Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go.

8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.
I'm confused about the "weird split second hesitation." Have any other Plaid owner's experienced this ?

$450 for a ceramic coating ? That's an amazing price.
Congrats on the car.. Cheers

I'm confused about the "weird split second hesitation." Have any other Plaid owner's experienced this ?

SW bugs look like the culprit:
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.

I agree, it's super weird tbh

With the pic that @2021plaid reminded us of, looks like they broke something with the high voltage battery and then that may or may not have contaminated the battery coolant lol. The hell?

IDK makes you wanna push delivery just in case... I'm going to keep my eye on the gabeincal videos and see one those start moving. If it's around the time I get a VIN.

Idk idk.

With the pic that @2021plaid reminded us of, looks like they broke something with the high voltage battery and then that may or may not have contaminated the battery coolant lol. The hell?

IDK makes you wanna push delivery just in case... I'm going to keep my eye on the gabeincal videos and see one those start moving. If it's around the time I get a VIN.

Idk idk.
It will be interesting to see for sure. I wonder if those cars will end up going the test mule route, vs. being sold. It is Tesla though, so it's definitely more likely that they will ship them once they believe they are safe for customers.

It will be interesting to see for sure. I wonder if those cars will end up going the test mule route, vs. being sold. It is Tesla though, so it's definitely more likely that they will ship them once they believe they are safe for customers.
They might well be demo cars headed to dealerships all over the country. I hope so!

Well this is awkward…ordered this plate (March) before the Plaid+ was cancelled. Had to pick a plate to replace so original plan was to register this to my S75, then pay a double transfer to get the 75 back to it's specialized plate and move this to the Plaid(+). I asked AAA if there was a way to cancel a special plate and they suggested that I just turn down the plate when I get the notice to go pick it up. But instead they sent me the plate directly with new registration for my S75...

So...keep this as an inside joke and put it on my Plaid? Relinquish this plate and put something else on the Plaid? Suppose it could stand as a memorial to being an original Plaid+ reservation holder...What would you do?

14779CE9-AF44-493C-9231-D75EA1FD18E7.jpeg

Well this is awkward…ordered this plate (March) before the Plaid+ was cancelled. Had to pick a plate to replace so original plan was to register this to my S75, then pay a double transfer to get the 75 back to it's specialized plate and move this to the Plaid(+). I asked AAA if there was a way to cancel a special plate and they suggested that I just turn down the plate when I get the notice to go pick it up. But instead they sent me the plate directly with new registration for my S75...

So...keep this as an inside joke and put it on my Plaid? Relinquish this plate and put something else on the Plaid? Suppose it could stand as a memorial to being an original Plaid+ reservation holder...What would you do?

View attachment 684947
I would put it on the plaid.

View attachment 684947
Does that mean Pretty Lads? :p

Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

1) Exterior: exceeds my expectations. This car looks BADASS. a little wider and lower than my P100D I just traded in. The big fat wheels and tires look amazing.
2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go. I passed someone on the highway from 80 mph and I hit 125 pretty quickly. The yoke is a little weird there are some thing I like about it: It looks cool, It gives you more visibility, and Its very comfortable on the highway to rest your hand on the bottom (and that keeps autopilot happy that you are awake and alert). The lack of Stalks is weird but just in an hour getting home I was already pretty used to it. I bet in a week it will be a no brainer. Parking and tight turns is weird and Ive lost control of the wheel a few Times because I was expecting a place to grab and it just wasn't there. But Im adjusting. One other thing about flooring it....There is this amazing whirling hum you hear from the motors spooling up to a gazillion RPM and it sounds like a Jet engine sorta. Very cool.

Overall: They Nailed it with this car. Now the questions/concerns I have

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and Yokes are more ubiquitous this won't be a concern. But you would have to explain it to them now.
2) I can't figure out if you need to plug in a USB/Card reader for Sentry mode or is the memory built in? In my P100D you had to format an SSD to use that feature.
3)In my P100D I kept the suspension at the lowest. Are people doing that here?
4) I understand you can not turn off regenerative breaking but is there also no way to turn on Creep???
5)The spoiler is black Carbon Fiber. Its not body colored. I almost feel like my car was supposed to be a CF accented car and they converted it to Ebony and left the CF Spoiler on there. Its not that weird looking but I noticed for sure.
6) My kids tried using Youtube in the back and I got a loading screen (like its updating) and it sat like that forever. It didn't work.
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.
8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.

Im sure ill think of a few more things. But Ive only had the thing for a few hours.

I ordered Feb 2. It was worth the wait.
Sounds great! I don’t plan to ceramic coat my forthcoming MSLR lease. After 3 years they can have it back, scratches, water stains, rock chips and all. I’ll run it through the car wash and if I feel ambitious wax it..or not.
that’s one of the beauties of a lease. Just my .02. YMMV.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

The split second hesitation could be the teaction control kicking in. If he floored it around 70mph he was getting full 1000hp in an instant. Brand new tires might be a bit greasy and enough to get the traction control to cut on the fun a bit.