Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tips for a home ceramic coating product that people think is just as good as getting it professionally done? The truth is I am tapped out on this car after having to add the 21's. PPF is too expensive for the whole car as well. Already seeing a minor chip on the paint after one week. Sad the paint isn't better on these cars for the price.
I am a huge fan of CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0 and the related recommended correction polishes. I've self-corrected and coated two of my previous cars myself and if you follow the instructions, it's pretty doable over a 2-3 day period. As someone else mentioned, ceramic coating will do zilch for paint chips but I've never bothered much about the chips all that much.

My delivery appointment is still set at 7/26 at my local delivery center. Hasn't been pushed back but who knows, my car is in transit to them from Fremont now. My old CEO had his Plaid delivery held at the Scottsdale/PHX location for "an unknown software hold" also... I just wasn't sure if this was related to just the plaids or all model S's - as my mine is LR. Does anyone have a delivery hold on a LR?
Yes My Delivery HOLD is for a LR White/21"/Cream Interior in Atlanta.

I ordered a Plaid/white/white/CF/arachnid/FSD in March 2021. Other than a delivery date range that appeared for about 1 day in April and for about 2 hours in late May, I've been blank. I check every, oh, 5 minutes so I would know. 🤣 I'm in Michigan, if it makes a difference.

I've enjoyed following this board for the last several months. I'm glad when other people get their cars because it means (theoretically, right??) that I must be getting closer to mine. One day.

as someone who has taken delivery of MS LR, I wish they'd tell me if i should drive it or keep it parked! Not that I'd follow their instructions cuz the car is great fun to drive :)
When and where
as someone who has taken delivery of MS LR, I wish they'd tell me if i should drive it or keep it parked! Not that I'd follow their instructions cuz the car is great fun to drive :)
@Desert Dave Awesome, what color/options/wheels did you get and HEN did you take delivery ? (You must have gotten it early B/C you are in California? )

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am a huge fan of CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0 and the related recommended correction polishes. I've self-corrected and coated two of my previous cars myself and if you follow the instructions, it's pretty doable over a 2-3 day period. As someone else mentioned, ceramic coating will do zilch for paint chips but I've never bothered much about the chips all that much.
The Cquartz UK 3.0 has great reviews but it's a bit more time consuming. Adam's Graphene only requires 1 coat.

Yep it was supposed to be this morning. I talked to the delivery center and all he said was Freemont instructed them to do more inspections, I asked if there were any specifics software or hardware, he said he had no information... Interesting yours said it was the charge port, that's new to me.
Same story for me... No information on the hold ....or WHAT exactly it is addressing.... (other than a SOFTWARE UPDATE/FIRMWARE UPDATE)

I ordered a Plaid/white/white/CF/arachnid/FSD in March 2021. Other than a delivery date range that appeared for about 1 day in April and for about 2 hours in late May, I've been blank. I check every, oh, 5 minutes so I would know. 🤣 I'm in Michigan, if it makes a difference.

I've enjoyed following this board for the last several months. I'm glad when other people get their cars because it means (theoretically, right??) that I must be getting closer to mine. One day.
Welcome neighbour great spec you ordered a man with taste. We might get the cars on the same truck delivered :)

When and where

@Desert Dave Awesome, what color/options/wheels did you get and HEN did you take delivery ? (You must have gotten it early B/C you are in California? )
I snagged a customer decline in So. Cal on June 30. LR, MSM/White (originally ordered black), Arachnid (originally ordered 19's), FSD that I cancelled after they gave me a real vin that day. I ordered January 30th, so I waited five months for it to "accidentally happen"

I snagged a customer decline in So. Cal on June 30. LR, MSM/White (originally ordered black), Arachnid (originally ordered 19's), FSD that I cancelled after they gave me a real vin that day. I ordered January 30th, so I waited five months for it to "accidentally happen"
If you dont mind me asking...how were you able to snag it...did you call your SA and tell them you would happily take one if there was a customer decline or what was the process? Thanks!

If you dont mind me asking...how were you able to snag it...did you call your SA and tell them you would happily take one if there was a customer decline or what was the process? Thanks!
My local SA was doing all they could to match me up with any declines at my SC here. I saw on this forum another user posted that another location about 120 miles from me had a decline and it might be worth seeing if someone else could snag it. I called them and it happened quickly. I can't speak for how each SA and location prioritize customers waiting for orders or how any of that works. I just know a random call to another Tesla SC managed to get me a car close to what I ordered.

Any tips for a home ceramic coating product that people think is just as good as getting it professionally done? The truth is I am tapped out on this car after having to add the 21's. PPF is too expensive for the whole car as well. Already seeing a minor chip on the paint after one week. Sad the paint isn't better on these cars for the price.
For the paint chips, the touch-up kit that Tesla sell is actually quite good and is user friendly, so I recommend that. Just follow the instructions and take your time--look up YouTube videos for "Dr ColorChip" as that seems to be the system they sell.

My local SA was doing all they could to match me up with any declines at my SC here. I saw on this forum another user posted that another location about 120 miles from me had a decline and it might be worth seeing if someone else could snag it. I called them and it happened quickly. I can't speak for how each SA and location prioritize customers waiting for orders or how any of that works. I just know a random call to another Tesla SC managed to get me a car close to what I ordered.
Thank you! I did the same with mine a month or so ago but its been radio silence really.

For the paint chips, the touch-up kit that Tesla sell is actually quite good and is user friendly, so I recommend that. Just follow the instructions and take your time--look up YouTube videos for "Dr ColorChip" as that seems to be the system they sell.
Huge caveat based on experience: Do not try to do this with the Pearl White. At various times, they even stopped selling this specific color kit, because it can make things looks slightly less bad, but nowhere near good. You'll want to have the front clip resprayed if you have white and end up caring about chips.

I was very happy with the result on MSM and silver, but the White multicoat is just too difficult to match in a simple kit.

Edit: it appears there is even a disclaimer on the Tesla Shop about white now, even though they sell it. :)

Note: Paint Repair Kits are final sale. White is not compatible with Pearl White paint. Final results of Pearl White may appear slightly different than the rest of your vehicle depending on the lighting environment and application process used.

Ha... So here is an interesting twist, I have just now tried to sign into my Tesla Account, and got "

Access Denied​

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.tesla.com/oauth2/v1/authorize?" on this server."....
Pure Coincidence I'm sure...... or they are about to say come on down and pick it up? or your order has been cancelled 🤓 ....

Most likely you're hitting a rate-limit, or your IP got (temp) banned. Are you connecting via a proxy or VPN? I sometimes get that as well.

Any idea why it was rejected?