Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, and this may be old news already, the updated FSD apparently won't work with the 2016 to 2019 Teslas unless they shell out $1,500 for an updated or upgraded FSD computer.
I think they're going to find themselves on the wrong side of a class action lawsuit, as there was so much stuff put out there, like "all Teslas from X (2016?) and upwards are capable of FSD...."
my prediction - the computer may actually cost Tesla say, 1/2 or $750. I think they'll have to eat it for anyone who has or wants an FSD subscription.
Just my .02, but that is going to look ugly on the balance sheet.
I don't know what percentage get FSD, so if only 20% then not quite as bad. However, with the new subscription model, someone with a 2016 who wouldn't shell out the $10k might very well shell out the $200 to try out for the month. so that would cost Tesla in my speculative math $550 for one month. Maybe they'll require a minimum of 4 months with the subscription if they need to add the computer. that makes sense to me.
still, kinda slimy.
Right thing - need upgraded computer. we said capable of FSD. come in and we'll upgrade. Done. Not sure the Tesla monkey is fair though.
Anyone who bought FSD got a "free" upgrade to the HW3. Tesla was under obligation to provide that, as they had made promises (only some of which they've made good on, the rest are still "coming soon"). I don't see how anyone who didn't purchase it would be able to claim they were obliged an upgrade that they didn't pay for.

Anyone who bought FSD got a "free" upgrade to the HW3. Tesla was under obligation to provide that, as they had made promises (only some of which they've made good on, the rest are still "coming soon"). I don't see how anyone who didn't purchase it would be able to claim they were obliged an upgrade that they didn't pay for.
I was under the impression all Teslas built in the past few years have had HW3, whether FSD-enabled or not. Is that wrong? It would explain why a local '21 M3 owner claims they'd be charged $1500 to be able to rent FSD (if their car shipped with HW2)

Thank you! I just found mine the same way. Problem is, the label was created on July 7th, and there are no updates after that. Tesla really is the gift that just keeps on giving.
Same here, but there's a twist.... There was one created about a week or so after delivery from "Tesla Registration Ops." but that one still hasn't shipped... But they created AND shipped another one from "NA-US-CA-Fremont-901 Page" with the same weight yesterday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow... It's a fun riddle, just like everything else Tesla :)

I was under the impression all Teslas built in the past few years have had HW3, whether FSD-enabled or not. Is that wrong? It would explain why a local '21 M3 owner claims they'd be charged $1500 to be able to rent FSD (if their car shipped with HW2)
Indeed, every Tesla shipped past 2019 (not sure what date exactly they started in 2019 though) does have HW3. there was a window between 2017-2019 that has either HW2 or 2.5 that would require the upgrade.

Indeed, every Tesla shipped past 2019 (not sure what date exactly they started in 2019 though) does have HW3. there was a window between 2017-2019 that has either HW2 or 2.5 that would require the upgrade.
My M3P (built in March of 2019) came with HW3 (likely because I purchased FSD with the order). At that time, it seemed like they still had a bunch of old stuff lying around, and they would put it in cars that didn't order FSD. I'd guess they kept doing that until they ran out and everything after that came with HW3.

Also, FSD pricing during that time was wildly different. Now, we get AP basic for free, and FSD is $10k (was $8k when I ordered my Plaid).
Back then, EAP was $5k and included 80% of FSD (now)'s features. FSD was a $3k "preorder", and gave you nothing else (at the time). It still added up to $8k altogether, though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Also, FSD pricing during that time was wildly different. Now, we get AP basic for free, and FSD is $10k (was $8k when I ordered my Plaid).
Back then, EAP was $5k and included 80% of FSD (now)'s features. FSD was a $3k "preorder", and gave you nothing else (at the time). It still added up to $8k altogether, though.
Just checked my MVPA. Somehow I only paid $5000 for FSD back then. I do remember that it was fluctuating rapidly though, and I placed my order partially due to one of Elon's "FSD going up at the end of the month." tweets.

as someone who has taken delivery of MS LR, I wish they'd tell me if i should drive it or keep it parked! Not that I'd follow their instructions cuz the car is great fun to drive :)
Maybe they realized the LR is too fast relative to the Plaid so they need to “fix” that ;-). Maybe you will have a speedy “unicorn”

So it's T+22 no signs. But I just called Tesla and they talked to the local delivery team, said that the vehicle is not quite ready but should be ready before noon today. Will keep you guys posted, if I survived all of these ups/downs delivery day anxieties...
So... yeah, just got a call from the delivery center saying they've been instructed to thoroughly inspect all MS's and they don't know how long but they're pushing the delivery date a couple of days out.... ugh lol

Average residential customer utility bills in Southern California are actually lower than the national average on an annual basis, despite having higher much kwh rates. There is less need for heating and cooling. SDG&E has the highest rates in the state but the weather is amazing.
When I owned my P100D, I plugged into my 240V outlet (to 90%) every night. In the 2 years I owned the car, my electric bill increased about $70 per month ($17.50 week.) Since I'm a dumbass and sold my P100D in March, I've been spending $70-$80 per week on gas ($280-$320 month.)

@MrExitStrategy Is your are schedule for delivery today (7/19)? Mine is schedule for 2PM today but got a call from Tesla delivery center couple of hours ago stating that for the shipments received last week and schedule for this week delivery, they got instructions from Fremont to keep the deliveries ON HOLD as they need to do some security checks on power port. Just thought of checking whether you had any such message from your delivery center.