Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. Have had protector on Model 3 for the 3 years I had it, and on the prior Model S for the last year. No heat problems, no finger tracking problems. Helped immensely with avoiding fingerprints, helped with glare, and obviously protected from scratches.

I’m planning to get one for the new S as soon as they start becoming available.
Sure, screen protectors do exactly what they are designed to do.

Some are matte finish which cut glare, others are glossy which don't cut glare.

Trapping heat? There's no air gap and they are ultra thin so no, not really a contributor to overheating.

Protect from scratches? OK, I'm sure they do, but what is going to scratch a hard coated glass in the middle of your dash?

I'm not anti screen protector, I always have one on my phone. I just don't see a big need for one in the car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah, you're right. An entire process run by web software can't possibly have any complications. My bad. I trust software developers to be error free.
Looking forward to your complaints about the delivery process and all the flaws on your car that I predict you will refuse delivery on.

Is it normal for the iPhone Chargers you place the iPhone on to be super slow to nil with charging? Mine hardly moves at all.
I've experienced the same. I've tried with and without a case with an iPhone 12. Screen is not on and nothing running in the background. Baically it just maintains the charge, it does not increase. Or if it does it's maybe 1-2% at most over hours of driving.

I'm not anti screen protector, I always have one on my phone. I just don't see a big need for one in the car.
My wife and I both have iPhones. She has a screen protector. I trust the gorilla glass. After two years, my glass screen looks way better than her screen protector. Sure, she can get a new screen protector, but she doesn't, so my experience is way better.

Reactions: Ormond and croman
Please do share results of your findings! I will be in the market for lightweight 20" rims that fit the Plaid as soon as I get a VIN ;)
The HRE hybrids … picked one 20 up at a store nearby… damn! Half the weight of comparable vossens.

oh and unplugged performance (Ben shaffers place) also has incredibly light wheels

however, my research into the load bearing capabilities of the Michelin ps4 is indicating that even the 21s are at a minimum 1819 lbs per tire…

compared to the old S 21 tires that couldn’t exceed 1600lbs, these seem like they’ll never blow! For reference, the old S 19s had a load capacity of 1864lbs.

Last edited:
Please do share results of your findings! I will be in the market for lightweight 20" rims that fit the Plaid as soon as I get a VIN ;)
I'm not sure my approach would be appreciated by many. I'm not concerned about at the limit forward drive nor do I really care how the car looks from the rear. I'm more concerned with a square set up that allows for tire rotation so I will likely be going with 20x9s and 275/35s which is just slightly wider than I am currently running on my P90D. I am very concerned with rotational inertia and sprung to unsprung ratios as, unlike at the limit handling or acceleration, I live with both of these things every time my butt hits the seat. Limit corner grip is very good for a street car and balance/release is predictable. It's just going to look like a pre-refresh from the rear.

Would love to know what the seeming delay with white interiors is... haven't seen too many white interior orders get VINs here on TMC, and yet i just watched a youtube vid with some guy who ordered white/white in June that has a car

If I see someone receive white seats + CF that placed a recent order I’m gonna be pissed! :mad::mad:

Sure, screen protectors do exactly what they are designed to do.

Some are matte finish which cut glare, others are glossy which don't cut glare.

Trapping heat? There's no air gap and they are ultra thin so no, not really a contributor to overheating.

Protect from scratches? OK, I'm sure they do, but what is going to scratch a hard coated glass in the middle of your dash?

Ya I generally don’t think cars need the screen protector also. But then I’m a paranoid panda who thinks what if I do get a scratch and years later a potential buyer says no to the car due to the scratch. I see it as the cost of keeping one more needless concern out of my already chaotic mind.

I've experienced the same. I've tried with and without a case with an iPhone 12. Screen is not on and nothing running in the background. Baically it just maintains the charge, it does not increase. Or if it does it's maybe 1-2% at most over hours of driving.
That is very disappointing to hear. I know Apple deviates from the Qi standard a bit and some older charges don't work. But it is surprising that Tesla would release a charger that they didn't test with the iPhone. Have you tried to report it as an issue to Tesla? Maybe they'll send the truck out and fix it while you're not looking! ;)

Almost had my baby girl (I think we're going to name her Asta) this afternoon but Delivery Center called to say the text was premature... The car is there but they are being very careful about making sure the software is big free says Felipe, the Delivery Center man... (Would love to know what the real story is...) So its back to Sunday!

Almost had my baby girl (I think we're going to name her Asta) this afternoon but Delivery Center called to say the text was premature... The car is there but they are being very careful about making sure the software is big free says Felipe, the Delivery Center man... (Would love to know what the real story is...) So its back to Sunday!
Hey - maybe your Asta and my Contessa can have a playdate next week...
Happy delivery day to you on Sunday!