Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened?
Haha... okay, funny you should ask. Let me just say it involved my 18 year old son and his decision to let a friend see how fast his shiny new 370Z is at 3:30 am. I got the call at 4:00 am. The parked F150's that were hit were owned by local cops. The good news is my son just added a couple of years on the maturity scale that I couldn't give him. No one was hurt thankfully.

Last edited:
What I find quite astonishing is how Tesla has seemingly resolved the torque ripple issue with permanent magnet motors, which I thought was one of the limiting factors on launching the Model 3 Performance (like the new Model S LR, it doesn’t have that initial kick off the line that my P85D did). How they’ve managed to do this with Plaid is just beyond me.

These are very impressive numbers for the LR. It’s quicker than anything you’re likely to see on a normal road. I think that for most owners it’s gonna be the quickest car they’ve ever owned. The fact it traps higher than the S Performance is amazing.
And now you know why in my review of the LR a few weeks ago, I referred to it as a “Performance Model S LR”. 😉 That thing PULLS.

Last edited:
Err. It did indeed in a recent update? My podcast streaming would show the time remaining via Bluetooth.
Okay. I just checked. It doesn’t show it for me for either music or podcasts. I went into Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and noticed one can now specify device type and I changed it from blank (hey just like my delivery date!) to Car Stereo and that made no difference.

What phone/car/software set up do you have? I’m running v10.2 (2020.48.37.6) up to date as of 7/17 6:45a ET. It’s a 2015 P90D and an iPhone 12 max pro with iOS public beta 2.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid