Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can afford a $100,000 car(and lose a lot of its value in the first 5 years) I am not sure how you say you can’t afford solar that will pay itself off in 7-10 years(in most cases). What was the payback period to make you decide it was not worth it?
Some of us have too many trees or a roof that slopes in the wrong direction to make it cost effective.

Community solar offset usually solves that issue. It's way easier and you don't have panels on your roof.
Community solar? You mean that thing I have never heard of in my area? Like I said. Not everyone can have solar. As someone else pointed out, HOA's get in the way sometimes as well.

Additionally, the solar that is commonly offered in my area writes the cost and agreement to pay into the mortgage, which means I cannot sell my house unless the next buyer agrees to take over my contract terms.

Do you know if Tesla would then charge you the higher price because the “change” you made before delivery? Since it’s just software being turned off, I would assume no, but you know what they say about assuming anything about Tesla pricing/delivery/customer service. :cool:
I had a customer rep tell me that yesterday. Not sure it is to true.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No tax on Netflix for me, but the subscription to FSD shows up as 218.65 $
The issue with FSD that may make it taxable is that it is installed already with the vehicle. There is a key to enable it. The state franchise tax board (sales tax authority in CA) is very particular about the delivery of the bits. Software delivered by CD for example has always been taxed.

Well, some have posted that 21s were comp'd to make EoQ deliveries.
Others have been charged $4,500 for rims/tires that they do not want so Tesla can keep a delivery promise (but not the $10K in extra price).
The moral to me is, if Tesla wants to, they can. If they want to waive the increased price for a configuration change, they have demonstrated they are perfectly capable of doing it.

As I predicted, my EDD is back to blank today. No idea what it means (if anything) but this is now a trend. On Saturday morning, my EDD will display a date range. On Sunday morning the date range will disappear and turn blank for the week. This is now two weeks in a row of this behavior. (It could be three weeks, but I didn’t check it three Saturday’s ago)

Anyone else see this with their accounts? I.e. consistent changes on specific days?

Consistently blank. Every day. 😀
My Estimated Delivery Date (I don’t use ED because I don’t want Dr @Tigers to give me medical advice) changed to August on Friday.

Funny that people who have a date and goes to blank, think that it is a good sign.😂🤣 And people who had blank that shows a date, think that is a good sign. 😂🤣 I was blank for two months and was excited to see August. At least somebody at Tesla acknowledge that I did place an order for a Model S. Rumors are that 19” wheels will be available in August but not sure when the white interiors will be ready. The last info from my all knowing SA said September. Can’t wait for the fall. Cooler weather, football season and maybe. Just maybe, I will get my new Model S LR.

Have about 400 miles on my Plaid now and I’m blown away with how insane this car is.

Love:
- that speed is insane. If you’re on the fence and can afford it, get the Plaid
- new console
- touchscreen interface is so smooth and easy to use
- the interior is 10 fold improved
- that big glass roof
- almost everything!

Dislikes:
- ok so I like the new yolk in that I enjoy being able to see the dash. Also on the highway, great. But when it comes to tight turns, u turns, parking, it simply doesn’t function as well as a standard wheel IMO
- no automated frunk? C’mon
- accidentally hit the turn signals

I love this car, and what you get for the price is insane value. There isn’t another car out there with the value you get from this car. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry if this is off topic, but has anyone figured out how to activate autopark on the refresh Model S? I tried double tapping park on the screen, making sure to disable continuous press and can’t get it to work.
Autopark is part of the FSD package. It will only activate when it sees an available space the vehicle can fit into and a “P” will be displayed on the touchscreen.

I found it worked maybe 10-15% of the time it should have.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Autopark is part of the FSD package. It will only activate when it sees an available space the vehicle can fit into and a “P” will be displayed on the touchscreen.

I found it worked maybe 10-15% of the time it should have.
I have FSD and I haven’t gotten a “P” to come on yet even though I turned in every beta item I have access to and have been purposefully trying to find that perpendicular spot in my work parking lot. Software v 2021.12.4.7

I have FSD and I haven’t gotten a “P” to come on yet even though I turned in every beta item I have access to and have been purposefully trying to find that perpendicular spot in my work parking lot. Software v 2021.12.4.7

You have to be driving at less than 15mph past a big enough spot. When you see the P you go into reverse and it should put up a prompt asking if you want it to park.

The original question was about the auto park enabled by tapping the end of the stalk (which now doesn't exist). This is more akin to summon. You double tap the non existent gear stalk and it allows selection either forward or reverse and then it does it's thing after you leave.