Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So should I just ignore the law and sign forms for anyone that asks? What do I get out of that other than risking my license and livelihood.
What are you risking? As I understand it, a patient complains that too much sunlight gives them headaches and based on their statements to you, you sign a form that says tinted windows would assist with symptom mitigation. Can you explain where you are at risk? How are you able to prove the person does not experience headaches from bright light?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Oh hey look, I noticed a change in my Tesla account!
(but it’s not related to my Plaid.. the section advertising solar is gone)
They can't deliver that either. The company that installed our (non-Tesla) solar system recently posted to their Facebook page that they were looking for alternatives to Tesla Wall batteries because Tesla has been stringing them along for so long that it's costing them business.

I got a VIN, I got a VIN, I got a VIN, hey hey hey hey!

Got an email late last night to review the approved loan offer (which had already been reviewed/approved maybe a month ago). I was shocked to see the VIN on the page with an updated estimated delivery date of July 29 - Aug 1! Some history: For the longest time my estimated date was June, then July, then Blank for like a month, then a week ago it changed to specific July-Aug dates that started the +1 day shuffle. Yesterday it was July 28 - Aug 5 and then last night it was updated to July 29 - Aug 1 with a VIN
Congats! I have the exact same config in SoCal. Plaid + conversion. No VIN nada for me. 😡

Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

1) Exterior: exceeds my expectations. This car looks BADASS. a little wider and lower than my P100D I just traded in. The big fat wheels and tires look amazing.
2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go. I passed someone on the highway from 80 mph and I hit 125 pretty quickly. The yoke is a little weird there are some thing I like about it: It looks cool, It gives you more visibility, and Its very comfortable on the highway to rest your hand on the bottom (and that keeps autopilot happy that you are awake and alert). The lack of Stalks is weird but just in an hour getting home I was already pretty used to it. I bet in a week it will be a no brainer. Parking and tight turns is weird and Ive lost control of the wheel a few Times because I was expecting a place to grab and it just wasn't there. But Im adjusting. One other thing about flooring it....There is this amazing whirling hum you hear from the motors spooling up to a gazillion RPM and it sounds like a Jet engine sorta. Very cool.

Overall: They Nailed it with this car. Now the questions/concerns I have

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and Yokes are more ubiquitous this won't be a concern. But you would have to explain it to them now.
2) I can't figure out if you need to plug in a USB/Card reader for Sentry mode or is the memory built in? In my P100D you had to format an SSD to use that feature.
3)In my P100D I kept the suspension at the lowest. Are people doing that here?
4) I understand you can not turn off regenerative breaking but is there also no way to turn on Creep???
5)The spoiler is black Carbon Fiber. Its not body colored. I almost feel like my car was supposed to be a CF accented car and they converted it to Ebony and left the CF Spoiler on there. Its not that weird looking but I noticed for sure.
6) My kids tried using Youtube in the back and I got a loading screen (like its updating) and it sat like that forever. It didn't work.
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.
8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.

Im sure ill think of a few more things. But Ive only had the thing for a few hours.

I ordered Feb 2. It was worth the wait.
Congrats! No reason to pay for ceramic coating if you don’t plan to buy the car after the lease. I did that on my first Model X lease and regretted it. On my second lease the only thing I paid for was tint as that’s just a requirement for any car I drive.

Congrats! No reason to pay for ceramic coating if you don’t plan to buy the car after the lease. I did that on my first Model X lease and regretted it. On my second lease the only thing I paid for was tint as that’s just a requirement for any car I drive.
Can’t stress this enough to people that lease. If you dont know if you will buy it out don’t do anything extra. You just don’t get that money back at all. However I can respect people who do tho, while you have it it’s clean and easier to wash, etc.

Murphy's Law of Tesla.......

I have a delivery date that is slowly narrowing - 7/29 - 8/6..... The EXACT dates i will be out of town. How does one handle this scenario? Can i send a proxy if i handle all the paperwork ahead of time?
Someone else posted that you could, you just have to trust them with your Tesla login.

If it is also your thing to checklist the car, you would want to provide them with that and trust their judgement. The running time seems to be 24 hours after delivery is when you can report things.

Today “July” shows up. Now I’m worried it’s one of those weird cars with a kitty cat Mulroney or by the railroad tracks on Gabe’s videos.
Fremont Temp Lot Speculation < seems there is now a thread for this. I shared my guess in there. TLDR:
fleet / marketing vehicles, estimated movement in August. Anyone who gets a VIN around august is going to lose it. But just ask for the build date and check the first three digits of the last six are 435 or higher.

Last edited:
Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
First, huge congrats and enjoy the hell out of your car!!!!

I have been concerned about fit and finish (mostly due to stories I have heard) but in all fairness, I have experienced issues with both BMW and Mercedes. My F80 M3 had rattle issues pretty much from 2 weeks after I picked it up and my current AMG Mercedes had a misaligned hood right off the boat with the shipping film still on it and the "Burmeister" sound system has never not been problematic.