Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, and this may be old news already, the updated FSD apparently won't work with the 2016 to 2019 Teslas unless they shell out $1,500 for an updated or upgraded FSD computer.
I think they're going to find themselves on the wrong side of a class action lawsuit, as there was so much stuff put out there, like "all Teslas from X (2016?) and upwards are capable of FSD...."
my prediction - the computer may actually cost Tesla say, 1/2 or $750. I think they'll have to eat it for anyone who has or wants an FSD subscription.
Just my .02, but that is going to look ugly on the balance sheet.
I don't know what percentage get FSD, so if only 20% then not quite as bad. However, with the new subscription model, someone with a 2016 who wouldn't shell out the $10k might very well shell out the $200 to try out for the month. so that would cost Tesla in my speculative math $550 for one month. Maybe they'll require a minimum of 4 months with the subscription if they need to add the computer. that makes sense to me.
still, kinda slimy.
Right thing - need upgraded computer. we said capable of FSD. come in and we'll upgrade. Done. Not sure the Tesla monkey is fair though.
I have a 2017 model S and bought FSD (all of AP) for 5k during the fire sale. They upgraded my autopilot computer for free since I bought FSD.

For those that didn’t buy FSD, they don’t seem to be upgrading those computers (rightly so). And if you just do the subscription option, you first need to pay for the hardware upgrade. I think that’s fair. All newer cars have the new hardware regardless of FSD purchase to my knowledge.

Yep it was supposed to be this morning. I talked to the delivery center and all he said was Freemont instructed them to do more inspections, I asked if there were any specifics software or hardware, he said he had no information... Interesting yours said it was the charge port, that's new to me.
Got a call from delivery center few minutes ago, stating that they are still waiting for instructions from Fremont engineering team on how to get the issue fixed. Since it's remote fix, i'm assuming it's a software patch to address the issue. She said at this time don't have any timline.

Got a call from delivery center few minutes ago, stating that they are still waiting for instructions from Fremont engineering team on how to get the issue fixed. Since it's remote fix, i'm assuming it's a software patch to address the issue. She said at this time don't have any timline.
Thank you, please keep us updated! I'll do the same if I hear anything from mine. Curious to know what issue it is!

Any tips for a home ceramic coating product that people think is just as good as getting it professionally done? The truth is I am tapped out on this car after having to add the 21's. PPF is too expensive for the whole car as well. Already seeing a minor chip on the paint after one week. Sad the paint isn't better on these cars for the price.
Check out Adam's polishes. I tried their ceramic coating on my other car and the result was pretty good!
And heck, i did get a rock chip too! Right over the PPF 😭

Any tips for a home ceramic coating product that people think is just as good as getting it professionally done? The truth is I am tapped out on this car after having to add the 21's. PPF is too expensive for the whole car as well. Already seeing a minor chip on the paint after one week. Sad the paint isn't better on these cars for the price.
The results for ceramic coating are very much dependent on the prep and application. You can buy the same coatings that professionals use.

** Adam's UV Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit - $115 or
** Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light - $65

Both are great products.

This only makes sense if there was a hardware change on the line right? The cars already delivered aren't being recalled, yet they're holding up new ones for software? Hmm

I've been curious about how arbitrary the estimated delivery dates are displayed on different accounts, so I dug into the web page code (see below).

DISCLAIMER: even though I work in software and have a BSEE, I don't actually write code (my MBA/biz dev side is much stronger these days :p)

A few interesting points I gathered:

1. The default state seems to be "we will reach out to you", so basically: stop refreshing, we will notify you (yeah, right)

2. There are three distinct estimates:
a) "estimatedDelivery", which seems to just be a placeholder for a month
b) "estimatedDeliveryDates", which specifies a date range
c) "estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced", which is a date range in number of weeks from order placement (I haven't seen that at all from anyone recently)

3. When actual delivery appointments are scheduled, a date and time as well as location are populated

The mystery I still haven't solved is, how does the monkey choose from the different estimates to display??

Code:
"delivery": {
    "addToCalendar": "Add to Calendar",
    "defaultDateTime": "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
    "delivery": "Delivery Appointment",
    "deliveryAppointment": "Delivery Appointment at ##place##",
    "documentSigningAppointment": "Document Signing Appointment at ##place##",
    "estimatedDelivery": "Estimated delivery",
    "estimatedDeliveryDates": "Estimated Delivery: ##date1## - ##date2##",
    "estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced": "Estimated Delivery: ##date1##-##date2## weeks from order placed date",
    "notifyArrived": "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location.",
    "willContact": "A Tesla Advisor will contact you with details regarding your delivery date and time."
},
"deliveryBlock": {
    "accept": "I Accept"
},

My account was updated!!

They added back the banner for ordering solar panels. Which, according to this thread, since I am ordering a Model S I should basically order solar panels.
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 1.40.46 PM.png

I've been curious about how arbitrary the estimated delivery dates are displayed on different accounts, so I dug into the web page code (see below).

DISCLAIMER: even though I work in software and have a BSEE, I don't actually write code (my MBA/biz dev side is much stronger these days :p)

1. The default state seems to be "we will reach out to you", so basically: stop refreshing, we will notify you (yeah, right)

c) "estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced", which is a date range in number of weeks from order placement (I haven't seen that at all from anyone recently)

3. When actual delivery appointments are scheduled, a date and time as well as location are populated

The mystery I still haven't solved is, how does the monkey choose from the different estimates to display??

Code:
    "defaultDateTime": "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
    "estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced": "Estimated Delivery: ##date1##-##date2## weeks from order placed date",
    "notifyArrived": "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location.",
    "willContact": "A Tesla Advisor will contact you with details regarding your delivery date and time."
},
},

If you look, there should be a global variable called
Code:
Tesla.ProductF
. Most likely the variables of the template you're looking at is there.

You can easily pop open Chrome's DevConsole, and type:

Code:
Tesla.ProductF.Data.DeliveryDetails

To see that. For example, mine (ETA September) looks like:

Code:
Tesla.ProductF.Data.DeliveryDetails.EstimateDelivery
{copyOverride: "Estimated delivery: September"}

Probably that field will contain which template (estimatedDeliveryDates/estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced) as well as the ##date## blocks.

If you look, there should be a global variable called
Code:
Tesla.ProductF
. Most likely the variables of the template you're looking at is there.

You can easily pop open Chrome's DevConsole, and type:

Code:
Tesla.ProductF.Data.DeliveryDetails

To see that. For example, mine (ETA September) looks like:

Code:
Tesla.ProductF.Data.DeliveryDetails.EstimateDelivery
{copyOverride: "Estimated delivery: September"}

Probably that field will contain which template (estimatedDeliveryDates/estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced) as well as the ##date## blocks.
Thanks, yes I remember seeing July in there back in mid-June:

Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: July"}

but since late-June it's just been overriding it with "null" :(

Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":null}

Thanks, yes I remember seeing July in there back in mid-June:

Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: July"}

but since late-June it's just been overriding it with "null" :(

Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":null}
I'd look around the Tesla.ProductF global variable for your answer - based on my quick read of the source, it seems that's where the "data" of the car is stored - there was no additional HTTP requests after a page load to get more "info" relating to the car.

I would, but ETA of September prevents me :)

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Code:
},
},
Monkey work is outside the scope of coding team 😂

This thread is so large, I don't even remember what it's even about anymore. 😅 Plus, given we just got drag results in the last few days of the LR, it seems unlikely it's been mentioned 50 times already? Maybe... 27 times...
As I already pointed out, we all know the LR so was superior to the Plaid, Tesla had to add a third motor.