Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike a phone that rides around in my pocket with other things, then gets placed on questionable surfaces and dropped occasionally, my MCU screen has never encountered anything other than soft and meaty fingers touching it.

I don't really see the need for a screen protector in the cabin
The only reason why I put one on my screen is the matte finish to reduce glare. Works wonderfully.

Well….sorry to say but I don’t see this changing. Been this way for years and probably will continue to be this way for many more. The best way to mitigate this is wait and order once production is running smoothly for a year and deliveries are happening. Preordering really doesn’t mean “that” much with Tesla. It seems more of just like a way to gauge demand.
I understand how it works. I don't approve. I'm not upset that I don't have my car yet, but I am upset at watching videos of people getting their car in a few weeks when others have been waiting for 6 plus months. This is poor logistics on Tesla's end. Just shrugging and saying "this has always sucked and I'm fine with it", is just not acceptable to me. I worry about the polite few who are leaving their SA's alone, reading these posts about how this process is "working as it always has", and then finding out a year later that it wasn't a delay for them, they were just lost in the system.

Unlike a phone that rides around in my pocket with other things, then gets placed on questionable surfaces and dropped occasionally, my MCU screen has never encountered anything other than soft and meaty fingers touching it.

Agree with the main screen, but the one in the back probably could use some protection. The back seat of my cars carry more than people on occasion...

This is what I think of when I consider a screen protector for my Tesla:
1626469429027.png

Perhaps some movement on 19” wheels?

I‘ve been blank since my Feb 14 - Mar 14 delivery date disappeared, (except 1 day in May).

Today “July” shows up. Now I’m worried it’s one of those weird cars with a kitty cat Mulroney or by the railroad tracks on Gabe’s videos.
The only reason why I put one on my screen is the matte finish to reduce glare. Works wonderfully.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Tesla should just remove the VIN and date until they have the car ready for delivery. The best thing to do is just wait for the SA to contact you when the car is ready. Doing anything else is just torturing yourself.
The ViN is required for loan and insurance so I've found it helpful to have it a week or so before physical delivery. Up until this latest round, it has been rare that a ViN is giveth then taken away.

Speaking of 19" P zeros...these exist:

umm... yes and no... the P Zero all seasons dont have 285/40/R19 with a 107W rating - you know for the rear tire :)

If that is true, then why does it seem like people with identical configurations are watching their cars being handed off to other people who have not been waiting as long? I think they are assigning them once they know where they are going. It may still technically be at the factory, but not before they know where they are headed.
You might be on to something there associated with logistics. There would be a strong possibility that "matches" could be based on an adequate number of vehicles going to a particular location. (Full hauler for example) Perhaps a sort by location might flesh that out, even make it less seemingly random.