Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery scheduled on Friday morning of my late January Plaid White Ext/Black CF Int/Arachnids order. Thank you to the folks sharing what is going on with the delivery hold. I haven't heard anything yet about my car, but it's nice to be aware of this possible delay in advance. At this point, another few days/week is cake compared to the last almost 6 months.

Tesla plays fast and loose with customers and customer's money.
Buy FSD but it is never delivered and you can not recoup anything when you sell the car as FSD does not transfer. If true, that really starts to feel like fraud.
Now you need a hardware update before the FSD we SOLD (not just promised) you will work and it will only cost you XYZ.

I've been waiting for this 800 lb gorilla attitude to catch up to them. It would be a shame if their caviler attitude when it comes to customer's wallets sets them back hard as they really are doing amazing things.
Stop repeating the false information, FSD stays with the car as long as it's not sold back to Tesla.

Guys I’m on the road so I apologize if this had been asked/answered with regards to the hold. Has anyone who has already taken deliver been contacted about bringing their car in? Seems anything recently discovered that warrants delivery holds, is important enough to pull already delivered cars in.
I've heard nothing and have a mobile service appointment this Thursday for an unrelated issue. I guess they're not too concerned.

I have a delivery scheduled on Friday morning of my late January Plaid White Ext/Black CF Int/Arachnids order. Thank you to the folks sharing what is going on with the delivery hold. I haven't heard anything yet about my car, but it's nice to be aware of this possible delay in advance. At this point, another few days/week is cake compared to the last almost 6 months.
Congrats on getting a VIN! I have the exact same config in SoCal, but I'm a Plaid+ conversion. I was promised the car in June.
At this point I have nothing but an RN, no VIN no date no nothing.
The fact that you are back east and have a car leads me to think maybe they sell cars to the east and work their way to CA.

I am now back to an EDD of October (was blank before), which sucks because I do not know how am I going to get by without a car until then.

Does anyone know how much earlier I can get the car if I switch to the 21" arachnid wheels?

Current build: MSLR Black/Black/19"/No FSD
Probably depends on your order date, but to be honest I think now it's a crap shoot even with low RN Number.

I think it's harder knowing that you're so close to getting the car and have to wait a few more days! I could be driving it right now!! haha but yeah, definitely 1st world problems, and I'm not gonna whine anymore (at least for the next 5 minutes...)

I just came from rovers and jaguar, no issues -loved them. But this is just a different animal. I cannot see me going back. Not because they were bad but because tesla is just better for me.

Hey everyone!

been out for about 8 days (was in Napa celebrating my 40th birthday). Unfortunately, I did not get a birthday present from Tesla and am still stuck on "July". Being that I'm in south florida, it's the 18th, and I have no VIN, I'm starting to think it isn't gonna pan out.

Quick question...as I don't want to go back through 80-100 pages, anyone run a quarter mile on the LR yet? Still curious what they're running

thanks....let the misery resume.
Thought I saw a 10.8 at q
Hilarious video from DragTimes:

so how is this done?

Thought I saw a 10.8 at q

so how is this done?
Try this IG link, he explains it:

I spoke to the service manager about the hold. He said that engineering requested it from Fremont and they have not been told the issue. They have my car ready to go as as soon as they get the all clear they will release it. He did not know if it was software or they would need to do a more extensive check. He said in past instances it was often a part that needed checking or tightening. Sounds like it will not be too long but we will see.

I spoke to the service manager about the hold. He said that engineering requested it from Fremont and they have not been told the issue. They have my car ready to go as as soon as they get the all clear they will release it. He did not know if it was software or they would need to do a more extensive check. He said in past instances it was often a part that needed checking or tightening. Sounds like it will not be too long but we will see.
So based on what we've heard so far, it's very clear that there is a delivery hold for most (if not all) Model S scheduled for delivery this week. It's a request for more inspection/testing/validation/fix/whateverwhoknowsitstesla from Fremont and could be related to the charge port... Could definitely be wrong on this, but I think it's all been LR, I don't think I've a seen a Plaid one being held yet.