT my EDD was moved to August (from July 15-22.) Do I really transfer funds this early?? Cash flow is not an issue - I've had these monies socked away in a dedicated account for just this purpose but is there any other reason to not pay until I have a firmer delivery date??

For those who care:

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.02.52 AM.png

Need advice from all you sage, seasoned folk:

I now have a VIN! And instructions to make final payment (I'm paying cash in full) BUT my EDD was moved to August (from July 15-22.) Do I really transfer funds this early?? Cash flow is not an issue - I've had these monies socked away in a dedicated account for just this purpose but is there any other reason to not pay until I have a firmer delivery date??

For those who care:

View attachment 684123
Of course they want the money earlier, but you don't have to give it to them until you take delivery.